You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Story Of My Life - Literally

Real Ghost Stories

Story Of My Life - Literally

 

I suppose I should start by supplying a bit about myself. Being only 20 years old, I completely understand why some of you won't even try to take me seriously and there's absolutely nothing I could say that would change your mind. For those of you who are willing to listen and give me a chance, I'd be incredibly grateful because I'm starting to wonder if what I've been dealing with is a little bit more than a playful ghost.

For most of our lives my brother and I lived with our grandmother, Ginger, at her house in Kelso, Washington. The house was built in 1900 and has 3 bedrooms, 2 of which are upstairs on the opposite side of the loft. The downstairs living room was poorly lit, though the house had a very open and bright kitchen with a backyard big enough for 3-4 little kids to run around and not have to worry about knocking each other over. Anyway, my grandma has always believed in ghosts and warned my brother and I about them all the time. She made certain we stayed far away from Oiuja boards because she was worried we'd get ourselves into trouble.

My father, who grew up in that same house, had so many stories of unexplained happenings. One such story takes place when he was a few years younger than me. He'd been in his room when he heard something that sounded like a kid running up the stairs. The house was creaky even then, so to keep yourself from being scared you memorized the different sounds the place made when different people were walking or running around the house.

Dad didn't think anything of it because his cousin Lil' Dave was staying over at the time. He sat in his room, waiting for his cousin to bang on the door and attempt to convince him to go play, but the noise never came. Getting impatient, he opened the door and was shocked to see no one there. Decided his cousin probably intended to scare him, he went into the other upstairs bedroom, but discovered Dave wasn't there either. Dad went back to his room, and no sooner had he shut the door then he heard what he said sounded like chains rattling on the other side. My father does not believe in ghosts and so opened the door, believing it to be the chain hanging on the doorframe. When he looked to the right, he remembered the chain had been taken off because he himself had locked his sister in the room multiple times.

Why'd I tell you that story? Because approximately 8 years later a picture taken of my little brother standing in front of the house revealed a young boy next to him in a cloth diaper with chains and shackles hanging off his wrist and ankles.

My mom, who'd taken the picture, asked grandma what to do and grandma insisted on burning it - she believed it would keep my brother safe. Because of that, my little brother was watched constantly for fear of something terrible happening to him - and so I wasn't watched at all.

I've always been the girl who knew things before they ever came to pass - little things, such as the phone ringing before it ever did or answering my brother's question before he ever even came home from school to ask it, to knowing the time and date of my grandmother's death. So when I began sleeping upstairs in my grandparents' room on the floor, I believed the adults I saw walking in and out of the room were merely a picture from something that hadn't happened yet. My grandma thought I was just waking in the middle of the night and so thought nothing of it, until I started talking to them - and the way I carried on it was apparent they answered back. My mother asked her if I was talking to myself in my sleep, but when grandma took a picture one night and the room was flooded with orbs of some sort she never questioned grandma again. I myself have no memory of the photo or the conversations, but they scared my grandma enough that she no longer let me sleep in the room, forcing me to stay in the loft.

Eventually, my grandma became too frail to walk up and down the stairs and so slept in the downstairs bedroom, while my grandpa continued to sleep upstairs. While sleeping in the loft I soon forgot about the adults in the room due to waking up at 3:00 every morning. I'd stay up until about 4:15 and then I'd fall back to sleep, never knowing what woke me up. It was during one of those time I decided to get up and sleep in grandpa's room because I was frightened, but when I looked in there was a shadow at the end of his bed. I thought it was a trick of the light until it turned to me and all I could focus on were the bright red eyes that refused to let me go.

I don't remember the rest of that night, but I do remember that I started seeing strange things everywhere. A horrible car accident that no one else notices, or a man being hit by a car while riding his bike with no one paying the slightest attention. Occasionally I'd notice someone else would see it too, but they never appeared as shocked as I was - but that was because they'd be seeing it for much longer.

My grandfather got very sick and moved out soon after, and grandma decided it was safe enough for me to take his bedroom. By that point I'd forgotten about the shadow and woke up in the middle of the night like I always did. I pushed myself up to get out of bed and get some water when I noticed a girl my age sitting at the edge of the bed and facing away from me. I'd become accustomed to seeing ghosts at that point and so asked who she was. She never answered, so I got up to get some water anyway and saw her face on the way. I don't remember any of her features, but I did remember the red eyes I'd seen so long ago. I closed my eyes and begged her to go away because I didn't know what else to do, and when I opened my eyes she was gone.

My mom and dad got a trailer and my brother and I finally moved in with them and I was excited to no longer stay at that house, yet I discovered it no longer mattered. The seemingly harmless ghosts that I'd already seen were replaced by dark masses that rarely had a defined shape but always made me feel cold and angry. My parents grew worried and so we moved again, but they never left.

My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and so we began visiting her again. On one such occasion she began talking of the ghosts in her house. She said to not worry because they wouldn't hurt you but I told her she was wrong. No sooner had I said it then the sliding door that led upstairs went flying open, the coat stand that was held in place by a block of cement tipped over and knocked the lamp by my grandma over, which hit her in the head. The front door we were all sitting next to slammed open and the screen behind it flipped open so hard it hit wall. We never talked about ghosts again, because my grandma no longer believed that was all it was.

My grandma is gone now and my parents are divorced. My mom, brother and I all live in an apartment in downtown Longview, Washington and I'm still visited by that girl - though she isn't the one that worries me. She's never touched me and a few years ago I decided she couldn't. But in the last few years there's been something else and it CAN.

It first appeared when I was at an open mic night getting ready to perform. I was sitting in the front row of the auditorium waiting for my turn, when there was a cold breeze that hit the back of my shoulders. There are 4 doors to the auditorium, but all of them are horribly noisy no matter how carefully you shut them - and none of them led outside, which is the only way a breeze THAT cold could have come in. I looked behind me to see if there was someone there but there wasn't, and a few moments after I turned around the girl next to me ended up sitting in the next row because a chunk of hair on the back of my neck was lifted up and moved over my shoulder.

I've been out of high school for almost 2 years and things have only gotten worse. I'm always cold and there are days that I don't remember anything. That probably sounds like a typical young adult but I DO NOT party. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a prude, and the idea of drug use and alcohol honestly scares me.

There are a lot of other instances but I don't want to sound any more foolish than I already do. I know this site is for stories, but my life has become one big ghost story, with a hundred little ones woven within. It's stupid, but I'm scared and I want to figure out what is going on and how do I fix it. I don't know if it's real but even my dad has noticed strange things happen around me, like things sliding across the table and smashing into a wall.

My friends who worry they live in a haunted house refuse to have me over because the last time I went somewhere that was haunted things only got worse the entire time I stayed. I'm scared and I found this site because it was recommended by a friend. She said there were people that have dealt with this before on here or might know someone who has and can help me.

You can decide it's fake and that's fine, but if there's anyone who's experienced this or something even CLOSE to this then please. I'll post more stories, but I think it's important to get this whole "back story" out of the way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miss_Nia-Marie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
roseinbloom,
Dmcal's comments have been removed from this thread. I know it makes the comment I made look weird now, but it's better than having to go through the page long comments by dmcal that do nothing but preach. I'm sorry, but that's just not allowed here.

Jav
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Hey, did I miss something? Jav, who is dmcal? I have just returned to this site, after several months. Can anyone catch me up? I don't even see a response from a dmcal.? 😕 😕 😕
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
I didn't mean to "back-peddle" so much as I had replied to the comments while I was still scared, and didn't really think about how it really wasn't that drastically different from what I've experianced before. I think it was more looking back I realized I'd panicked and not really thought about the feel around the apartment before I'd even started the shielding/cleansing.

And who're Chip and Ryan?

Anyway, since things were pretty normal today I started the cleansing thing again and I have to say I just FELT better after that. That could just be because I finally had something to do about everything and I got at least a bit of it complete:)
maes (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
In my culture, it is believed that something followed you home when you left someones house that has bad spirits. If when you left you said something along the lines of 'let's go home' it thinks you want it to go home with you. It is also believed that if you want to getty rid of it, move. Now I see you said you did, but the trick to that is, just leave, and on you're easy out, say you are just going to the store, school, etc... You can pack all your things and just non chalantly say you're going to so and so. Hope this kind of helps. Also, if your spirit is weak and vulnerable, you are easier to get to, as so they say. Also, in our culture, Hmong, by the way since I forgot to mention, if you see things, you are supposed to become a shaman. The only way to get out, go to church. Now you can't just go. You have to believe. One thing I have learned, have faith! Have faith that our good will help you! Ask him to help you in those times and maybe things won't change right away but he is testing you to see if you really have faith inn him.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
[at] Pjod,
I wanted so much to steal one of your lines. To advise author to call Chip and Ryan. This sounds like its right up their alley.

Jav
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
I noticed a little back peddling- so to speak, as if you may have "over done it", describing the events that took place during your shielding/cleansing.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Hi Miss Nia_Marie, I hope that you try the cleansing again plus take your priest up on his offer asi do think you may need spiritual help. I agree with Phil44 that you may be a medium and that you may need a mediums help to try to manage your gift. Once you have been trained in how to use your gift you may find that it gets better as at the moment the spirits are all trying to get your attention and use you as a battery and if you have no defences this could be why you are feeling drained. I am no expert and will not pretend I know all the answers but I will keep checking back because sometimes knowing someone is out there who will listen can make it seem bearable. Please don't give up trying I do believe things will get better. Gizzy
Phill44 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
All I can say your very gifted and open minded your experiences sound a lot like that of a phsycics (medium), you may be one and not know it, I think you should book an appointment with a phsycic and see what they think?, also the ghosts you saw sound almost like a haunting just do what you did when you saw the girl in your bedroom and you should be alright:)
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
It might have just been chance, since there ARE days that are worse than others and something like that this has occured before - I think I was just freaked out because I was trying that method right before it started.

I might have jumped to conclusions saying it happened because of the cleansing, but I didn't exaggerate what happened. Truthfully, it's not really all that different from what's happened before - doors flying open/shut, things breaking, and playing with my hair... Just rougher. I'm going to try again tomorrow and I sent an email to WSPIR and am waiting for them to get back to me. Thanks so much to all of you for the help.

I'm thinking of starting a weekly blog type thing to document everything and hopefully some new information with come along because of it. Thanks guys, so very much.:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Miss_Nia-Marie,
If all this is true, and you haven't exaggerated at all, then we have come to a point where I can no longer advise you. I am not a demonologist, and I am not saying you are plagued by a demon, BUT I don't go any further on the basis of what you are claiming to have occurred. The method you were offered does not produce the phenomenon you have described. It is specifically set up as a passive solution. It does cause the negative effects in the narrative you have laid out.
I'll let someone else take this one if they so choose. Sorry, but that's all I have to offer.
Good luck and I hope you find peace.

Jav
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Umm... I'm not too sure about the cleansing method. I started it today and all the lights in my apartment shattered and all the windows/doors (including closets) slammed shut and my blinds closed. I opened everything back up and tried again after I calmed down and my hair was yanked really hard until I fell back...

I'm going to assume that's not supposed to happen, so what do I do now? Because weird stuff has been happening all day, like I've picked moved my car keys from my necklace rack at least 4 times and that weird shadow with the freaky eyes is CONSTANTLY here now so... Any other suggestions?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Miss_Nia-Marie,
I agree with you. However, before anyone else comes by with another doom and gloom prediction of demonic origin, it is important to remember that demons are the rarity, not the other way around. There are people who come to this site that think it's their lot in life to spread fear in order to bring you into the fold. In my opinion, frightening people is not the best way to get them into church. But that's just me.
I am of the opinion that some folks are just jerks in life. When they pass on, and refuse to cross over, for fear of retribution or guilt, they remain jerks in the afterlife as well. These guys get a lot of attention because they are just plain mean. They will fight to stay if they think it will frighten you enough to keep you from seeking help. They aren't quite sure of their ability to fight off attempts to remove them, so they get worse when they realize you are considering it. All that says to me is they are weak. The house cleansing and shielding method is something they are not even aware is taking place until it's too late. Once you sweep the baddies away, you then shield against their return. Less fuss. And if you renew it regularly you can keep those little creeps away for good. 😊

Jav ❤
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Jav: Can accounts be deleted? If yes, then you know what I am talking about. As far as Nia Marie's experience goes, - The cleansing method is effective
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
[at] dmcal,
It is against the stated guidelines of this site to do this, and you know it. You have been warned repeatedly, yet you continue. Honestly, I don't understand why you even come here other than to undo any good work that others are trying to do. If that is the case, you are the demon. So please just move on. You are breaking rules you had agreed not to break when you signed up to be a member. You made an agreement not to do go around preaching to others and by doing so you are showing others that you are a person who cannot be trusted to keep their word.

Jav
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Yes, he knows. He said it may have been because they're feeling threatened are are trying to scare me out of going for help - especially from God. I think he might be right, too.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
[at] Miss_Nia-Marie,
I am a firm believer in paying attention to those 'gut feelings'. Any time I have gone against that feeling, I have regretted it. I do not have an opinion for or against having a priest over. However, your words seem to uplift when speaking of your Pastor making some calls on your behalf. That is very indicative of where your trust lies. Is he aware of how the activity got worse once you began attending church?

\Jav
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
[at] Javelina THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm going to start tomorrow (since It's kind of midnight right now and obviously not sunny lol) and pray things go well! Thank you again! Also a little update - I'd told my pastor about the goings-on and he said he'd make a few phone calls. Not too long ago I got a phone call from a priest who said he'd love to stop by if I was willing. I'm not so sure because, like I said, when I started going to church things almost go worse and I don't want things to get even MORE messed up by bringing him here. What do you guys think?

Also [at] aussiedaz I DID actually suffer a somewhat tramatic event - my neighbor shot himself while I was over hanging out with his kids. That also happened when I was a really little girl at my friend's house right across the street from my grandma's. Thank you for the link! Thanks EVERYONE so much!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
It sounds to me like you have a couple of things going on here...1, your home is ghostly inhabited no doubt about that and according to your grandmother up until a certain point they was friendly ones at that, I'm wondering based on your circumstances 3am wake up's and blackouts for periods of time? If somehow you are perplexing a poltergeist? Just thought I would offer that for you to consider, here is one of many links that explains how it works, have a think about and let us know what you think, have you ever suffered from depression or had some traumatic experience's negative feelings and thoughts will attract such energies!...http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Poltergeist-Activity.htm
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Miss_Nia-Marie,
Since rook (a senior member) is not on tonight I am going to post up his "Home cleansing and Shielding" method for you to use. From the sound of it, you need help now, not two months from now. I was struck by the tone of your writing, You sound utterly exhausted by all of this. I am so sorry you have had to suffer for such a long time, no one deserves to go through what you have been experiencing. The remedy I am posting for you has been used by many of the members on this site, with positive results. It is the best place to start.
If you need to talk, I'll be here for the next few hours, and I'm willing to listen. I feel so bad for your situation, having it go on for so long. I'll be sending good thoughts your way as well.

Thank you for sharing, and welcome to YGS.

Jav

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

This should only effect negative/malevolent energies/spirits/entities and any Beneficial or Benevolent energies/spirits/entities should be 'left alone'.

Please keep us updated.

❤ ❤
Miss_Nia-Marie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Thank you both, so very much! [at] Lilady4 I actually started believing in God about a year and a half ago but since then it's almost gotten worse - they're more obvious and a little more destructive. And [at] crf1997 I tried a couple different numbers to try and talk to someone about help but they said it would take quite a few months before they had some time to get back to me. They recommended I maybe try and remember if I did something to let them in, that way when we get started there will be something to go by.
I'm really thankful to both of you for believing, it means a lot.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Miss_Nia_Marie, it sounds like these Spirits are attached to you and are zapping your energy as well. I have only have had minor episodes of what you describe (feeling drained of energy, and wanting to committ suicide after only 4 days of living with those Spirits). It must be horrible for you. I think that you will probably need to seek professional help (not counselling [although that may also help], but mediums and Spiritual healers). May I ask if you believe in God? Because if you do, praying to God and His Angels can help you (not trying to turn you into a catholic or anything like that).

These Spirits seem to be attached to you. Feel free to email me (just click on my name and you should see my email address) if you need help.

I also want to say that yourghoststories is about sharing real ghost stories, not fictitious ones. People on this site will be able to help you.

I also want to say, well done for not wanting to get on alcohol and drugs, don't let these Spirits win!

I believe wholeheartedly in this story because I have been through similar.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Call a medium and paranormal investigators. If you call a medium, the medium can talk to the spirits and see what they want. They're obviously attached to you now, and they need to leave.
But this was a really intersting story, and I take you seriously 100%.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: