You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scream

Real Ghost Stories

Scream

 

My story is of a night maybe 3 to 4 days after I had messed around with a Ouija board (I know it's not a toy and I didn't look at it as such nor did I mess with it like it was.) Okay so here is my story.

I should also mention before you read on that this took place in 2007 I believe.

So, I don't quite remember the date of this night but I do remember the time like it was just last night. It was about 12:00 am and I was just getting ready for bed as I had school the next morning. I owned a bunk bed and so I climbed to the top bunk. I liked it up there.

As I lay there trying to fall asleep, I began thinking of the day's events (I don't remember them now as they were passing thoughts). I glanced at the clock which read 12:31 am. So I closed my eyes to try and fall asleep again and that's when I heard someone at my door (it was locked), pounding and trying to get in. The door knob was being rattled as if whoever was on the other side was angry.

I heard what sounded like a man's voice on the other side and I didn't move an inch when it first happened. At first I thought it was my mother, drunk and wanting in. But something inside me told me not to move until it was over. So I stayed frozen as whoever it was tried to get in.

After I heard the man's voice, a gruff and growly grunt, I heard a young woman's voice scream in what seemed to be agony or fear. I listened to that scream for about five minutes before it stopped.

It was done and over with. Nothing after she screamed. It ended, so I got up out of bed flicked the lights on quickly and unlocked and opened my door and looked around. At the time it was 1:00 in the morning and no one was awake. The whole house was dark and quiet. It really creeped me out and I felt really scared, but I'd gone back into my room and fell asleep after a half hour finally.

The next day I had asked my parents if they where awake and if they had heard anything that night. They all told me they weren't awake and that no one heard anything.

Tell me your thoughts. Leave comments please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SauronzAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Wow that is creepy and scary. I am a grown man and that scares me. Check the history of that house.
SauronzAngel (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Sorry to respond so late, my laptop has been out of commission for a while. Nad this expirance here was indeed a one time thing. Ever since my boyfriend came to live with me nothing much has happened and nothing scary has happened scince. (he claims to "devour" the spirit or enrgy mostly negative) sorry for any spelling errors in this comment.
And... I want to agree with you all nad Rook as well.
Honestly before we had this house that this expirance occured in bad thigns happened in it what I don't know, and some times I wonder if most of it happened in or aroudn the room I have now.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
My sick thoughts on this twisted scenario: the woman saw you as herself about to be attacked by the "old man" as in the past, and just before he could go and harass yet another innocent individual taking his anger out on them, she came out of nowhere, screamed her scream he knows so well, sent him on a guilt trip stepping away from the door to commit his heinous crimes again. She seems like a ghost haunting him, just before he can commit evil, the thought of the evil he did to her comes back to haunt him over and over again... And that is how you haunt a ghost... His conscience turning against him... I feel sad for such dark souls... They are not only in the spirit world but in real life everywhere in abusive households...

This is freaking scary to think there'll be residual energy in each such house... So the abusive memories of others can haunt others... Gives a whole new meaning to "the walls have ears and eyes"... People should really stop abusing each other, because if it is residual energy then each new occupant to such a house would be driven nuts... Just to show if the people are REALLY ONE soul, they would abuse their fellow man each time they abuse their own family when these "residual memories" breaks off and sticks to walls in some houses... Scary!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
An important question to ask is, has this happened before or was it a one off experience? From here we can get a clearer understanding as to what it was that you experienced. Look forward to your feedback!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Maybe sleep paralysis because I have had that before and had the same sensation of "not moving" arised when I heard something talking to me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
MissEmoVampire - for future reference, Rook is a "he" not a she. 😉
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Maybe it was just your imagination but always listen to rook because she knows best. If anything else happens that is similiar please let us know

MEV x
acuteangles (4 stories) (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I, too, agree with rook and the other posters. This sounds residual in nature. It almost seems like an instance of domestic violence that is "replaying" itself. Theoretically, a death doesn't always have to occur for these extreme emotions and energies to become imprinted on the environment. These people may, in fact, still be alive. Something to consider if you decide to research your home's history. Thank you for sharing this with us. I enjoyed reading.

Good luck and happy hunting!
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Well written account. I have to agree with Rook, and would try to find out the history of the property.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I agree with Rook, I also think it was a residual and as such the spirits involved were most likely didn't know of you being present, even so it must have been so very scary for you!. A very creepy story Thank you so much for sharing
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Interesting that no one else heard anything when this happened. It could have been any number of things... A couple come readily to mind.

You actually had fallen asleep and had a very 'real' dream...

You are a sensitive and experienced a 'Residual Haunting'... This is an 'event' that was highly emotionally charged and recorded by the surrounding environment.

Did you, or anyone else do any research into the property to find out it's history?

Another question... Do you remember if the door rattling ended with the sound of it opening/crashing in? This would have been just before the woman screamed.

I do not think this was related to any use of the Oujia Board.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: