You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Kippy

Real Ghost Stories

Kippy

 

Now this story is about Kippy who I have mentioned previously on other posts.

Kippy I first knew at 2 hours old, when a neighbor's youngest daughter (who are also friends) came to let me know Daisy, Kip's mum, had had her 2nd litter. We always say we're related through our animals as Kip was only one of many dogs we had who were blood related to dogs in the other household.

I finally managed to convince my grandmother to allow me to get Kip when he was 2 months old. She did this as I already had and looked after my mare Cherry and she had fallen in love with him the moment she saw him just as I had. This was March 1989, he was born 5 January 1989 just 18 days before little sister was born.

Many things happened over the years I had him. Little Benny (Maltese/Silky and still living) entered in 1996 and the two become fast friends after the first 72 hours (long story there lol). Our neighbors that had bred Kip decided, when their Border Collie/Kelpie x working dog they had gotten some 12 months before, was to have a litter and as I wanted to breed from Kip asked for Kip to be the father (Kip was Kelpie/Coolie x). Kip at this point had not long turned 10 years old.

On 18 May 1999 Morticia and Gomez along with their siblings were born. 4 1/2 weeks later Tish and Mez (or Lixy/Sweetie and Moo/Moo Moo as they're called when they're not in trouble) entered our household. I know it sounds long winded but its just background on how things are here.

Wednesday 12 September 2001 (Australian east coast time) aged 12 years 8 months and 1 week old, we had to have Kip put down due to kidney failure. It was a decision that I particularly found hard having known him from the age of 2 hours, but it was best for him. The ex (daddy) started crying when I did as he took his last breaths.

Just days later on the following Monday, I said to the ex "I'm going to go lie down for a nap". I didn't expect anything out of the ordinary to happen. I'd done it time and again over the years. THIS time was different however!

Now let me tell you, Kip had THE most rotten breath in the last few months of his life he could wake ANYONE from a dead sleep with it just by breathing on them! And I'd been lying there for probably 10-15 minutes when suddenly I smelt Kips breath! I KNEW it was his breath, he was the only to have breath that smelt like that and I knew he was doing his usual of sitting over me to breathe on me to wake me up. Something that he'd done since the day I'd gotten him!

As I've mentioned before, he's let be known he's around since by being on the bed and/or in the bed and there being no dog there! By being heard walking around the house at different times and really just generally being about. He was much loved by all of us including the youngest sister-in-law who's a cat person through and through!

It's comforting to know he's about just like the 2 big ones are, and I certainly wouldn't be without it!

Other hauntings by Morticia1

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Morticia1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
[at] teneki yes its lovely to think theyre always there thinking of us too 😊

[at] adsouza ty and yes a little annoying but ah well! 😁
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Thanks Morticia... I have to continue typing as the site does not take a thanks by itself...
😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
I've had a previous pet come and visit me as well. It's always nice to know they may be gone, but even as we think of them, they obviously continue to think of us as well.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
[at] adsouza that's beautiful! Thank you for sharing, a great way to remember that they are not forgotten 😊
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Morticia: I wrote something... Maybe you might like it... This is my little tribute

I met you on the side roads of the village
A bit of a nervous wreck you were
Looking for support from someone
To help you find some strength
Luckily for me, I met you then
For I too, was looking for a source of strength
Riding home on my bicycle
The bond was instant and we seemed like each knew the other
Together we went to your new home
And began a journey together
Played, ran fields, climbed mountains, swam lakes
And ended up curled each night
I can never forget your 'good morning kiss'
The special way you licked my face clean
I can never forget the welcoming hug each day post school
When you would jump at me and dirty my clothes
I remember how you met my first girlfriend
You were the first one to share that secret
I remember how we chased the monkeys
And came back home like warriors successful from a mission
I miss you every single day and have missed you for the 15 years you have gone
All I long for is one 'good morning kiss' and a 'welcome home hug'
I would wait as long as it takes for your gifts
Each time I think of you, I wish I could be a child again
Run fields, climb mountains and play hard again
Memories are what I have about you
Strong and clear as ever
And wishful thinking is what I indulge in
Someday we will meet again, and the kisses and hugs will follow
Until that day my friend, I will wait to meet you again
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
[at] adsouza I know exactly what you mean. I was close to tears typing this up ready to post, heck I was close to tears just posting it! Had to keep them at bay so I could see what I was doing 😊 And yep doesn't matter what others say theyre around us all the time giving us comfort.

[at] Jav uh huh exactly the same happened with Kip. Was hugging and kissing him all the way through. And no I don't mind the Tish (better than Mort! 😆)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Morticia,
You get me every time with your animals. All I could think of while reading this was Tippy. 13 years and 6 months to the day. We had to put her down as well. I held her all the way rhrough it, felt her go...

That's all I can say.

Jav ❤
~Thank you Tish (hope you don't mind) ~
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Morticia,
I choked when I read your account. After 15 years of my favorite dog passing away, I can still clearly hear his comforting 'woof' every time I am down in the dumps. I understand that people will not believe this at face value, but the one who experiences it, takes total comfort in the knowledge that our best friends are around.
Thanks for sharing,
Amit

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: