You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Poltergeist Activity At Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist Activity At Childhood Home

 

This is about my childhood home which I lived in until I was 12. Strangely things out of the ordinary only started happening when I was about 10. I only have one experience that happened to me personally. I would like to tell you about this.

Right so basically me, my mum, my baby sister and my brother were in the living room. What we were doing at the time, well, my bro was re-enacting his fave film at the time Star Wars Phantom Menace and getting really into it I must add (lightsabres and sound effects). My mum was stood filming him on her new camcorder.

So after a good twenty minutes of him being cute something happened.

I heard a click and me and mum turned to the kitchen door on our left. The door slowly opened until it was slightly ajar. The door had a hook latch. Straight after the opening the latch swung so fast in circles it was impossible to tell how many times it spun round. After about 5 seconds it just stopped. Only me and my mum saw the incident as my brother was too entranced in his act.

Unfortunately, my mum only turned her head and not the camera towards the door. She actually had the camera facing me and my expression is being filmed as this is happening. It was very strange to say the least.

After it all happened we went over the recording for the twenty minutes before to see if anything showed up. My brother had been running up and down the room so many times was near the kitchen door. There was nothing really obvious but there was something. The latch on the door was somehow upright in an horizontal position most of the time through the recording prior to the incident.

Now we were that shocked at what happened that we were experimenting to see if we could replicate what happened with the latch. We couldn't manage to keep it up horizontal and we also couldn't spin it as fast.

I believe this was paranormal and I will be posting other stories that other people experienced in this house another time.

Thanks x

Other hauntings by charthebanshee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charthebanshee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I agree with Mannerizms, please keep us up to date with more happenings so we can help you more.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
This does sound like something MAY be there, but if there are more happenings like this share with us so we may be able to help you!

Stay safe! ❤
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Small things like these creep me out the most but I wouldn't put it down to ghosts so quick. Your title of the story led me to think you had lots of happenings to share, but its a bit mis-leading. Maybe the latch was broke and was in a weird position before this happened and wind and made it spin. I'm not sure myself but have you any other incidents to share before blaming it on the ghouls? 😕
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Yep, in my opinion... Sounds like the beginning of a haunting to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: