You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sign My Uncle Was There

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign My Uncle Was There

 

My uncle passed suddenly in 2005. He had no obvious health problems and seemed to be in good shape for a man of 38-years-old. The day we received the news was a cloudy, rainy, depressing day. Our home phone wasn't in service at the time; every time it rained it wouldn't work. Out of nowhere my aunt and cousins showed up and were the bearers of bad news. My heart broke.

After his funeral I volunteered to help his wife pack up everything and move out of their trailer. It was very hard for both of us. While in the middle of packing, she left to go get us some lunch. It would take her about an hour to do so because they lived out in the country.

I stayed and continued to pack up as much as I could. I found a shirt that was his and began to think about him. Out of nowhere the front door of the trailer slammed shut. I figured it was the wind and got up and opened it again. I went back to doing what I was doing.

After about 5 minutes, I smelled the smell of a lit cigarette. I looked around thinking that someone had come in without me knowing. I checked each room and no one was there. I went into the master bedroom and the smell was stronger there. As I walked toward the master bathroom, the window closed by itself and the bedroom door slammed shut. I jumped and turned around. No one was there but the bed looked as if someone was sitting on the corner.

When my aunt got back I told her what happened. As I was telling her, my uncle's favorite CD fell to the floor and the radio station changed from country to classic rock. We both agreed that it was my uncle telling us that he was still with us watching over us.

Other hauntings by brchdech8809

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brchdech8809, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostgirl55443322 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Awww that's so sad yet I'm sure it is a relief knowing their is no one trying to hurt or damage you or anything in any harmful way but yet he is their to let you know he will always watch over you! 😊 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
brchdech8809: Sorry for your loss, I also agree that this was your uncle showing you that he was still there watching over both of you. Do you still receive signs that he around or do you believe he may have moved on?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Awe this is a great story!:-) I bet it was a great feeling to know he is still there:)
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
What a lovely story 😊 I lost my uncle last year and I know he's still around by the smell of cigarette smoke as well 😊 I'm sure your'll remember him and he'll visit you again 😊
Ghostly94:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: