You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Haunting Never To Forget

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting Never To Forget

 

Growing up in Los Angeles and loving shows such as Supernatural, Ghost Hunters, etc, and movies like Paranormal Activity, I always believed in ghosts. When I was really young, I had an imaginary friend whose name was Rose. No one else could see her but me, and I thought she was my imaginary friend.

Little did I know, when I got older, I found out she wasn't. She had disappeared to me after a while, so it seemed like she legitimately was an imaginary friend. I still saw her from time to time, just outside my room door, in my peripheral vision, etc. And she was always really nice to me and my family. There was never anything out of the ordinary except that I would see her sometimes. No one else saw her. Then again, no one else believed in ghosts. I looked up the history of my house and found out that a woman had committed suicide in my bedroom and her name was Rose.

As I got older, I would bring friends over to the my house. And if the ghost didn't like the friend, bad things would happen. At one point, I invited a friend over and the lights flickered on and off, the volume of the TV went super high before the power shut off altogether. When it came back on, we were upstairs in my room, playing cards. It was then that the computer went back on at random and had a document open, when I had had nothing open on my computer in the first place. On the document was nothing. It was completely empty. Then it went back off again. After she left, everything went back to normal.

Next door to us was a neighbor who legitimately believed the devil was in her house after her sister had died peacefully in her sleep. She would scream and bang pots around her house, yelling that there was a devil in her house. One day, the yelling and banging stopped abruptly.

Shortly after, I went to college. When I came back for the weekend, my dad wasn't home, but the front room was completely trashed. I didn't know why or how. It scared me, but I thought nothing of it, figuring it was my dad's doing. But after cleaning it up, I asked him about it when he got home. He said that it wasn't him and it was too big of a mess to have been done by my dog.

That weekend, I kept seeing a tall shadowy black figure standing by the front door of my house in my peripheral. I never saw it head-on, but I knew it was there. It instilled fear in me all the time. But it never did anything. Until I started bringing my best friend over. She asked if I had a ghost in my house and I replied that I did, but I didn't tell her about the scary black one, only the sweet old lady. And she asked if there was a darker shadowy one and I said yes. She saw it too. We decided to do an investigation of sorts on our own.

With my iPhone, we set it to record, put it down on the table in the living room and went to watch TV. About 20 minutes later, we came back, stopped the recording, and saw that some things on the table had been moved. It was 2:30 in the morning, so we were scared, because it was inching closer and closer to witching hour.

We then decided to go to Hyperion bridge because we felt like going to a place we knew was haunted. After passing over it and nothing happening, we sat in the car and listened to the recording. It said nothing, there was no static, no voice. But there was creaking, footsteps, tapping, shuffling, and our voices in the distance. There was no explanation for it. My dog was in my dad's room with the door closed, while my dad was asleep.

We came back around 3:30. When we opened the door, it was yanked open. Outside was chilly, maybe about 50 degrees. In Los Angeles, that's cold in a way it's not in any other part of the country. It's so dry that it pricks your skin. When we walked into the house, it was colder than it had ever been. Not to mention, it was hard to breathe. My friend and I looked at each other, quickly closed the door, and headed into the den. We were so freaked out and we didn't know what to do.

We started to do research after that and found out that it wasn't a ghost. No, he was a demon, and he was angry. So I talked to someone about it. I blessed my room so that I'd be safe from this demon or ghost or whatever it was. The only problem with that was that it expelled the friendly old lady ghost, leaving the house unprotected. I hadn't realized the old lady ghost was protecting me until after I had done this. No matter where I went in my house, I felt it following me. It fed off of my fear and my bad moods. It frequently changed my moods and made me depressed and upset all the time.

I was too scared to go anywhere but my bedroom. As soon as it hit nightfall, I stayed in my room. Some nights, however, I would open my eyes and, in my peripheral, I saw it standing there, or crouching, outside my room. I knew it was there. But it couldn't get in. My dad didn't believe in ghosts, so we had to bless the house when he was gone. This proved to be a difficult task. At one point, I decided to bless the bathrooms and the den so I had more safe places to go without fear. I ended up spending a lot of nights in the den because it was safe and I was too scared to run up the stairs to the safety of my own room.

Eventually, however, I had the entire house blessed and was told by a medium that there wasn't just one demon, no, there were many. And they were everywhere. I only thought I saw one because it was the only one that would manifest itself.

Now that it's all over, I can definitely say that I believe in ghosts and never won't. So when I watch TV shows or things like that with ghosts in them, I get chills because I know they're real. It's not just a story. It's personal.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissTay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
MissTay thanks for the amusing story of your demon infestation, I needed a good laugh after a long shift at work. I especially liked the line
"Eventually, however, I had the entire house blessed and was told by a medium that there wasn't just one demon, no, there were many. And they were everywhere."
I am glad you lived through the ordeal and no longer have this to deal with. 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
MissTay,
This sounds like a very frightening part of your life. I am happy to hear that you have been relieved of these 'visitors'.
You mentioned, briefly, your neighbor who was convinced she had demons as well.
"She would scream and bang pots around her house, yelling that there was a devil in her house. One day, the yelling and banging stopped abruptly"
What ever became of her? Did you ever find out why the banging suddenly stopped?

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Lol reminds me of my Dad. "Oh your watching Supernatural again?, Oh boy." I'm glad your free from the drama though. Thank you for sharing
MissTay (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
[at] dayala; It's really scary. It was one of the scariest things to date that I've witnessed.

[at] ind; Working on it, hah. Really hoping I never have another ghost/demon back in my house.

[at] myster; You're welcome! I'm also much more ghost-savvy now, haha, because of the experience, so that's something good that came out of it!

[at] Grimm; Yeah, I agree. Really happy that it's gone. I'm not scared in my house anymore.

[at] Miracles; Actually, no, he suggested my dad stay out of it, simply because he completely didn't believe in ghosts at all. And the fact that my dad didn't believe made it so that the demon/ghost didn't bother him. Well, maybe it did, but my dad has a thing of he has to see it to believe it, and he never did. Every time I hinted at it, my dad just laughed at me. He always makes fun of me for watching shows like Ghost Hunters. He really truly doesn't believe in it. And the medium thought it would hurt the blessing if my dad was involved.

[at] sds; You're welcome. Very scary. The worst part was not being able to breathe in my own house.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
MissTay that was one hell of an experience. I don't know how I would have reacted had I been in your place. Probably would have either gone mad or had an heart failure. In the end, if it had ended well, its good. Freaky and scary paranormal experience and thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
MissTay - thank you for replying to my first question. I'm sorry, but I have another. Did the medium suggest your dad participate in this? I've never heard of a situation like this, but I'm not claiming to have heard every type of "de-demonings"😕 (huh?) there are.

At the end of the day, I guess all that matters is you can again sleep peacefully.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
its sucks when you find out that you're being stalked by a relatively unseen predator, let alone several of them... Its a good thing that you had your house blessed, and got rid of them because who knows what might have happened if you hadn't.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Finally you did get to be in peace...
Hope you much more better now and of couse I do agree with that ghosts, paranormal stuff, etc are not just stories but they are real...
It only means to those who have gone through it and also those are really paranormal believers...
Thnks for sharing your story Tay,... ❤
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
that is a scary one. I might have had a heart attack if I were you. Anyways God bless you & you stay away from all demons & ghosts also 😊 ❤
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
This is really freaky! And I know how it feels to have that feeling of being watched 24/7. I'm glad your problem got resolved! 😁
MissTay (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
[at] Miracles; Well, just blessing my house did the trick. The medium helped me bless my house. But he knew before he blessed it that it was pissed I was trying to get rid of... Them? Haha. The main one was making the lights dim and flicker a lot and made the house even scarier to be in. But the medium blessed it around 3 pm, which is the opposite of witching hour, and now my house is fine.

[at] Eazy; Same here. The old lady ghost, I've seen head on. But the other one that manifested itself, I never saw head-on, but it was really scary. Couldn't see his face or anything.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
MissTay - how did you get rid of all of the demons in your home?
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Wow that's very scary! I have never told anyone this but I too see unexplainable things from the corner of my eyes. Especially in the dark I awake to seeing a white ghost I can never see it head on but only from the cranks of my eyes.:0

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: