You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Grandma's Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Doppelganger

 

So in 2006, it was my senior year of high school and I had a very creepy experience involving my Grandma. At the time I was living with my Grandma, just me and her. I had only been living there for about 4 months and nothing supernatural happened before or since this experience in that house. However, I have had weird dreams involving that house and a particular room, but my story takes place in a different room of the house.

So the night before I was out late on a school night. I suppose I slept through my alarm, cause I woke up to my Grandma saying, "Get up, get up. You've got to get ready for school. Get up now." I was groggy and looked up and saw my Grandma in the doorway and I said, "Okay, I'm getting up. What time is it?" She said, "It's late. You're going to be late for school." So she left and it sounded like she went to her room.

I started getting ready for school and jumped in the shower really fast, got out and went into my Grandma's room. I was going to ask her something but she wasn't in there. So I looked for her and called out her name, but she was nowhere. I looked in the garage for her car and it wasn't there. I immediately got a very eerie feeling down my spine, but I assumed she went to work while I was in the shower. She was a pastor of an Assemblies of God church in town. So I called her to ask her if she went to work. She told me on the phone that she had been at work for the past 2 hours. I asked her if she had woken me up and she said no.

I got so scared I threw on my clothes and didn't finish getting ready, I just ran out the door and drove to school. I didn't come back until late that night. I told my Grandma and she said I must have been dreaming, which was not the case because I remember this clear as day and it was continuous, meaning I never woke up and never fell asleep after "she" had woken me up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deversine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
This is a delightfully odd experience. Stories involving Doppelg
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Seems like you had quite the little helper.:) Possibly the energy from your grandmother doing what she always did, thought you needed a little kick to get moving. I agree with Javelina about it being residual, pushy little residual wasn't it? Lol
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
deversine,
Welcome to YGS!
Your experience sounds like it may fit into the category of "Living Residual". It's the theory that if a residual haunting is just a recorded moment in time of either an event or a person that somehow, by an accident of nature, plays back either on a timely or random basis, what's to stop it from playing back before the person or event has expired from this realm?
It seems you may have witnessed a residual haunt long before it was expected to be witnessed. Very harmless. Just a small clip of video on early playback.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Omg I had an experience like that! I was at my aunt's house watching cartoon network in the living room and I saw her pass by to go downstairs. I didn't give it much thought but when I saw my aunt come out of her room to go to the kitchen I tripped balls.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Wow, great story, and quite strange too. What ever it was, I too, feel it was being helpful. 😁

Xristougenna, anyone who has a story to tell, may write a "true", story. Your family and friends stories can be added to this site by you.

We look forward to reading them. Deversine, if you have any other stories, we would all love to read them too! ❤ 😊
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
very interesting! I think Mandyy is right, whatever it was was just trying to help 😊

Thanks for sharing 😁

-dani ❤
xristougenna (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Hello I found this site just right now so I am non american, I have lot stories I haven't meet with any paranormal activity but I know some friends even relative who had something in their life, it should be problem if I write their story?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
What an odd experience! Sounds like whatever it was just wanted to be helpful, did you make it to school on time? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: