You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who Was In The Camper?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was In The Camper?

 

My boyfriend and I were going through some rough times so me, him, and the boys moved our camper to my parents backyard until we could get back on our feet. The camper hadn't been lived in in a few years so once we got it moved we had to give it a very good cleaning before we could actually sleep in it. After that it was home sweet home again.

The first few weeks of being in it were ok. We had to get used to living in it and being in my parents back yard all at the same time. After we got settled and started "homesteading" weird things started happening. I would be at the sink washing dishes and I felt like someone was standing over my shoulder watching me. I would look over my shoulder every 5 seconds. At night when we were all asleep I would hear foot steps walking up the little hall that led from the front bed to the back bedroom. I would jump up thinking one of the kids were awake, but no one would be up. I asked my boyfriend if he heard it and he said no.

At first I thought I was hearing things, but one day I was preparing to cook dinner and all the things that I pulled out of the cabinets flew to the floor or just disappeared. Things like this happened all the time.

A couple weeks ago, my boyfriend was in class, so it was just me and the boys in the camper. We were sitting at the table eating dinner when something pulled on the door like it was trying to come in. (I always keep the door locked when we are there by ourselves) I looked out of the window, but no one was there. I figured it was just the wind so me and the boys went back to eating. We were talking and eating when the cabinets came open and closed by themselves. I tried to ignore it, but the boys had questions. Then the door to the bathroom opened and closed and the tv turned itself on and off and started changing channels. My oldest son looked at me and said it's a ghost and ran out of the camper. My youngest and I followed after him.

My question is what could be in the camper and why doesn't it show itself to my boyfriend, just to me and my boys?

Other hauntings by brchdech8809

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brchdech8809, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Hmmmm, my mother once told me, that one should never move into a house that has been empty, for more than 40 days. She said if you do, you should have the house, "cleaned", and, or, blessed.

When I asked her why, she said that the house becomes attractive to the spirits that are around us at all times, and that they take possesion of it. By having it blessed or smudged with sage it becomes livable by the living again. Has anyone else ever heard of this before? 😕
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Sometimes, when something like this happens, it feels like it happens in slow motion, or like it is happening to someone else, and not yourself. Could be the reason why she did not went into a panic immediatly. I once was reading on my bed when I felt a invisible hand touching my back. I looked up, got that slow motion feeling, and then went on reading. The next day the same thing happened. I looked up from my book I was reading, told the thing to take a hike, and went on with my reading. I was a little spooked, but not scared. Not everyone takes it the same way.
puppyqueen67 (9 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I would be freaking out, taking videos, getting out of the camper, anything but sitting calmly eating my dinner! I would do research about this camper, or just get out!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I have to agree with Casper and RTL89 on this one! Why were you so calm?! I would be running around like a headless chicken! And trying to get my kids out (I would see if I could stay at a friend's house), and I would definately beg my Husband to come home!
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
RTL89 (8 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I agree with Casper. This story, along with many others on this site, seem to contain people whose actions are absurd and would only be acceptable in Hollywood horror movies. I'm not doubting the genuinity of your experience; it just really makes no sense that cabinets would be opening and closing, plates would be flying off the table and crashing to the floor, and the TV turning on and off by itself... All the while you sit there and "try" to ignore it. And when your son yells out "it's a ghost!", that's when you all run out in single file. See what I'm trying to get at here?

If it were me in this situation, I'd start running in a panic, and if I were to look back and write about the experience, I'd probably have little to no words to describe my emotion because it was like a lightning quick panic/shock.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Scary! Maybe the spirit is scared of grown men. Some spirits are because of their past, but I don't know why it would be in your camper. Ask the people who had it before you what happened in that thing! Haha.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I would certainly be staring at the cabinets in disbelief if they opened and closed by themselves. How come you were so calm about it?
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
You could possibly be dealing with a poltergeist. Or it might be your husband is playing tricks on you and the kids.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: