You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Why Is All This Happening?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is All This Happening?

 

So my story starts when I moved into a small town in Colorado. Ever since I was young I would feel things watching me, wind out of nowhere just pass by me, and noises. LOTS of noises. My parents have told me stories about when I was younger, they would see me talking to nothing! I even have memories of a little girl named Leslie. She was about 6-7 years old and had shoulder length curly brown hair. She was never mean or anything but she was always so sad. It made me feel bad so I tried my best to cheer her up. But I always thought she was just an imaginary friend. I grew out of her when I was about 8 (when I started going on play dates and such) but I always had the feeling that she was with me or just by me ALL the time. That stopped when I moved out of that house and moved into a new house in the same town (except the feeling that she was always with me).

There, I always feel watched. Even right now I do. And I always see things in the corner of my eyes. Just this morning when I was putting on my make up, I couldn't find my concealer. I left the room for just a SECOND and when I came back, it was right if front of my mirror. (I searched everywhere for it and I could not for my life find it.) I didn't really think anything of it. Then, when I opened my drawer to get a pair of jeans, I pulled out some pants and in the back was a nail polish bottle that I used about an hour before! That freaked me out enough to make me RUN down the stairs!

When I came home today, all the lights upstairs were on. Even the attic (the attic is on the ceiling). The door was cracked like someone had been up there. NO ONE goes up there by the way. So what the heck is going on?

One time, it was very very early in the morning, around 4:30 or so, I woke up because I was thirsty and went downstairs to get a drink. When I went back upstairs, the shower was on! I went to turn it off when I heard water turn on and the TV turn on downstairs so I turned off the shower and ran downstairs and saw all the lights on, TV on FULL blast, sink on, and my sister's toys playing over and over. I didn't know what to do! So I walked slowly to the living room and turned off the TV and everything else when I heard footsteps going up the stairs. I literally yelled out, "STOP IT RIGHT NOW! ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!" After that the footsteps stopped.

But I am so freaked out! What's going on?! Am I being haunted? Or is the house just haunted? Why can't these "ghosts" just leave me alone?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, powerof9forever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
vidya,
if you know how a piano works, you would realize that some critter inside the guts can make it sing.
It doesn't have to tap the ivory to make a sound. If your Dad was aware of some infestation, perhaps he was right about the critter theory.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who smelled BS while reading this. Another teen who needs attention. If I'm wrong and this story is real then I apologize. If I'm right and this is fictional than please don't submit another made up story. There are people on here who really need help and you are just wasting our time. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'm SOO tired of reading BS.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Granny if this girl really needs help and if it isn't all nonsense, then at least we can try and help, and if someone with a real issue like this can read this story even if it was first fiction, there will at least be helpful comments left even if the OP didn't need it.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
vidya: This site isn't for "fairy tales", or those who want to post them...
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
I had the "make up" and "cosmetics" thing happen to me too... LOL the make up bag was found and mysteriously got lost AGAIN... What's the reason behind the concealer? Look in the mirror, the only thing a ghost does NOT want you to see, is that you are Spirit (ghost) in FLESH as well... The physical is just an illusion, and as long as you think or believe that you are inferior to "ghosts or spirits" in general they will bug you and scare you, because they don't want you to see that you are "one of them too" just disguised (concealed) with flesh... The flesh will perish and your spirit is eternal, and would always remain... Meaning if you live in fear of your spirit or eternal supernatural nature, other spirits would pester you... It is a case of you starting to scare them and spook them as well, once you realize the Light within your soul that can disperse any darkness... The spirits who haunt in a malicious way don't like the Light, and as long as you are ignorant of your own body of light beneath the flesh, they would continue to harass you with the darkness... You realizing your true nature beneath the flesh is their greatest threat... Go angel on them, shine your Light glow... And they will get scared and bow down to you! Get your nails painted with holy light, take out your claws and be ready to "party" (battle) with the darkness... Saying "let's go, bring it on, I'll shine you to death with my pants of Light on"!

As for the other commenters here - please do not be so quick to shoot children and THEIR BELIEFS down, whether true or not it is on this child's conscience, and we should allow children to believe in fairytales, or else they'll end up believing in nothing at all, living dull spiritual lives devoid of magic. If they can BELIEVE in magic, they can Believe in God and the the spirit world.

For example: just today my little sister heard the piano play, running and screaming thinking it was a ghost, she's 8 years old, while all the while it was the tv, this was around 3 pm in the middle of the day... Unlike with me the real thing happened, I was 19 or so at the time it was 3 am in the morning while I was watching a movie on tv, and I heard the notes out of tune with the tv's music, at first I thought it was nothing until it got louder and more out of tune with the tv's sound, and that is when it came to me that it was distinct piano notes being played, and we have a piano in the other room next to the tv (living room)... I ran and screamed down the hall as stupid as it sounds for "my mother" (the first "safety" I could think of against the darkness LOL) and I woke the entire house up, my father said it was a cat or mouse that ran over the piano notes, but when I went to take a look at the piano, it was CLOSED, so there could have been no rat or cat that could have ran over the notes, I told my Father "if it is open I can believe it is a cat or mouse, and I might be crazy" BUT it was closed, where else could the sound have come from apart from the spirit reaching through the wood and messing with the notes... That was one of my second psychic experiences since childhood that really gave me a wake up call! To make me believe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
adsouza - and here I thought it was Peter Pan's shadow 😉. Done gone and got my fairy tales mixed up 😆
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
What you have in your house is an elf... No wonder he played with your sisters toys! Try catching him the next time... A good method to catch him is to get your old worn out shoes and leave them in the living room and announce out loud that you need them repaired so that you can sell them and make money. Then as per legend, this chap will show himself and start working on your shoes. This is the best time to catch him. Once you do, demand a hefty ransom from him and ask him to repair your shoes anyway. You will be rich and you will have new shoes!

Stop worrying so much and sleep well.
😁 😁
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
supernatservices,
What sounds like an "infestation" to you, sounds to me like a teen's imagination going a little bit wild. Too many horror flicks maybe? I didn't read anything in there that raises any "infestation" flag.

This comment from supernaturalservices is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I believe you have a ghost playing tricks on you. Probably a young one, looking for attention from you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
ducky butt - I'm not sure about your parents, but I know me and if it was 4:30 a.m. And the shower was on upstairs, my TV was up full blast, the sink was on, and my daughter literally literally yelled out, "STOP IT RIGHT NOW! ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!" I'd be right there.

Where were your parents? And, please, no parent sleeps through all that. Don't even go there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
ducky butt: I'm a bit confused... You said at the begining of your story that everything stopped when you moved out of the house where "LESLIE" was, except for "feeling that she was with" you... So how could the final incident have happened "once upon a time, very early in the morning" if all the activity had stopped?...

Nice try 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: