You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Warning from my Mother

Real Ghost Stories

A Warning from my Mother

 

A year after my mother died, I had become very close to my thrill seeking friend Beth. We would go into this little patch of forest behind her house ALL the time, and every time we would go in, that night I would have a dream of that forest and my mother would be there, staring at me.

One night I was in my kitchen, cooking me some dinner because I had just gotten home from the woods, and then I felt like I was being watched. My mother had died in the room next to the kitchen, do to the fact she died of cancer. I felt stiff as stone for a moment and then right when I thought it was gone, I heard a whisper that sounded like "don't go..."

It sounded a lot like my mother but, do to the fact that at the time I still did not fully believe in ghosts, I shrugged it off and went to bed. But that night I had a dream of my mother and she told me something horrible was in the forest, and then she pointed her finger into the forest and I looked into it and saw what appeared to be a demon of sorts.

The next day I went back into the forest, not heading my mother's warning. That day we went into a long tunnel, where many people were supposedly killed back when it was first made (It's a man made tunnel... like a sewer system almost). Beth and I were sitting, chatting about what we had been doing since school started again when it began to get darker. It was almost pitch black and we kept a flashlight with us, because we wanted to see how long we could stay out. Then I heard what sounded a lot like children laughing... But I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me due to the fact that it was dark.

But when I looked at Beth she was staring into the dark tunnel. I didn't dare look into the tunnel, because I didn't want to know what she was seeing. But then we both got up, freaked out and then Beth said 'stay here' (I was on the edge of the tunnel, so technically I'm in it. The opposite point of the tunnel is the only way to get back to her house, and it's large enough to stand in and run through). So I felt like I was being watched in the horribly dark tunnel and I was standing as still as I could, like a deer in headlights. Beth had gone out of the tunnel, searching for the laughter. While she was gone, I heard footsteps behind me, as if someone was actually near me. Then a male whispered in my ear "don't turn around" and I was so startled, I turned around. But no one was there. I looked deeper into the tunnel and saw what seemed to be a white flash pass by. Then Beth came back in the tunnel and I told her and we both agreed that we should leave the tunnel.

We ran through the tunnel screaming our lungs out, and kept on running through the woods. But as we were leaving the tunnel, we both heard what seemed to be a woman screaming in pain. But we were both so freaked out we didn't stop until we got home.

That stopped me from ever going into the forest again at night, I still go during the day but now I feel like I'm being watched. That was two years ago, now I've had a lot more psychic events going on with me, and a lot of the times it'll first appear in dreams before happening in real life.

I know I'm not hallucinating anything though because she heard it too, and many of my friends have been with me when I actually saw some of the things I did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Des - well, we (Ohio) have tons of haunted tunnels it seems. I look on all the websites I can find to see if there are any close enough to me to visit LOL Haven't made it to one yet, but I will 😆
Des_b_97 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
miracles 51031, no it started with an H but not completely sure on the name.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
Des-b are you talking about Moonville Tunnel in McArthur (Vinton County)?
Des_b_97 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
What part of Ohio did you experience this in? I read something about a tunnel where men died and their ghosts supposedly haunts it and it's somewhere in Ohio.
Aries30 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
I really believe love ones can give you warning signs in your dreams. I have experienced the warning for years and I listen to them. Your mother will still do everything she can to protect you. If you can remember in your dreams ask more questions about your warnings. I know sometimes you have no clue dreams are warnings until you think it over. Do you have deja vu ever?
Lukerobinson (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
I'm sorry about your mother. My mother passed away about a little over two years ago. Sometimes my mother will turn my fiancés tv to a church channel. And it doesn't matter if we turn the tv off or walk out of our room for a minute, she still once in a while will turn my tv to a church channel.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
It was really crazy of you to go there even after your mother's warning. But I guess some people just need to have some good lessons before they actually learn what they should do and what not,, and you are one of those! I am pretty sure the psychic events in your life that you are currently experiencing are 100% related to your going to that scary forest, which does not sound like a very natural one to me. If you have any amount of sense left inside you, I would not request rather warn you not to venture into that forest ever again, no matter whether its day or night.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Do you think that guy was bad, he told you not to turn around for a reason right? Maybe it wanted to protect you from that woman. 😕
MattM (20 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
WTF! You went into that forest after having a dream like that!? You still go there during the day? Wow, I wouldn't even step foot in there ever again, especially if a demon was living in there, which is possible. Man, you're brave!
XoxMandy96Xox (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Im really sorry about your mom. As a matter a fact the same exact thing happened to me about 4 months ago. My mom died of cancer. But You are not hulucinating... The only thing I can really say about this is listen to your dreams since you know now that they will probaly come true. I would be greatful to have seen my mother in a dream. My mom talks to me threw my dreams... She asks me questions a lot in my dreams... But anyways. Just listen to your dreams and stay safe.

Godbless you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.

Obviously, there are 'things' in the foresst that your mother did warn you about. Perhaps the stories of the killings are not just stories. It has been my experience that even stories that have been sensationalized has some basis in fact.

I would pray that who ever is 'trapped' in the forrest would find peace. Please pray for them.

Your continuation of returning to the forest may just be challenging the entity there.

God Bless!
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Your story all makes sence. Of coarse, next time, you'll listen to your mother. ^^
Bie (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Dear Ary,

Really sorry to hear about your mother.

The Man's voice you must of heard and also the woman screaming in pain could result to this: The man must have killed the woman in the forest. And about the laughing children, they must have been playing in the forest when they got lost. And died. Or animals must have eaten them. Oh and you should have listened to your mother, even if you don't believe in ghosts.

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Bie
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Dear Ary,

My sympathies in regards to your mother. I am certain that she watches over you, as you obviously already know from this experience and other experiences you have had. I would say that this was but a lesson in your life. Sometimes, we need a wake up call or to have the scare of our lives in order to knock some sense (psychic and/or common sense) into us, myself included. Thank you for sharing your story.--Abby
Draculina (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Im sry to hear about your mother. That story is very intersting. Some sprits are friendly while others don't want to be bothered. I have a feeling that more happened in that tunnel then the men making it if you heard a woman scream.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: