You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ms. Brown's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Ms. Brown's Ghost

 

When I was around six-years-old, my parents bought a house in Northern Virginia from an older woman who had lived in the house with her sister for years. I remember they said her name was Ms. Brown. Her sister had passed away in the house, in the master bedroom, so she decided to sell the house and move into assisted living. It was a large rambler style home (two levels) with three bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs. My brother, my parents and I had rooms upstairs and my Granny, who moved in with us, had a bedroom downstairs.

Each of us had our own experiences while living there and I didn't learn about anyone else's until I was an adult. Here is a mix of stories about living in a haunted house with a ghost we refer to as Ms. Brown's Ghost.

A few weeks after moving in my mom went into the Master Bathroom and saw a pair of dentures and an old Bible sitting on the vanity that hadn't been there earlier that day. She asked my Grandmother if they were hers, which they weren't (my Grandmother had all her teeth). So my Mom threw them away and had no idea where they had come from. My Granny stated one day while she was home alone she was downstairs watching TV and heard what sounded like high heels clicking across the foyer and a woman's voice. My Granny thought my Mom had come home early from work so went upstairs to say "hello" and when she got upstairs and looked around she found no one was there.

I remember often I would be lying in bed trying to fall asleep and I would feel this presence in my room. I didn't know what it was but I could feel it getting closer to the bed. I started a ritual that when this happened I would pull the comforter up over my head, hold my breath and my teddy bear. I would feel something approach my bed and seemed like whatever it was just stood there looking down on me for what felt like minutes but I am sure were seconds and then the feeling would pass and I knew I was ok. My brother, many years later, told me of the same experience of feeling someone standing over his bed watching him but no one was there.

My Mom, who I later found out is a Channeler (someone who can communicate with spirits), realized we had a ghost in the house and stated she talked to Ms. Brown and told her that she was scaring her children and needed to move on. I never knew she did this until I was much older. I just remember that one day I didn't feel that presence ever again so I guess Ms. Brown left and I hope she found peace wherever she is.

Other hauntings by paigeinabook

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paigeinabook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ind_83 (55 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
wow, nice story, short but interesting 😊 May her soul rest in peace 😊
mysterPOO (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Ya, I hope her spirit is resting in peace now glad that you are free from it... 😊
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I found some information on exactly who this "Mr. Brown" person is here:

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGI5T0JGDc

In all seriousness- How did you find out she was a channeler? I've heard footsteps and conversations as well in the house that I reside in. I thought I was losing my mind until guests reported the same.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: