You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My New House For A Fresh Start 2

Real Ghost Stories

My New House For A Fresh Start 2

 

In the last part of my last story, I was talking about the bread being moved and the feeling of not being alone, just to sum it up.

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes when you shut a door, one or two throughout the house would shut too? Well, I had noticed that when you would open the front door, my master bedroom would shut. And I have to also mention I'm a little OCD about my doors through the house being shut at all times.

The first time I really noticed, I came home one night after playing softball. My girlfriend and her boy were at her mom's visiting, waiting on me to get home. I opened up the front door and heard two doors shut, which I automatically knew one was my bedroom but wasn't for sure why I heard the other. I shut the door and flipped on some lights and proceeded to search the house. My search came up empty, nothing to see but the feeling of being watched was a lot stronger, so I shook it off like usual and took a shower. I got out of the shower and came out of my room and started down the hall. I walked past my daughter's room and as I passed her door, it popped open. I stopped and turned around and saw that the door was open now. I kind of stood there just staring at it and then I heard my girlfriend come in so turned and walked to the living room.

As I stood there at the end of the hall that connects to the living room, my girlfriend asked what I was doing. I said nothing, told her I was fixing to go to bed, gave her a kiss and headed back to my bedroom. As I walked down the hall, I noticed my daughter's door was closed again. As I stood there looking at it, my girlfriend came down the hall with her little one and asked me what was wrong. I looked at her and said, "Nothing. I hope" and proceeded to bed.

Now just so you know, we have been living here for almost 3 to 4 months. That night I laid down and went to sleep before she came to bed. I'm not for sure what time it was, but I heard something that kind of woke me up. I listened for a while and and then I heard this crazy loud banging on my wall on the other side of my garage. I sat straight up in bed and as I did, my girlfriend woke up and asked me what was going on. I stood up and told her to grab the phone and get ready to call the cops because I think someone is in the garage.

I marched down the hall to the garage and, ready to kick the crap out of someone, I opened up the door to the garage and flipped on the light to find nothing, absolutely nothing. I shook my head and thought to myself was I dreaming. I headed back to my room, my girlfriend was still sitting there waiting on me. I laid down. She asked me what was going on. I told her I really wasn't for sure, and then no sooner than I shut my eyes there it was again. This time you actually heard stuff being moved around. So this time she got up with me and we both went to the garage, and yet again found nothing. We went back to bed and finally back to sleep.

I came home from work the next day to find out that my girlfriend didn't go to work due to Eli, her son, not getting any sleep. He said that the cowboy kept looking at him all night. I asked, "What cowboy?" He pointed to his window and said he looked at him through his window all night. Now the strange thing was that I had an 8 foot privacy fence that, even with me being athletic, I could barely get over it. I checked outside around the house and window but didn't reveal any footprints or any signs of someone being there. I came back in and sat down on the couch. I noticed that Eli wasn't playing or anything, just sitting on the couch. Now mind you, he is 3 so should be very active. Nope, not at all. The boy wouldn't get off the couch. He just sat there in his own world.

I got up and started down the hall to take a shower and clean up. That's when I noticed the pictures were all messed up (pictures>) | | | | | Now this is what the pictures were supposed to look like, all five straight up and down but they didn't. They looked like this/ / | \ \ (pictures).

I didn't think about it, I just fixed them. I took a shower and came back down the hall only to find that the pictures were moved again. I asked my girlfriend if she had been messing with me, she said no. I fixed them again and went to the living room.

We watched a little TV, put her son to bed then shortly later we got ready for bed. On our way down the hall, we noticed the pictures were turned again. We looked at each other and I just shook my head.

The next day I came home before her and decided I would try to just debunk some things, so I turned on the AC and guess what? Nothing. Not one pic moved. I did this several times, so I decided to slam some doors and still nothing. I decided that I was just going to have to live with the fact that I have something or someone else living with me in my house.

I picked up my daughter for the weekend. I get her every Friday night. We play and have a blast just getting to see each other. I get her ready for bed and kiss her goodnight and fast asleep she went. Next morning she just didn't act like herself, real quiet and just kind of kept to herself. So I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me and said the pirate kept her up all night and she couldn't go to sleep because he was scary. And Eli was his normal quiet self, sitting alone on the couch while she played in her room with her toys. Eli told me that the cowboy just sits there every night and watches him. So me, being concerned, I put tin foil up on the window to see if that would help. It seemed to calm him a little bit but only long enough for him to go get his toys to bring them to the living room.

My first encounter with the shadow wasn't just my first, but my best friend Jeremy's too. A figure moved from one room to another just like someone walking fast. We got up to investigate what we had saw. I walked to the Eli's room and looked around but found nothing. Jeremy looked at me and said, "Wow, you wasn't joking." I laughed and said, "Nope, not at all."

I walked out of the room and Jeremy looked at my daughter's room and knowing how I am with my doors, walked to it. "Did you leave this open?" he asked as he turned his head and looked at me. I told him no. He turned back to the door and as he did, the door shut. He made a few fast steps backwards and let out a few cuss words. I laughed again and headed to the door and yet again found nothing but toys and a empty room.

To be continued.

Other hauntings by Ihaveseen99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ihaveseen99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Calthrow (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
Thanks for the story. They both were good creepy tho. I think that putting some video stuff up might give you more to go on. So far no harm has come so that is good you may also think of staying a night in one of there rooms and see if you can see what it is. By the way a fence no matter the size only keeps a honest man honest. Not saying its a living person who would go peeping in a cowboy hat/ pirate hat it is odd I would see what was there before the house it may give you a clue what to do. Good luck and blessed be
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
Wow! This was so creepy! How long did the pirate and cowboy keep watching them? Also, did the tin foil help at all? I hope everything is all right now!

Lild0ggirl ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Ihaveseen99,
Thank you for they prompt reply. I was concerned this may have other connotations as well as a haunting. It just sounds so much like a prowler or wild animal in the area of the garage. I have read lately that there have been a rash of home invasions where they enter through a roof access point, or find extra sets of house keys in people's cars that are parked in their garages overnight, so I was getting a bad feeling. Sorry if I alarmed you in any way, I guess I'm still the over protective mother.
I am enjoying the read by the way. Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Ihaveseen99 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
I did not check outside with the garage when it happened because my garage wall is also my bedroom wall when this was happening it was so loud and we could hear things hitting the wall
The gate in the back yard I kept locked from inside the yard

And the door I had checked myself several times until it just got to the point that it didn't bother me and the windows I kept locked at all times with a screw in front of the latch so the kids could unlock it thanks for the questions I will try to be more precise
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Ihaveseen99,
I have read both parts of your experience and am wondering about a couple of minor incidents. I am hoping you can clear these up for me.
~ When you noticed your daughters bedroom door was open, the first time, you state that your girlfriend then entered the home. The same phenomenon that occurs when you enter the home seems to have repeated itself at that time. However, you never mention whether you physically entered your daughter's room that night to check for anything out of place or windows being securely shut and locked.
~ Next, you have the disturbance outside, in the garage. You found nothing out of place or odd in your two inspections of the garage. BUT, you do not mention whether you searched outside. The noise being so loud and so obviously coming from that direction, I would not feel safe without checking the perimeter myself. That's just me though...
~ An 8 foot privacy fence? Is this just around the back yard? Or does it extend to the sides of the house as well? And do the kids windows both look out onto the back yard? And lastly, you say it would be a difficult feat to scale that height, and to this I agree. However, is there not a gate that you can access the back yard through? Certainly you would have to have a way to get to and from the backyard other than through the house?
Ihaveseen99,
I have read both parts of your experience and am wondering about a couple of minor incidents. I am hoping you can clear these up for me.
~ When you noticed your daughters bedroom door was open, the first time, you state that your girlfriend then entered the home. The same phenomenon that occurs when you enter the home seems to have repeated itself at that time. However, you never mention whether you physically entered your daughter's room that night to check for anything out of place or windows being securely shut and locked.
~ Next, you have the disturbance outside, in the garage. You found nothing out of place or odd in your two inspections of the garage. BUT, you do not mention whether you searched outside. The noise being so loud and so obviously coming from that direction, I would not feel safe without checking the perimeter myself. That's just me though...
~ An 8 foot privacy fence? Is this just around the back yard? Or does it extend to the sides of the house as well? And do the kids windows both look out onto the back yard? And lastly, you say it would be a difficult feat to scale that height, and to this I agree. However, is there not a gate that you can access the back yard through? Certainly you would have to have a way to get to and from the backyard other than through the house?

Thank you for sharing. I'll be looking forward to your responses to the questions I have posed.

Jav
ghost-girl22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
I agree with ILee, why not set up a few cameras, maybe do an EVP, see what get?

Ghosty x
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
To make things interesting, maybe you can set up a camcorder facing the windows to see if you can capture what your kids see.

Can't wait to hear your next story!
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
wow really exciting story. You never wanted to learn about the house which you are staying right now? I mean to say about the house's past? Eagerly waiting for the next part of the story. 😊
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Nordic: I'd have to agree there. Perhaps when they bring up these spirits again -seperately ask them what colour it's hat is or about what it's wearing... And then you will know for sure that they are or aren't seeing the same entity.
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Well I don't think you're imagining things lol... Kids don't make that stuff up... They don't seem harmful but the kids seem to find them scary... Children are very sensitive to the other side and usually know when these spirits aren't nice...

Keep us posted. Interesting read:)
Nordic (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
[at] Minato -- Ihaveseen99 hasn't indicated the age of his daughter. However, it seems like she might be a little older than Eli. My guess would be that they see the same entity but that the little girl might be able to describe it better. Perhaps, at the age of three, Eli doesn't yet have the vocabulary to distinguish between a pirate and a cowboy. I would venture that the entity certainly wears a hat, hence Eli's reference to a "cowboy."
Minato (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Your gf's son saw a cowboy, and your daughter saw a pirate... Hmmm sounds interesting.

Thanks for the story... As always we would like to hear more from you:)
lissy86 (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Ihaveseen I was just wondering what was on your property before your home was built was there, was it another home or empty land? As that may give us all some clue as to what kind of spirit is causing the activity in and around your home

Lis
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Wow I mean wow! If that was happening to me, I would have run like a bat out of hell.

I really like the way you write, can't wait for the next story.

Hero

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: