You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Doorway

 

My first violent experience was in the back of the house I grew up in. I lost my grandmother at the age of 12. I went head long into a mass depressive state, and nosed dived into Satanism without doing any research. I wanted my grandmother back, and negating that I wanted to tear down the world around me. I know now it was wrong, I know I should have looked for a different way out, but at the time I was hurting and lost and just wanted it all to end.

Not but three weeks after my grandmothers death, I started to try opening "doors" and "pulling" things though. In all honesty I didn't need to try that hard. She already lived at my home.

Therefore, when my grandmother went "home", I started to look for another way to the other side. I got pretty dark for a while. Looking into and about things I had no business looking into. I came home one afternoon from school and looked around the house for my mother, but she wasn't anywhere to be found. I was walking into the "Hobby" room when I heard something shuffling around in my mothers bedroom, so I went to take a look, thinking it was her. I walked in and couldn't see her so thought maybe she was putting or pulling something under the bed. So I stepped in a little further, only to find no one there.

I shrugged, learning by now there were SEVERAL people there besides us, I turned to walk out the room and there she was. I couldn't see her face for her hair. It wasn't like in the horror movies were the hairs literally pulled over the face, it's just that her head was to far forward, and the room was to dark to see (though I doubt I would have been able to see her even if the lights were on and the shades not drawn.). I took a step back, because even then I had a "bubble" issue, but she stepped with me, keeping the distance between us the same. I walked around her in a circular motion and as I got to the door of the bedroom, she reached out as if to grab my arm, as if to keep me from leaving the room. Then disappeared. I turned and bolted.

I told my mom about it, but she told me she was harmless. That she died from suicide. That she was just lonely. I never saw her leave the Master Bedroom of the house. She wouldn't even go into the master bathroom, which was right next door to the Master bedroom and lead into the "hobby" room. Stopping at the door, she'd stand there, her head down, dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and button down over shirt. She was terrifying to me. Her anger radiated from her and filled the room until you could almost taste it. Her depression was overwhelming to the point, for me, that if I even went near the bedroom I felt like crying, or screaming.

The weeks passed into months and I would see her, but not go near her. I made excuses not to go into the room when asked, but with my mother, that didn't last that long. On afternoon she told me to go get something and that was the end of the conversation. She gave me the look, which meant do it or get beat. So I got up and took several deep breaths. I tried to force myself to walk calmly, but I could feel her the moment I went into the room. And depression went to anger as soon as I stepped over the threshold of the door. It was as if she was saying "HOW DARE YOU!" to me with the amount of pressure that was there. Then I felt it. It raked down my arm like white hot fire. I grabbed what I came for and bolted out of the room.

Reaching my mother I did something I would not have the courage to do again until I moved out and away form my mothers house. I looked her strait in the face and told her I wasn't going back into that room, I didn't care what she did. For the first time in years she stopped and looked at me, I mean really looked at me. She said I was ghost white and my eyes were as big as plates. Then she saw the blood. It wasn't but a scratch, but it was enough.

I stayed out and away from that room for the duration of my time at that house. The teen was always there afterwards, waiting for me. I didn't go near her, and if I EVER went into the "hobby" room, I had someone with me. This makes the top ten of the scariest things I've come across so far in my life, and I don't mean on the lower half of my list. I don't know if she was human even, but I know she didn't like me, or she wanted something from me I was NOT willing to give. I eventually got out of Sadism on my 15th birthday. Putting away and sealing all doors I opened in order to join my mother in the Catholic Church for about a year, with the help of a shamanic friend of mine.

Again, I don't need help with this one. I'm just sharing an experience with you.

Other hauntings by SilverBear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilverBear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
George,
No I didn't worship Satan. It's a little more complicated then that, and I'm sensitive as it is. Meaning that Spirits are drawn to me. They seek me for help sometimes. It's not something I can nessiceraly control. It's just something that happens.

As for the leaving the home. I was only 12 years of age when this happened and I didn't have a choice as to WERE we lived. It was not my choice. The fact that my mother was fasinated and wanted to 'explore' the house more just made things worse.

I've learned not to run from what scares me. Even though it's different or strange... Or see through... Dosent mean that it's bad. It may just need help, and we did have the house blessed SEVERAL times. It didn't do any good because of the fact that the spirits in the house were once human. A priest can only expel that that means us harm from an evil sorce. (a deamon or the like)

As for were you live. I have heard you have some beautiful land scapes. But in the south some employ the same tactics. People shone or turn their backs on what they don't understand or can't explain or don't think is 'right' or ' normal' And I can almost gareente you, I am considered nither. I'm a once devorced mother of two who see's those who have passed, amoung other things. I could, with certainty, say that you would not talk to me.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
at the beginning, you said you "dived into satanism".
Which means? You started to worship Satan?
Well if that was the case, then there is not wonder some spirit was behind you.

Anther thing is, how could you stay in a house knowing fully hell there is something abnormal? Didn't you try to get rid of it? Here in India, if a house s known to be haunted, nobody will stay there and religious people will call priests to evacuate the spirit ASAP.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
SilverBear: Thank you for clearing that up ๐Ÿ˜Š...I thought that's what it was, but figured I'd ask anyway ๐Ÿ˜†...
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Ms. Granny,
She was a teenager when she took her life. My mother know's her name from doing resurch on the house, but for the life of me, I can't remeber what that name is.

When I first saw her I was only 12 years old. Not quite a teenager yet. I am 23 years at the moment, though.

I hope this helps clear up the question.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
SilverBear: I'm a little confused about this statement: "The teen, (Who's name escapes me I'm sorry to say) Who commited suicide, she was older then me, 16 I think when she took her life."...

Are you saying that you are not yet 16?...Please clarify ๐Ÿ˜Š
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Oh okay. Thanks for making that clear ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hope to hear more stories from you.

-dani โค
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Sacul
Granny's right the "bubble issue" I refered to is a personal space issue.
Dayal
My mother did reasurch on the house when we started to talk to Mary, another little girl that lived in the house with us. Fortuantely the home had only passed through two family's sience being built so it was fairly easy to find it's history. She found the Little girl Mary, who died of asthma and phimonia, The teen, (Who's name escapes me I'm sorry to say) Who commited suicide, she was older then me, 16 I think when she took her life. Mary's grandmother, A scary woman in herself for sure. And the original owner and builder, a old Sailor Man, who just injoyed wandering the old parts of the house and watching us.

I promise to share more of my experiances.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Thanks, granny. I thought that may be it but was confused by the way the OP refereed to it. I'd certainly step away from something like that as well. ๐Ÿ˜จ
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
sacul: I'm not sure, but I believe the poster is talking about the "personal space" bubble...It's your own comfort zone, so when someone gets too close they've invaded your space...
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Very good and well written story- thank you for sharing that. I'm sure I missed something, though: what is the "bubble issue" you mentioned about? I don't understand what you mean. Please share some more from your top ten. It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

~S
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
I had a little trouble following the story.
But anyways my question is regarding to what you said about how your mother had seen the girl before.
Did she see her often? And how did she know what had happened to the girl? Hope to hear from you soon.

By the way I'm glad you chose not to keep following the path of satanism ๐Ÿ˜

-dani ๐Ÿ˜Š
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Thankyou for your responces, all of them, first off. I appreshate the imput that is given.

To Rook and Meracles, Yes,I'm an Empath, apparently a strong one from what my 'tutor' says, and getting stronger every day. I didn't realize at first what was going on, wich is why it scared me so much. You see it wasn't until my Grandmother (rest her soul) passed away that I started to experiance heavy stuff through my life.

I'm sinsitive to a great many things and am proud to say that I am now a harmless Wiccan/Shaman. So to speak ๐Ÿ˜.

I had no one to teach or guide me growing up and was litteraly shut away from the world until we moved to Gorgia after Katrina hit, We lived a block from the beach. Then I bolted to make a stable life of my own. It wasn't until I found a 'teacher' though that I understood I wasn't bi-polar, or crazy, Just different. And yes Rook. Your right on the religion choice. It was Satanism I was talking about. And the 'doors' I closed were not without help. (a silent thanks to those who did help.)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Its real scary experience. I could feel what your mother told about you regarding your face and eyes. But, please don't venture into paranormal without knowing the do's and don'ts. We cannot be a gateway to the evil spirits, which would eventually turn against us. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
SilverBear - I agree with Rook's assessment on you being an empath. I am also one and, unfortunately (and it sucks big time) the feelings I get from others are anger and sadness. They can be so overwhelming at times and hit me completely out of the blue. I've been caught off guard a dozen different times, ever since I've realized that I have this...gift.

I believe as emotional as a suicide is, if the spirit lingers, then the sadness, anger, hurt, betrayal, whatever other emotions they were feeling that drove them to commit that act, would still be tied to them. And I believe an empath would certainly be able to feel those emotions. Darn...that's a heavy burden for a child to carry without someone who recognizes and understands.

Do you ever experience anything like that now, or has it ceased since moving out?
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Hi Silverbear, that would of been pretty scary. I am sorry for your loss and can totally understand at such an age where all you want to do is just "bring them back"not knowing what the repercussions would be. I too lost my grandparents at a young age and didn't cope well either.

Just a question though: So your mother had seen this "girl" before you'd encountered it before and knew who she was?

Look forward to more stories:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
SilverBear,

I do not doubt this experience but I do have a question about something you said.

You start out by saying that after your Grandmother passed you ended up very depressed and turned to Satanism with-out doing any research... (Glad that's in your Past... ๐Ÿ˜) At the end of this experience you state that at the age of 15 (3 years after getting into it) you gave up Sadism... Which means...

Sadism: 1) great physical or mental cruelty 2) the gaining of pleasure from causing physical or mental pain to people or animals 3) the gaining of sexual gratification by causing physical or mental pain to other people, or the acts that produce such gratification.

While I understand it's a 'typo' and I know you meant Satanism. I felt the need to say something. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

My 'gut' tells me you are Empathic... Which means you can experience others 'feelings'. It also can mean that your own are overwhelming because they are being 'fed' from those around you. I state this because of what I'm going to say next...

Suicides can 'mark' an environment with strong emotions and if the individuals spirit did not move along it is 'trapped' in that spot with those 'overwhelming emotions' that 'drove' the individual to that 'point'. Was this spirit the same age as you were when she 'scratched' you? My gut tells me she didn't hate you so much as she didn't want you exposed to those emotions... That they might 'overwhelm' you and cause you to do as she had done. Again just my 'Gut Feeling' concerning your experience.

Respectfully,

Rook

PS: I'm happy you were able to close those 'open doors'. ๐Ÿ˜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: