You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's House

 

I'm Tiffany from RI. I'm 17 years old. Here are a few of my experiences. A few months ago me, my aunt, my uncle, and my 2 cousins went to spend a few days at my grandmother's house in New Hampshire. It's a cozy little place and very relaxing. My aunt, uncle, and my little cousin Tyler who was about 5 at the time, went outside to roast marshmallows. I think it was about between 9 or 10 at night.

Well, me and my cousin were fooling around on her laptop in my grandmother's bedroom. We had a tray set up to place the laptop on it and we'd sit on the edge of the bed. My cousin Taylor (who is 3 years younger than me) decided to go get a few marshmallows and joined the others outside. I was by myself in the room. Maybe 10 minutes had passed and I felt someone plop down on the other side of the bed. I knew nobody had come in because I would be heard the door. I got up and went outside with the others, unable to shake the creepy feeling I had.

I also remember a few months prior to this experience, it was just me, my cousin Taylor and my aunt went to NH, just the 3 of us. Me and my cousin were once again hanging out in my grandmother's bedroom. All of a sudden I got a horrible, awful headache. I felt like I would throw up. I left the room in search of some Tylenol. When I left the room, everything went away. No headache, no wanting to vomit. I was like "Okay" and went back in the room. It all came back all of a sudden. I left the room again and it disappeared. I found this really strange. A couple weeks ago, I talked to one of my friends about this and she said something had probably happened in that room.

I think my grandmother's house is haunted. A women next door died a few months after she bought the house. Her name was Ida. When my uncle and his girlfriend were there, they were sleeping on the air mattress on the living room floor. He felt like someone was standing next to him so he turned but nobody was there. In the morning he told his girlfriend about it. She replied, "You felt that, too?! I was too scared to turn around and check!"

Another time with the SAME house: me and my cousin were sleeping in the sun porch. Then we heard footsteps outside, back and forth, back and forth. We became freaked out. My aunt told us it was probably a dog or something, but there's a big difference between animal footsteps and a humans. We got scared so we moved into the living room. After a few minutes of getting settled and ready to sleep, the footsteps started again outside the front door and the windows about where we were laying down!

What do you all think? Ghosts? Maybe the footstep thing could've been a normal person, a stalker or something, but what do you think about the other stuff that's happened?

Other hauntings by Tiffy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tiffy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tiffy (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hey guys, guess what?
Next month I'm going up to the house for a few days!
Maybe something will happen again... I can't wait!
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Why don't you try asking your grandma the history of the house? Or better yet... Talk to the spirits! Maybe they'll talk back? I don't know! 😐
Tiffy (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Thanks for your comments.

Lexiluca, my grandpa is still alive so it can't be him. I've never asked my grandma about these experiences but I think I will. It never actually crossed my mind to ask the most obvious person! Thanks for help, everyone.

I'll keep you all posted (:
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Yea, your grandma's house is haunted in my opinion. Try asking your grandma some questions if you want. You never know. She could have a BUNCH of info for you. 😁
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
I definitely think something's going on there. I find it interesting that many people (including myself) have experienced the sensation of someone sitting down next to them on a bed. It's a very weird sensation - with my experience I know it was my Mother so I'm comfortable with it, but if I was in a strange house that would be a different story.

Have you been back there since? Maybe it's your grandfather (if he's passed), this could explain why your grandmother is so comfortable there and living with no complaints.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Dear Tiffy,

Well, it is what you think your experiences are that counts in the long run. It may well be a bit of overactive imagination or a true paranormal experience of hauntings or visits by a ghost (earthbound dead human being) or a spirit (dead human being who has crossed over and comes back to check in on things). It may be as your story suggests, the deceased neighbor Ida stopping by your Grandma's house or it could be a close ancestor or relative like grandpa? In either case, you are not reporting any experiences of feeling harmed nor are you having harmful physical contact, so it would be safe to say that it is a general haunting or experience, and the ghost(s) or spirit(s) do not have negative intentions towards you and yours.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: