You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: After my Grandfather Died

Real Ghost Stories

After my Grandfather Died

 

This is a true story about after my grandfather died. He died about 4 years ago. He was the first person that I ever really cared about and lost. After he died, I was just looking for some kind of sign that he was at peace and okay. Not long after he died, maybe a few weeks, my grandmother was at the house lying in bed, now she was 70 years old and blind. My uncle, her son, was staying at the house with her to care for her. Now let it be known that my grandmother was as sharp as a wit! She was no regular old lady!

She said she was laying in bed and all of a sudden she felt the bed move, as if someone had laid down beside her. She thought maybe my uncle had sleep walked into the bed. She called out my uncle's name and he didn't answer, she said his name again, and this time he answered back. Only she realized that his voice was not beside her but in the other room. She knew that somebody or something had laid there beside her that night.

My uncle had an experience where while he was staying at the house, he slept out on the couch. He would keep a picture of the family on the table in front of him, which included my grandfather of course. Well, he always kept the picture facing him, only one day when he woke up, the picture was facing the opposite direction. Now mind you that my grandmother can not walk either and used a wheelchair, and she and my uncle were the only two in the house.

My uncle also said that a few days after my grandfather had passed, that he was laying down on the couch where my grandfather would always lay. He said at one point he felt like he could not breath. It felt like something had its hand over my uncle's face. We kind of thought maybe my grandfather's spirit was still in the house and not only did he lay beside my grandmother that night ,like he always did, but that maybe he was sitting in his favorite spot where my uncle was laying and he pressed his hand down on the arm of the chair to rise up from the couch where my uncles head just happened to be and maybe that's when he felt his face being smothered.

I also thought too that there was something strange behind my being accepted into nursing school. Exactly a month or so after he passed away, I was awaiting to see if I had been accepted or not, and unfortunately found out that I wasn't. I was already devastated over losing my grandfather and would talk to him everyday. Not getting into nursing school just took the cake.

Well one day that month after he passed, I received a phone call from the school telling me I had been considered and had to be there that day to register because class started the very next day! I mean everyone else had already been chosen, and here it was school started the next day. I always thought how close that happened to my grandfather's death, and really believe he had something to do with that.

Also, my aunt who lived in the next county was laying on her couch asleep. Her husband works the night shift. She was alone in the house. Something had awakened her from her sleep. She said when she opened her eyes, there was my grandfather standing there in front of her bending over her in one of his favorite flannel shirts. Needless to say she jumped up and shouted "oh my god, what are you doing here", I forgot what he had said to her but he had disappeared before her eyes. She said she got up and went to check the rooms and there he was standing in the kitchen. Then he disappeared.

Last, my other aunt said she was with my grandmother one day at the house and my grandmother was laying down in the bedroom while my aunt was out in the other room. My aunt said that all of a sudden she could hear my grandmother talking to herself, saying "I said No, I'm not ready to go yet..." My aunt asked her if she was okay and who was she talking to, and my grandmother said, "It's your father, don't you see him at the foot of the bed"? "He's trying to get me to come with him!" At that point my aunt said she never did go back into the bedroom again. The next year almost exactly 14 months later, my grandmother also passed away.

I hope you enjoyed my stories, as these are true events of things that took place after my grandfather passed away.

Other hauntings by melissagrove2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melissagrove2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

caracooldevil (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
soz I have gone a bit mad-great story awwwwwwwwwww man! That's sooooooo annoyin! Lol 😆 I have gone mental soz
Cara (good luck) xx 😉
SEPPS (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
S.E.P.P.S was founded by Kevin Fitz-Maurice and Casey Morganelli. We started this organization to help people as well as investigate for our on interest in the paranormal field. The S.E.P.P.S philosphy is to disprove hauntings rather than prove them. We like to find logical reasons for claims, and any evidence we are left with afterwards we anaylize from a paranormal perspective. S.E.P.P.S is a non-profit organization, our only goal is to help people who need peace of mind in their own homes or businesses. Contact us if you want your residence or business investigated! Www.sepps.net
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Congratulations on your nursing school acceptance!

I am very sorry for your loss of both grand parents. It seems as if your grand father was indeed trying to convey a message, perhaps he was unable to cross all the way over until your grand mother joined him.

May they both be at peace together. From the sense I get from your story, they were both very extraordinary people!

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Dear melissagrove2000,

You are welcome. Congratulations on graduating as a nurse and having a wonderful, healing career of 3 years and counting. Wishing you many more wonderful years to come in your career choice and in your life. Blessings, Abby
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Dear Abby,

Thanks for the comments. I am very happy to say that I at least passed nursing school and have been a nurse for 3 years and counting! Thanks again
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Dear melissagrove2000,

Sorry for your loss of your grandfather and grandmother. It does seem your grandfather did manage to come back in spirit to visit and help you and your family members. Love transcends death. Thanks for your story.--Abby

P.S. It certainly was rude of the nursing school to not accept you and then at the last minute turn around and accept you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: