You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Just A Couple Of Things I've Encountered

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Couple Of Things I've Encountered

 

My name is John and I live in a little country town in Queensland, Australia. I've seen a few odd things in my relatively short lifetime and I'd like someone to hear them without thinking I'm nuts so here we go;

CARS AND PHANTOM AUTOMOBILES

To start this off I have to say my family is a very car-oriented one. My father and several of my uncles on both sides of my family collect vintage cars. I myself own 2 vintage cars.

Story 1: My mum works as a photographer and one night after a shoot she asked me to get her camera out of her car. So I went downstairs and grabbed the camera from the back of the car. When I turned to go back upstairs I heard a distinctive click and watched as the driver side door of my dad's 1954 Ford Mainline swung open. Needless to say I got outta there fast. It's not the first time one of my dad's (or my own!) have done something.

My dad told me a story about the Holden Monaro he used to have. Shortly after he bought it he noticed it had a rather pungent odor, not unlike rotten meat. Some nights he'd go to take it for a drive only to find that the battery was almost flat and the headlights were on. This was in the late 80's and dad lived at his parents house in one of Brisbanes shadier suburbs and a HK Monaro was worth a fair bit of money so he kept it locked in the garage. My own car, an XB Falcon ute (with a bit of a history) has a habit of turning it's engine over or having the headlights or radio turn on by themselves. There has been at least one occasion where my car has been started and running in the middle of the night, only to find the battery was out of the car and under the house, exactly as I'd left it. No wonder I nicknamed her "Christine"

Story 2: My family lives in the boonies, about 100 kilometres away from Brisbane, and my younger brother has a lot of health problems so we have to go to the hospital a lot. Usually we drive back at night and we've seen some pretty weird stuff.

One night we were driving home from the big smoke and were about 2 minutes from home when my mum and I noticed a set of tail-lights ahead. Next thing we knew the car rose up from the road, veered sharply off to the right and apparently into an embankment. That had mum and I stumped until the GPS picked up on a street off the main highway... That was now unaccesable due to the gradual lowering of the road through the hill the road was on. The street was unaccessable from the highway due to the embankment and you could not get onto it from the backroad that runs parallel to the highway due to a bridge that got washed out during a flood in 1956.

Another time my dad, my younger brother and I were coming home when along the same stretch of road when we saw what appeared to be a police car, with another car in front of it. The police car was a big, white XA, XB or XC Falcon sedan while the car in front seemed to be a hotted up looking, blue Valiant coupe. Two shadowy figures stood between both cars. The whole thing seemed so real, to the point where dad actually slowed down to gawk. Suddenly a truck roared from into view nowhere and the whole scene vanished. Friends of mine have seen other things such as policemen standing at the roadside, just one of the two cars, or the sounds of a crash in the same spot. The area is on a pretty dodgy crest and locals say a truckie fell asleep at the wheel and ploughed into both cars in the late 70's. Thats about it for the car stories at the moment.

PEOPLE AND OUR WEIRD HOUSE & SCHOOLS

Story 1: We live in an old Queenslander (for the non-Aussies out there it's a style of house that was extremely popular in Queenslander, hence the name) that the previous occupant, a man by the name of Bill. At night we can hear bootsteps throughout the house, Electrical appliances switch themselves on (Especially my dads old cabinet Record player/radio, which also happens to tune itself to 4BC) and the stong smell of pipe tobacco will fill the house. One time mum put a squeeze bottle of mayonnaise on the kitchen table, and continued to put the rest of the shopping away. When she turned back, the mayonnaise had vanished. Thinking me or one of my four other brothers or my sister had nicked it, she called us all into the kitchen and asked if we'd taken it. None of us had. About six months later mum was cleaning out the boxes from under her bed when she discovered the same bottle of mayonnaise, still icy cold and edible! (this was in the middle of summer in a house that often reaches around 40c).

Several things often vanish from under the house and reappear in odd spots upstairs. We've had distributor caps show up in the kitchen drawers, hubcaps appear where the clock usually sits and just other random things. We also often see shadow people on the otherside of the french doors in my sisters room from the lounge room. By far the scariest thing I've seen has been a grey mist that floats from the kitchen into the dining room.

Story 2: Both the high school I now attend and my previous primary school were odd places. Apparently a kid was shot dead by his father on the school oval after his wife was caught cheating on him. At the high school a guy was working on his ute when the jack failed and the car fell and crushed him. At the primary school it's not uncommon to hear gunshots around lunch time and the whole place is CREEPY at night. The high school is apparently much worse. During school socials people can be seen walking on the opposite side of the school, teachers can hear talking in other rooms, when the school is absolutely deserted and school equipment will move around or vanish overnight.

And that's it really. I know a lot of this will sound like complete B.S. But I swear it's not. Thank you for taking the time to read though this!

Other hauntings by XBFALCON74

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XBFALCON74, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
XB FALCON74

Being an Aussie I can visualise your cars and places you describe and I loved your story! You mentioned that your family are avid car lovers, do you think it's possible that the happenings could be a relative that has passed on that also loved cars and finds this a good way to get your attention?

And I think Christine is a perfect name for your car! I'm not sure how anyone could possibly find a reason that a car could start with lights on with no battery? Hmmm freaky stuff! 😊 😊
XBFALCON74 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
They're about 1ooish ks from Brissy, in a little town called Toogoolawah, if you go through Ipswich there should be a sign to Esk somewhere. Just follow the Brisbane Valley highway
ilikellamas (1 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Awesome stories!
I live in Brisbane and was wondering if you could please tell me the names of the schools? I have nothing better to do in my spare time than go around to Brisbane's haunted hot spots:-)
Cheers
😁
XBFALCON74 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thanks for the comments guys, nice to know someone doesn't think I'm nuts. Jav, It was actually my dad who tested it, accidentally. Mannerizms the cars usually only do it when the stuff in the house happens which is a couple of times a week, although the door on the Mainline was a bit of a one off, doors will open on the cars from time to time but I've never actually watched one open. I forgot to mention that the man who owned the house before we did was a car person as well but my ute was doing weird stuff way before I bought it home. I've got a few more stories (I was too lazy to type them up) as well as a bit of a background on the Ute. Once again thanks for the comments!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
XBFALCON74,
Welcome to YGS!
I loved reading your experiences. Very interesting happenings. It sounds like your whole area is active. I especially like the episode with the mayonaise. That's weird! One question though. Who was the brave one that tested it? I don't know if I could have! 😆
Your name reminded me of when I was in High school and used to drive my mom's old 64 Falcon. I had a lot of fun in that car.
Very cool about the apparitions along the road at night. I enjoy these type of sightings, you know you saw it, you had witnesses too. I bet you look every time you go that way at night, huh? I would too.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Jav 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Really interesting story here, XBFALCON74. Loved it! I too have experienced Shadow People and stuff going missing only to turn up weeks later somewhere else. Will have to write another story soon.
Weird and scary about the cars!
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I really enjoyed the stories! Thank you for sharing! As for the cars, how often did or does that happen? I think you got "Christine" named perfectly in this case! Hope you and yours are safe and hope your bother is doing better as well 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: