You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Terrifying Tour

Real Ghost Stories

Terrifying Tour

 

I had just come back from vacation in the UK and have two really interesting stories to share. I'll tell the second one in another story.

Well to start it all off, me and a couple friends decided to go on vacation to the UK to get away from work and daily hardships. We decided to go and check out the most haunted places in the UK and came across this tunnel guide (I forgot the name of the tunnel, but its right at the tip of my brain) The tour guide was giving a tour of 20-30 people in these haunted underground chambers/vaults for 2-3 hours. It was a really interesting tour, and we learned a-lot of history! But towards the end of the tour, I hear a child whisper in my ear. I froze on the spot, it felt like really really weird. I felt sick and dizzy.

My friend (John) took me deeper into the vaults so I can get away from everyone. After I had felt better, I tried to find my way out, but got lost. At the end of one of the Vaults, I saw a disembodied figure walk toward us. When it vanished, it felt as if someone turned on an AC unit directly overhead. I didn't like the cold blast of air. It was so cold, that I felt like my hands were going to fall off. I smelt what smelt like cigarette smoke, and stale tobacco. It was also very very dark. I kept running into walls. John started to freak out. When I called to him, he started crying saying that a big shadow came up to him and pushed him. I don't know if he was making it up or not, but I believed him.

We ran into the closest room to stop and think about how to get out. When I calmed down a bit, I felt large hands close around my neck, and it was hard to breathe. John panicked and started swinging his fists at the air (he's really stupid) We walked out in the hallway to find the tour guide, who had been looking for us. We then walked out safely. This is my shortest story so far, but what happened is all indeed true. I'm still frightened to this day of dark hallways or tunnels. Thankfully, nothing followed us back. I will post my next experiance in the next story. Everyone have a fantastic day/night!

Other hauntings by 345assasin42

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 345assasin42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Hey! I really liked your story especially the part when you said John was stupid for swinging his fist in the air. That really made me laugh 😆 And thank god nothing followed you back home.

-ERizzy
345assasin42 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
Thanks for the support, and it was the tunnels that was once on a Ghost Adventures Episode if youv'e ever watched the show. We wanted to see what the buzz was about. But even though it was scary, we still had fun! Stay on the lookout for my newest story: Tales of the Haunted Hotel part 1! 😁
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Nice story...
Finally you two made it from whatever angry ghost it was... The ghost was really very fierce... Glad it not harm you both badly...
I do agree with Happyspirit's comments...
I felt very funny reading your story at the part when you was being strangled and John tried to chase the thing that that was hurting you by swinging his fist into air... That shows how scared and panicked he was not how stupid he was. Ha,ha,ha... 😆 Anyway thnks for sharing a great story... And this is going to my favourites... Do post your next story soon... 😊 ❤
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Great story! I don't know how you guys made it but I'm glad. I think I would of died there of terror (I'm terrify of the dark).

If you remember more details of this place and the name, please keep us posted!

Looney 😊
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
this story sounds very similar to an experience a friend of mine had at the edingborough (don't know if that's spelled right) vaults it would be interesting to know if it was the same place. 😊
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Quite a interesting story. There are many tunnels in the UK. If you remember the name please do let me know.

I hope you and John are alright though.

MEV x 😊
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Note to self: stay with tour guide on ghost tours.
Great story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: