You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Visit

 

When I was about 7 me, my mom, and my sister were living in Portland Oregon. We had moved there from Utah right after my mom's divorce with my real dad. We lived (Like I mentioned before in my other story) in a really old area in a tiny old house.

I remember going through some weird stuff when I was that age. Really angry, and confused. My mom told me that I would have night terrors. I would wake up in the middle of the night bawling and having panic attacks. She would sit, come in, hold me while I sobbed and keep asking me over and over what was wrong. All I would do is cry and never answer her or tell her what was wrong, just cry and cry until I eventually fell asleep again. She said the next day she would ask me about it, and I would seem perfectly fine with no memory of it at all.

I remember I had a really good relationship with my real dad's Grandma so... She would be my great Grandma. She was still alive when my parents divorced and we moved to Portland. Right before my mom remarried I remember hearing that my Great Grandma had passed away. I was a little bit numb to it since I was so young, and overwhelmed with my mom getting married again, but I was so sad.

The day my mom got married was ok. Lot's of people, lot's of food... Good times lol when they left that night for their honeymoon I was heart broken. I felt like she was leaving me and I was so sad. I cried myself to sleep that night. I woke up later suddenly and looked up to see someone sitting on my bed next to me. It was my Grandma. She looked beautiful and peaceful. She looked down at me and smiled. I remember feeling really peaceful and fell right back to sleep. It is possible that I was dreaming but...

My whole life I have seen things good and bad. It felt so real. Just because people can see things our of the ordinary, does not mean they really have to be bad and scary. What do you think? Dreaming or did I see my Grandma that night?

Other hauntings by tayperk23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tayperk23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vantresa (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
It was your grandma coming to tell you everything would be alright. That was beautiful the way she came to you in your most needful time. 😁
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
I totally agree with RainLilly. You really saw your Grandma that night. As you were so close to her, she knew that what difficult phase you were going through. So that is why she came to you to give you comfort & peace. I really love your experience, wonderful experience. 😊
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I believe you really saw your grandmother. She probably knew how much emotional turmoil you were in that night and wanted to comfort you. It sounds like she succeeded.
Very sweet experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: