You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Glass Of Milk

Real Ghost Stories

A Glass Of Milk

 

Before I start I'll give you the backstory and such.

In 2005 my family had a house fire in our basement. My room was in the basement. Luckily the night it happened I slept upstairs. We had no home for months and had to live in a camper in our driveway until our house was repaired. And I also lost my pet cats that I loved dearly. After living in a tiny camper for a 8 months our house was done. There had always been weird happenings but they were always minor. I will be sure to post more stories from me and my family. But I am posting this story first because it has always made me wonder the most.

Anyway after we had moved back into the house, my parents started fighting and the energy in the house got really bad. That's when my mother decided we should move out.

The event took place a few days before we would be leaving. My mother and sisters were gone shopping and I was at home with my dad. He was sitting on the couch watching TV. I was in the kitchen getting a glass of milk. I then returned to my room. (Which was now upstairs.) I placed the glass of milk on my bedside table, I was sitting on my bed just surfing the web. My father then called me into the living room. I left my room and I left shut the door behind me. After my father was done talking to me I walked back into my room.

That's when I noticed my door was wide open and there was an empty glass on the ground in the middle of the door way. The glass was completely empty and standing upright. When I looked at the bed side table the glass of milk was missing. That's when I knew that it was the same glass. The first thing I did was get on my hands and knees and feel around on the carpet making sure the glass didn't spill and roll to the door, when I couldn't find any evidence of that happening that's when I got scared.

I knew my sisters or mom couldn't have done it because they were gone. And I had just talked to my dad minutes ago. I really don't know what happened. I always knew that house was weird. But I never knew if it was spirts haunting it. Or maybe it was poltergeist actvity from me and my sisters because we had to deal with the stress and trauma from the house fire and our parents going through a divorce.

We now live in a different house and my parents decided to not divorce. There is a new family living in that house. And I often wonder if they have had any paranormal experiences.

If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to share them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KelseyKaulitz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Clouds123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-01)
I Am so sorry for your loss of your cats but I agree with MizMiMi02, I don't believe there was anything there to harm you but I believe that it was a present of one of your cats trying to get a glass of milk and by drinking your glass of milk they wanted to indicate that they were still there watching over you! Best wishes and I am sorry for the loss of your cats.
Anonymous2 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Some spirits are evil. They don't like to see others happy and for that reason they try to destroy the happiness in others life. So, maybe the spirit in your house was one such.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Great story! Maybe it was your lost kitty, coming back for one last lap of milk.:) Also wondering if maybe the energy from the house is what caused the tension between your parents? How soon after y'all left, did they decide to stay together? Just curious, but glad they kept the family together.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
Im Glad you thought of the Poltergeist activity this may very well have been exactly that, both of you having the right emotional triggers and your age would fit this.

What is strange is what happened to the milk, a physical liquid substance to completely dissapear is not heard of often, very strange indeed. You sure you didn't drink it yourself and forgot?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
What an interesting story! I've no idea what it could mean, strange indeed! Good Luck in your future!
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
Sounds like a glutton ghost!
Even I am also quite curious to know if the new family living in that house is also going through the same activities, or was it only you and your family who had experienced that!...I think you took the right decision of leaving that house, and hope now you and your family are living in peace in the new house. Take care... 😭
RainLilly (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Considering the amount of chaos and emotional distress that was taking place, I'm inclined to think this was a poltergeist event. I am happy for you that your parents stayed together and you moved to a new house. I'm curious to hear any future stories you choose to share.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Frist of all, Kelsey, I'm glad your parents have reconsidered staying together, and keeping the family together.
As for the glass of milk, I agree, that it was a really amazing experience. I for one, can not figure out how it could have happened. I don't blame you, for getting scared. I would've been too.
I'm so glad that your family no longer lives at this house. It may have been the reason for all the discord, and strange happenings that were occuring at the time. 😕 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: