You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirit In The Hospital Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit In The Hospital Hallway

 

Ever been walking down the hospital corridors, for no reason you get a feeling someone's there that you can't see? Maybe you feel a unexpected soft breeze, was that the air conditioner or did something just walk by me?

It's enough to make a person turn around and look to see if someone is behind them. Is there a reson why the lighting in the hallways are so dim? Could it be to save energy or maybe the spirits draw off of the power? I never really thought about any of this until one evening it happened to me.

There wasn't anyone in the hallway with me, when I thought I felt someone or something near me. I turned around to my amazement I saw what appeared to be a shadow on the wall. It was about 4 or 5 feet tall. I just stood there staring at the wall, scared me. There wasn't anything around that could cast that shadow. Did I see what I thought I saw? After getting over the shock, I walked up to the end of the hall. Looking back the shadow was gone, but I saw a white mist right where I was standing before. I know it wasn't my imagination.

People die in the hospital every day, could it have been one of them? It's possible some spirits stay behind. I told my brother about this (he has a ghost hunting team). He said he runs into stuff like this all the time. It's just one of those personal experiences that I had. That was last time I had any experiences in the hospital hallway. But now when I go visit someone in the hospital I am always looking over my shoulder. I've heard that spirits do walk the streets with us, so could they also walk the hospital corridors? What is your opinion?

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

emehelper12 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I think you were right to think this is a spirit, people die in the Hospital every single day, so I think you may be pretty lucky to have experienced this! Thank you for sharing!
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Thanks everyone for the comments. Who knows what might be lurking around the corner! 😊
nursekath143 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
nice story but then I still don't have any experiences in the hospitals I am assigned in just like in your story... But I believe that everything happens because of it's purpose... There could be a reason behind it... So why not figure it out?... 😊
MissyKoneKo (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Nice story, and I also believe hospital have good and bad spirits, in 2007 my uncle was in the hospital for a week, and by the third night my mom and I spent the night with him to take care of him, around 3 to 4 am, we felt a really heavy air around us, like someone was there with us, and my mom being so scared, I started feeling like that too, but we never really understood what it was, We never saw anything tho, and then 2 days later my uncle passed away! I love him and miss him so much!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Yes definately! I believe Hopsitals are "hotspots" for spirit activity.
A few years ago I was waiting for an ex to come out of surgery and it was quite late so the hospital corridors were empty. I was waiting by his bed reading a magazine when I looked up to see a frail old lady bent over a walking frame slowly hobbling past the door. I thought it was stange that it was so late and she wasn't with a nurse or anyone so I got up and looked into the corridor and she had vanished! I told a nurse later on and she laughed and said it was just old Betty's ghost and she had been seen by many people!
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
I liked your story. Heck, I even liked the story responses written back to you, sharing thier hospital experiences. Which reminds me of the time my aunt was in the hospital, near death, with 3rd degree burns over 65 percent of her body. When she finally came around, (she was unconcious, most of the time), she asked us who the nurse was, that kept watch over her every night in her room, because she wanted us to thank her deligent care. When we inquiered, we were told that there was no such person or nurse assigned to stay in her room and watch her every night. Makes you think... 😕
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Yes, I am sure there are more ghosts in the hospital. 2 months ago I went to ER to see my mother in law. When I and my husband went in, we saw 2 people went out crying. We found out later on 1 person got killed from a fight a few minutes ago and the 2 people just left are his family members. After we sat in the "room" (you know there is no rooms in ER, just a curtain) for a while, we felt bored. My sister in law and I stood outside my mother in law's "ROOM"", all of a sudden, a cart right in front of us started to move by itself for over 3 feet. We were all shocked and laughed since I said:"A ghost is here!". The floor in the ER is flat, how can it happen?
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
I think it is not only possible but probable that spirits stay behind in hospitals. I have spent a good part of my career in health care. I once worked out of an office that was located at the end of a barely-used hallway on the top floor of a very old hospital. You had to walk past about 12 patient rooms to get to the office, which was located in a former sunporch. I constantly heard footsteps in the corridors at all times of the day (and the few times I worked at night or on weekends).

The room next to my office had a call light that would go on once in a while, totally freaking out the switchboard four floors below.

I never felt alone in that office. It was not especially scary. It just was.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
I believe you are right. I also feel that a hospital is one of the most haunted locations. So many stressful things happen in a hospital and a lot of negative things In N.Y. WereI used to live in theU.S. They say that Belview Hospital is haunted. Thank Yu for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
princess2 - short and sweet, yes I do believe they walk the halls of hospitals. I think some of them are there to welcome their loved ones home; others are there to join in the celebration of the birth of their newest family member. Still others have different reasons for being there. It could be that they worked there or died there. Lots of different scenarios.

Here's a couple of link to one of my favorite stories, if you're interested in reading someone else's experience: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10311.

This past November, I was with my daughter at the ER. My daughter's room was next to the doors with the alarm on them. When the nurse came in to attend to her, the doors started blaring. The nurse excused himself and he, along with several others, ran out of the rooms to see what had happened. Where I was standing, I was able to see that no one had gone down the hallway, but thought maybe someone from the other side had pushed the doors and set off the alarm. Anyway, a few seconds later the nurse came back in, laughed and said, "The ghost must have set the alarms off again." I laughed and asked what happened and he said the only way those doors can go off is if someone on "this side" opens them. Apparently they had gone off twice since my daughter and I had gotten there and once the night before. And never anyone around 😉

Yeah, I believe 😊 Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: