You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmother Spoke To Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmother Spoke To Grandfather

 

First of all, I must say that I love my grandmother a lot! As a kid, I was her favourite and was pampered to the core by her. She had some funny ways to deal with things and the memory of each instance makes me smile.

One such instance was when I was at my grand aunt's place in Goa, India for the summer holidays. The place is beautiful, situated between hills, and the old ancestral house is HUGE! The propery extends from the front courtyard, to a nice little kitchen garden at the back, and further down to a rice field.

Old houses tend to have old secrets and some great stories. I had heard a lot of them and even had my own little discovery of a small tunnel starting in the cellar and opening up at a nearby river bank. Exciting stuff.

During the holidays, after spending the day picking fruits, playing and having a lot of fun, I came back. I went looking for my grandmom and heard her calling out to me from the kitchen. So I headed towards the kitchen. Nearing the kitchen, I heard my grandmother speaking to someone, but it sounded like a one sided conversation. At least all I could hear was her voice. I smiled to myself and thought she was up to her kookoo stuff (I loved teasing her about it).

I entered the kitchen and saw her facing the door and talking to what sounded like my grandfather (From my grandmother's conversation). Obviously I did not understand what was going on and stood there staring. All I could make out was another shape in the kitchen and that too was rapidly fading away.

A moment later, my grandmother turned and smiled at me. Her smile was so comforting that I was back to normal. I asked her in the usual jest if she was up to her old timer behavior again, and if she was seeing things. She calmly replied saying that she was speaking to my grandfather (who passed away before I was born) and was talking about me. I thought she was pulling my leg, so I laughed it off. But then she said my grandfather had told her I had grazed my elbow while playing and may need antiseptic. Then I did not know how to react, and decided to shut up. She smiled and said that our loved ones watch over us even after moving on sometimes, and there is nothing to be scared or worried about. If what we encounter is trying to talk to us, then we should talk and find out what the issue is.

Years later, I have realised that speaking without fear actually gets the required effect. I sometimes wish she would come and talk to me, but maybe there are other plans.

Other hauntings by adsouza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adsouza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Really love the story from my heart, here I would like to point you the sold who don't want to leave the earth after death became ghost. And those soul who moved from the earth go to another plan (realm) as per their karma and they can see us all the time but cannot come back to us, you can contact them through meditation.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Hi, I think what your Grany said was true, that if we see something we must try and help them. My Father used to say the same thing and also that we see those spirits only who we can help.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Yeah...those hauntings don't happen anymore. It's all over. It used to be true about 15 years ago. But of late, I haven't heard of anything as such.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Hi I too am from Goa India and I also have heard about many real hauntings in Goa specially on the beaches of Goa where sadly many people have drowned in the sea off these beaches.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thanks Bliss! I grew up there, and I have some fond memories. I miss the place too, and make it a point to visit whenever I get the chance.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Amit, this is such a beautiful story, and so true about our loved ones still caring and looking after us after they have passed on. I am really missing Goa after reading this story and getting a little teary eyed remembering my carefree days there. Wish I could go back to that time.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
sanjeevgeorge-5,
Well, simply because you repeated what I had already said to you...you're right. But that just means you missed my point by a mile.

Jav
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Javelina
I know what I mean. And there is no point in arguing with an atheist. And I really have no fear
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
sanjeevgeorge,
You don't really think it matters. You are just strolling around posting caca. The fact that those comments are on pages that were written by your own countrymen is very revealing. So is the fear. I am sorry that you are so in fear of the spirit world. That can be worked on if you try. You don't need to walk around scared. Do you need some help with a bad guy spirit? That's what we try to do here, if we can. If you have been living with fear for a while, it may take a while to get past it. But you can! I'm rooting for you! You can do it! Just lift your chin in the air and stand up straight. Be confident. No hands in the pocket. Don't lean on things when you stand, it makes you seem like you may fall down fron fear. Speak in a normal tone, unless they get mouthy first. Show no fear in their presence, it hurts their feelings and they have a harder time showing themselves than we do seeing them. Maybe you should try complimenting them on their ability to manifest themselves, that would be a point in your favor. It shows you appreciate all the hard work. Maybe offer up a power source they can use to continue being visible to human eyes. They were once a living, breathing, person. Just like you. Be courteous to them, and I'll wager you will recieve the same in return. Most of the time anyway...

Good luck. I hope you are able to conquer your fears. Some people just need longer than others. We can't all be as wise as adsouza, but we can try.

Jav
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Yes Adsouza I think it does matter
Anyways, no offence intended towards you:-)
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
This made me tear up a little! Having your grandpa watch you even from beyond shows THAT is love! What is even sweeter is that he went and spoke to her and she listened, this really is a great inspiration!

Stay Safe! ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
adsouza I loved this! Have to agree with Miracles about how your grandmother handled it too 😊 A very wise woman you had in your her ❤
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Thanks Deane! I did have a very 'interesting' childhood! LOL!
There are memories that are absolutely HILARIOUS! Will share a few some other time.
But thanks for reading and the great comment!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
adsouza,
This is so sweet! I love your grandmom's attitude. My mother would do the same thing. It just got confusing sometimes when I would think she was speaking to me, and then realize she was not. I could either be in trouble for being nosey or not listening... But funny in the sorting out of it afterward. 😆
What a wonderful childhood you must have had. Thank you for sharing your grandparents with us Amit. This is a lovely account. You have done both of them proud.

Jav ❤
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Thank you all for the kind words.
Fergie - I look a bit like my grandfather. I have a broad grin right now thinking what would happen had he decided to pay me a visit and I end up looking at myself in a different form!
Acuteangles - 😉
Miracles - Agree with you. She had a lot of tales and a very funny way to tell them. So her matter-of-fact response at this time was very welcome.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
adsouza - I love this story and the fact that your grandmother was so matter-of-fact with you about, it instead of trying to brush it off like she was talking to herself. I wish more people were like she was. It would certainly make it easier on the rest of us, wouldn't it?

Thank you for sharing this with us 😊
acuteangles (4 stories) (28 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
This... Is beautiful. I absolutely love the advice your grandmother gave about not being afraid and trying to listen to the spirit. I will put that into practice when dealing with the paranormal. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Hi Adsouza, What a lovely tale you had to tell! I think that was such a sweet encounter. How happy you must have felt, to know that your Grandfather was looking out for you, even if you had never met.
I know that my Dad looks out for my eldest grandson! But that is a tale for a future date. 😊
Thank you for sharing
adsouza (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Sanjeevgeorge - being christian or not doesn't matter. There are billions in the world with difference in faith. And an equal many with no faith. Most of them don't fear anything much. Does it matter?

This comment from sanjeevgeorge is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: