You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Little Ghost

 

My fiancé accepted a job offer in Dubai. We decided that I would stay in South-Africa with our 2 dogs Sally and Mike, during this time we also moved house and I had to stay with my sister and her family for 2 weeks before I could move into our new home with our 2 dogs. Our dogs were not allowed in my sister's house. They had to stay outside.

One afternoon I was taking a nap in my bedroom when Sally jumped onto the bed, being sleepy I remember thinking to myself that should my sister catch Sally in the house she would naturally be upset about it. I was between being awake and sleeping at that stage and did not care much; Sally climbed over me and off the other side of the bed and was now standing in front of me. I lied with my back to the door facing the wall, without opening my eyes I simply extended my hand to touch her head and run my hand down her ear like I always do, instead I felt long hair, then a small shoulder and a soft thin arm, like that of a child, a small hand then touched my arm and this woke me up, only to find that I was alone in my bedroom, I then thought maybe my brother came to visit with their little daughter of 6 years, but after investigating Sally was outside and my brother was also not there. This was a strange very realistic "dream"

My sister complained about their dog acting up, this was a black Chow-Chow, very friendly and loving dog. Apparently this dog all of a sudden started chewing her way out of their yard with such eagerness that her gums bled and she then climbed over a 6 feet wall to get out, they frequently had to go look for her and also had to take her to the vet at such occasions, it got so bad that they decided to have her checked out for a brain tumour because they could not explain her sudden strange behaviour. I told my sister about my strange dream a couple of days later and she went as white as a sheet holding her hand in front of her mouth in choc, she then told me this story.

One evening my sister's youngest son woke up and went to the kitchen for a drink, on his way back to his bedroom he passed through the dining room, the dining room windows overlooked the yard that was always lit, her son woke her up that evening and she had to calm him down with medication, he told her that he knew why their dog was so scared, he said that he saw a little girl with long hair standing beneath the trees in the back yard? Needless to say I got goose bumps all over and could not wait to move out into my own house. After I left my sister called a friend to clean the house of spirits, the dog never acted up again after the cleansing.

This was weird and thinking back on it always will be, don't know who this little girl was or what she wanted or why she suddenly came into our lives. We however had a sister that died at the age of 5, this was before I was born and my sister was 2 years old at the time, our sister died in June and this is also the same month that we had this experience 2011. My sister was also pregnant at this time (7 months) and lost the baby that same month, it was a girl. Maybe our sister came back to welcome her little cousin to the afterlife, we will never know, life is a mystery and will remain so.

Other hauntings by AngelaTurner001

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelaTurner001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+7
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
jamai: The choice is yours, and if I see your name in the heading of a story, I'll probably choose to not read it...What's the point in sharing a story if you don't have time or can't be bothered with having any manners and at least acknowledging those who took the time to read and comment?...

I probably won't get an answer to this since you can't be bothered, and that's fine...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Jamai - thank you for that explanation. That could also explain why she chose it also.

I'm not about to argue your reason for doing so, but I do have a question if you don't mind. You want your stories read, but what if there are no comments to indicate people read them? The comments are what let you know someone has read your story. Granted, some comments can be rude, sarcastic and even hurtful. But there are others that are just the opposite and make it worth the effort to write and submit your story.

Like I said, sometimes when people see "I won't participate," it just makes them, and I admit sometimes I am one of them, go on to another story. I'd hate to miss an awesome experience just because you chose not to participate in the discussions.

Again, thanks for offering that explanation.

This comment from jamai3 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

WondaStruck (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Wow your story! I would have been real scared to feel something like that thinking it was my dog. I was also wondering if you have anymore stories to tell? 😳
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
AngelaTurner - just a piece of advice. One of the first things most "veteran" members look for is the "will participate in discussions." When someone submits a story, but isn't willing to participate in the discussion, it does one of two things:

1. It discourages people from commenting because it is pointless most of the time if you aren't going to respond to comments or answer questions. I say most of the time because sometimes people tend to have fun with some stories without the author's input.

2. It makes some people assume the story to be made up and the oh-so-infamous BS Blankey is brought out.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of a doubt because there are some people who make the wrong choice by mistake. We'll see if I was wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: