You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mom, The Channeler

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom, The Channeler

 

My Mother is a Channeler and has always been able to speak to spirits since she was little. As a teenager I grew VERY interested in the paranormal and my Mom was aware of this so one day she decided to tell me about her gift. She has shared some stories of things that happened to her with me from years ago that I would like to share with you. Here is one of them.

My Mother was mainly raised by a Nanny whom she dearly loved. This Nanny knew of my Mom's "gift" and helped her to grow this gift of speaking to Spirits, Even when my Mother became an adult she had a close relationship with her former nanny who was like a second Mother to her. We will refer to this Nanny as Joyce & my mother as Gayle (not their real names).

Joyce was in her eighty and was in a nursing home. She was bedridden, very weak and not doing well. My Mom said she went to see her every week and knew it wouldn't be long until Joyce passed away. My Mother was at the dentist to have dental surgery and was getting ready to be put under when she heard Joyce's voice inside her head say "Gayle come to me". My Mother stated she sat straight up in the dental chair and apologized to the surprised Dentist and said she had to go. My Mom drove as fast as she could to the Nursing home to see Joyce. When she arrived the nurses said they were sorry but Joyce had passed away less then an hour ago. They then said to my Mom that the strangest thing happened before Joyce died; they said she sat straight up in bed and said "Gayle Come to me".

Other hauntings by paigeinabook

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paigeinabook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
similar thing happened to me too, My aunt (my dad's sister) was in India in a state of coma, in the hospital, she was suffering from cancer and I heard her voice when I was parking the car when I got back home from school. It was 3:30 pm here in the States and maybe it was night time in India, I heard it some hours before she passed away, maybe souls do travel to their loved ones. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
paigeinabook - there are many stories, a lot of them on YGS, about situations like your mom's, where a loved one can "hear" another and be miles away. Some of them even states away. I think it has a lot to do with love, as well as being gifted. But without that bond, sometimes the message isn't heard.

I enjoyed your story. Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: