You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Blood's Point Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Blood's Point Nightmare

 

This story takes place on two separate nights. My best friend Mandy & I read about Blood's Point Road in Illinois online and we decided to go there at night and see if any of it was true.

It was said that there will be a car that will follow you as soon as you turn onto Blood's Point Road and pass the cemetery until you turn onto Sweeney Road. When we turned about 30 seconds after a car appeared behind us, headlights bright. It did follow us until we turned onto Sweeney Road. Nothing too dramatic happened on Sweeney Road. After Sweeney Road you turn back onto Blood's Point (it's basically going in a circle). It was said that there will be a black big rig truck that will follow you close until you turn off the road and pass the cemetery to leave. That happened as well.

I remember passing the cemetery to leave and looking back to see the big rig turn and the tail lights vanished in thin air.

The second night we went with her mom and her friend Nick after a concert we went to. Mandy and I didn't realize the story about the bridge on Blood's Point Road. It was said that if you stop on the bridge and put your car in neutral, your car will be pushed to safety on the other side of the bridge by children. Back in the day a school bus full of children ran off the bridge and the train down below hit the bus and killed all the children. When we got there it was Nick driving, Mandy was in the passenger seat, I was directly behind her in the backseat and her mom was next to me.

We drove slowly down the road listening and checking things out around us. We had passed the bridge without realizing. Nick started to back up the car straight and he was only going about 15mph. All of a sudden the car was pushed. It felt like we had just been hit by a big truck. Mine and Mandy's side of the car had been slammed into the guard rail on the bridge. My head snapped back and hit the car panel extremely hard. Mandy's face hit the passenger window and the last thing I saw was her turning her head, pulling her hands away from her face and saying, "I'm bleeding." I started fading in and out, trying to talk but I was slurring my words. I was drooling and shaking. We got off the road as soon as possible and back to Mandy's house.

I remember waking up and being pulled out of the car. I could hardly stand. Mandy's face had dried blood all down it. She hugged me. We all looked at Nick's car and cried. Mandy and I feel that us going there the night before had stirred up something in the spirit world of that road. Like we were antagonizing them to come prove to us that what was said on the internet was true because only our side of the car and us were harmed. I haven't been back to that road since that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Toriii93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pablo (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
The Paulding lights are an easy one to figure out if you have a map... There was a section of highway re-routed, and the clearing you are looking at the lights through is the old route the highway took... What you are seeing is car headlights traveling on the portion of highway that was not rerouted. The reason they change color is atmospheric refraction. The reason they happen every night around dark is because, well... They are car headlights. If you don't believe me, go there with a map and a pair of high power binoculars. As far as blood's point road, it has nothing to do with anything paranormal. It was named after William Blood who was a local farmer and teenagers have been fascinated with the cemetery, the story of the school children (which is FALSE and did NOT happen ANYWHERE near that area, it's a popular ghost story and repeats in many stories) as far as the "ghost truck" I HAVE seen this, but you need to think about the territory, it is hilly, you pass a road, then go over a hill. The truck has turned onto this road and you don't see it, because it's behind the hill. I live in that area and know it very well, and have also been to Paulding.
GreenGhost (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
It was freaking amazing! I really want to know about the Paulding Light! They never figured that out... It was a realllllyyy creepy episode! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
GreenGhost - I saw that same episode of Fact or Faked and it was amazing how they were able to prove that, wasn't it?
GreenGhost (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Ok... Sorry if I'm bursting anybodies bubble... But if you watch Fact or Faked:Paranormal Files, The whole "being-pushed-over-the-railroad-by-children thing" was proven WRONG! The LAND on either side of the railroad is slanted slightly UP and the ROAD is acctually slanted at a 1% GRADE (in other words... Its just going DOWNHILL!) Just the right amount to get enough momentum to get over the railroad tracks without using the gas. And that tragic event of children dying because a bus got stuck on a railroad and got hit by an oncoming train is a valid story... But that event did NOT occur in that particular area. It happened in a town about 200 miles away if I remember correctly. Sorry Toriii93 but that part of your story is invalid. And Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files is AWESOME!
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Seems scary but the cars could have been just something you thought you saw, as for being hit in the car were the others hurt? I am not trying to be rude but just does not add up.

Stay safe anyways! ❤
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
I was meaning not to post here because the OP is a teenager. But bluefoxx - As usual you cracked me up again! 😁
Rook, Miracles and HappySpirit are right. Does not look like 'paranormal'.
HappySpirit - We have a similar stretch of road here where the car seems to get drawn downwards and you have to really struggle to keep moving forward. Its a very small angle of incline that the road has, and it stretches for quite a distance. So by the end of it, you know that you have actually climbed a height without realizing it the first time. And yes, there are stories about how accidents have taken place there, and how the ghosts pull you down to their realm... HECK - even demons are supposed to be prowling the area!
😁
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Yes the other day I ran out of gas and I so lucky to be passing by the bridge where a group of bodybuilders had died by going into the creek. Their ghostly bodies pushed me 5 kilometers up the hill where I could then coast into town to the nearest bowser, boy am I lucky!
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
How many locations across the US have ghostly visitations from dead school children whose bus was hit at a train crossing and who now push cars to safety? I am counting 4 that I've heard of, including this one, all in different states. I'm with Rookydin on this one. Don't think this is about the paranormal but about expectation. One of the cautions when going ghost hunting is the power of expectation to take ordinary experience and transform it mentally into the paranormal. Our minds are very powerful.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Rook - I saw an episode of Fact or Faked that proved the optical illusion. Dalton and I were just discussing it last night because he was reading this story over my shoulder (I try to monitor them), and we were talking about having watched that episode. Anyway, I was just supporting your comment 😉
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Almost sounds like a couple episodes from "Supernatural"...

Well if you can find some stalwart folks with a set of video cameras- it'd go a long way towards ascertaining whether the car and big rig are in fact ghosties or just another set of nervous locals stalking whomever is coming by- or the inspiration for the series of horror movies: Wrong Turn.

I do find it strange that you made no mention of seeking medical care, nor of the after effects of getting rear ended- whiplash usually has some long lasting effects.
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
If that was true, I believe those ghosts just kicked your arse.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Things that make you go hummmmm...

The first part of this... The car/Big Rig following you sounds Urban Legendish... I offer a theory concerning that... What you experienced that first night was 'real'...the result of many people...100's possibly 1000's all thinking about those 'cars' following people like that. If enough people focus their thoughts on something there is a chance that a 'spirit/entity' will manifest in the 'expected manner' because of the attention it receives.

Having said that... It is rare that a location has two Urban Legends about it. The second on you mention seems based on one right here in my home State of Texas. In San Antonio there is a Rail Road crossing where 'Legend' has it a school bus full of children was struck by a train and to this day if you stop, put your car in neutral the spirits of the children will push your car over the tracks...It's true... It happens... Been there... DONE THAT. Guess what...it's an optical illusion... The road actually runs 'DOWNHILL' (proven by surveyors) just enough your car starts rolling and ends up with enough momentum that it is able to cross the tracks.

Having said that... I do not doubt you folks had an accident... I do not doubt you folks suffered minor injuries from the accident. I do doubt that it had any 'paranormal' reason for happening.

Respectfully,

Rook
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Did you and your friend go to the hospital that night or seek any medical care? You said you were "fading in and out " and your friend was bleeding from her face. What was the damage done to the car?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: