You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Headless Horseman

Real Ghost Stories

The Headless Horseman

 

To start it off, I never actually got to see the apparition myself. My mother did. She told me the story recently.

Okay, now that we got that out of the way, the story starts out in a small town in Mexico. It's 3:00 am and my mom was walking home with her friends from this dance they were attending. Along the way my mom's heels of her heels break, so they all stop and sit down on a bench nearby to rest. (Take note this is all taking place in the mid 80's)

They stay there for a bit and talk about what a great time they had. They were laughing, having a good time when my mom notices out on the horizon she can see a group of horsemen that appeared to be Native Americans. To which she thought is weird because there is not known to be Native Americans in that town or in Mexico. Well, she thinks that's weird but doesn't give it a second thought. They start to walk home and my mom and her friends hear what sounds to be a bunch of horses and people shouting "yeay-yay".

They hear the buckling of the horses' feet and they start to run because they hear it getting closer. As they were crossing a bridge you need to get past to get home, they notice a man with no head with a cowboy hat on and medallions and jewels around his neck. It was scary because the man was dressed in like these black clothes, trench coat, and gloves. The freakiest thing was that the hat was floating where his head should be.

They all stopped in shock. Not being able to think, they just stand there. He signals his horse to do that thing where they buckle their front feet in the air and as it did that, his medallions blinded them for a bit and he disappeared with the Native Americans. Still in shock they ran home and locked themselves in a room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eazy-E, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silentBob (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Wow totally awesome dude, you have the coolest things happen to you and you're family. I would like to go to that town and see this horseman, then I would offer him a smoke and a glass off whiskey. Like to see him try to drink it. Way out man!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Let's see... 3am 'Check'...Bridge to Cross 'Check' Sound of Thundering Hooves getting closer 'check'.

Then you loose me... You state the description of the 'Headless' Cowboy to be this... "they notice a man with no head with a cowboy hat on and medallions and jewels around his neck."

He then causes his horse to rear up on it's hind legs... Everyone is blinded by his 'bling' and all the 'spirits' vanished in that 'flash'.

With all do respect my opinion on this, your 'Mothers Story', is just that...It's a STORY... Could someone please pass the Blankie?

Respectfully,

Rook
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
it seems your mom and her friends were caught in a fight between native americans and a cowboy! 😜 hehe

-dani

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: