You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadows In My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows In My Life

 

In my last story I told about the shadow of a man (possibly my dad) in my bedroom. I have recently been thinking of other experiences I have had throughout my life.

For as long as I can remember, I have been able to see/sense things that are around me and the people I'm with. When I was 5, I moved into a house with my parents, brother and sister. It was just a normal 3 bedroom council house in a quiet housing estate, but from the day we moved in, even at the age of 5, I knew there was something else there but to this day I don't know if it was ghosts or something else.

Things used to happen all the time, like noises in the night, things being moved (which me and my sister would get the blame for). One day not long after we moved in, my mum and I were taking some toys up to my room when I dropped one of them down the stairs. My mum told me, "Leave it. You can go back down to get it in a minute." I didn't need to. When I got to my room, my mum opened the walk-in cupboard where the toys went, and there in the box was the thing I had dropped just moments before.

Another time my sister and I were messing about in her room. It was past our bedtime and our parents came in to tell us to go to sleep, so we decided we were going to have a "sleepover" in my sister's room. In her room there was another walk-in cupboard that had a very stiff door that took a lot of strength to open, even my dad had trouble pulling the door open. Well, as it got later we decided we were going to try and go to sleep when we heard what we thought was either my mum or dad coming up the stairs. We looked through the door (the door was like a frosted glass so you could kind of see through it) and saw the shape of someone at the top of the stairs. It was then we realized it was neither parents. The person was too short to be our dad and too thin to be our mum. This scared us because the only other person in the house was our brother and he was only just a year old so obviously wasn't him. With that, we hid under the covers and started talking about what it was and the next thing we heard a rustling noise coming from the cupboard and the door swung open. Needless to say we didn't sleep in that room again after that.

Things went quiet after this until I was about 15-16 and that was when I started seeing the person on the stairs again and shadows walking past the glass doors.

I'm interested to know what/who these shadows/people are and why they show themselves to me. I have many more experiences to share but for now, thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by teenagewitch21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teenagewitch21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Kids have the ability to see more than we would. If you child feels safe with a particular spirit than it means it's okay. If she is scared then they is something bad in your house.

As for shadow people, they are part of the paranormal world that we are still trying to figure out. I have always been told that these are spirits that didn't have enough energy to full transform themselves and that's why we see them as shadows. As for if they are good or bad, it all depends on how we feel when they are around us. In your case, I believe that there are two entities; one being your father, who is protecting your family, and the second one being a bad entity. After reading your recent story, I think it's gaining strength (if it had the ability to throw your child's meds and also scare her). I suggest you poke this in the butt before it grows any stronger and get rid of it. There are many ways to do this; you can either do the cleansing yourself or have a religious figure from the faith you practice come in and do a cleansing and have him bless your residence in the process.
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
i have now seen this "thing" again and still got the same feeling from it. It was weird my daughter woke last night so I went to get her a drink and when I went back to the bedroom this shadow was standing next to her cot and she seemed to be talking to it, she didn't seem scared or fussed at all that he was there.
I really don't know what to do about it should I just leave it? Or should I be worried and try getting rid of it? 😕
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
If you're interested to know what shadow people are and why you see them, join the club. Nobody knows, but there are a lot of theories. I think the most interesting one is that they are trans-dimensional beings. They may even be us: people in a different reality. Some say we are trans-dimensional beings, we just aren't consciously aware of it. Maybe they are in another reality that we sometimes catch a glimpse of. Or, maybe it's actually different phenomena that get lumped together under the category "shadow people". I don't know and I both hope and fear I'll see them again someday.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Most likely it was just a playful spirit, not having enough energy to actually do anything impressive (as others have stated). I "see" them myself, often times right out in the open, as they looked in life. It's scarey at first, but I like to believe that negative thoughts bring negative actions. In my experience, if I encounter a particularly frightening energy, I ask it to leave me in peace. I simly tell it nicely but firmly, that it is not welcome in my home nor welcome to use me as a means of contact. Sounds simple and easy, but it works for me. I am also curious of the history of the house.
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
i do like to think that they are just ghosts that don't have enough energy to show themselves fully, but have also heard that they are evil and that does worry me as I have a young daughter and she seems to be seeing them as well. Sometimes she tells me its "grandad" but others she seems to be scared and won't even leave the room without me being with her. Does anybody have any ideas/ advice about what I can do?
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
whats the history behind that house? Did you inquire from the people who sold it to you?
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
There are several thoughts on what shadow people are, but the most likely theory I've heard is that shadow people are ghosts that don't have enough energy to fully materialize. The dark, shadow figure is all they can manage. It seems you have a gift for seeing spirits, although it can be a frustrating gift at times.
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
The happenings you've experienced definitely must have frightened you. I'd be scared too if I witnessed a shadow person moving around in my house.

About shadow people, to quote Wikipedia, they are "supernatural shadow-like humanoid figures that, according to believers, are seen flickering on walls and ceilings in the viewer's peripheral vision. They are often reported moving with quick, jerky movements, and quickly disintegrate into walls or mirrors. They are believed to be evil and aggressive in nature, although a few people consider them to be a form of guardian angel."

Shadow people have always existed, and they feed on fear. Some people have suggested that they can be repelled by thinking positively.

Your experiences were very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: