You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Trail Of Darkness

Real Ghost Stories

Trail Of Darkness

 

This story -no not story- event, happened to be the most terrifying, eye opening, and thrilling experience I have ever had. It is something I will never forget and brings goose bumps all over my body when I start think about it.

It all started when I was with my friend Hannah up North looking up at the stars. It was pitch black outside, and no one was really around besides for the random crickets and owls hooting at us. We decided it would be fun to walk along the dirt path along the woods at night. We walked along this path several times but never when it was that dark out. Hannah grabbed 2 flashlights. We were excited to do something courageous. If I knew what was in store for us, I would have never set a foot away from our cottage! As we walked, I had my head down, my flashlight was pointing along my feet. Something inside told me not to look straight ahead. I thought, "Why am I even feeling like this"? Sure enough I managed to shake the feeling away by just doing what my gut told me not too. I pointed the flashlight straight ahead.

It was standing there, right ahead of us on the trail. A strange woman walking towards me. She looked like something out of the Ring, with black hair and a white dress. Fear crept up my spine like never before, I screamed and ran as fast as I could towards the cottage. As soon as I got to the cottage Hannah started asking me what was wrong. She didn't see what I had seen! This frustrated me as I told her what I saw. She didn't believe me because she didn't believe in ghosts. She told me I was silly and that I was making the whole thing up. Being the girl that I am, I didn't want to be called a liar. That was the last thing I wanted when this one thing was really there. I put my pride in front of my fear, and told her to come with me.

As we were walking back, I kept thinking I was completely insane. I wanted her to see it but I didn't. So I looked down the whole way. Hannah stopped so I looked over at her, I have never in my life seen someone look with terror like she did. Her whole face turned white and her mouth was open in horror.

I booked it. I was outta there faster then she could scream. When we got back I asked her what she had seen. She told me "I saw exactly what you saw, except she was crawling on the ground towards me".

I don't really have a question about this event, it was definitely a ghost. No way would a woman stand in the middle of a path wearing a white dress in the darkness like that. So it wasn't just a passer by. Especially crawling on the ground? [I believe her cottage was closest to Lake Huron. I was young then so I don't really remember the location.]

Till this day I am afraid to walk along trails at night in fear I'll see the lady in the white dress.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nyuboom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
You didn't watch a video and receive a phone call did you?

OK on a more serious note...Jesus_soldier has made an interesting point. Lets say you both saw... 'something'...and this something took on the 'form' most likely to generate the most 'fear' in you it could generate?

I just can't help but to be on the fence concerning this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I think it was a demon... I doubt a human ghost would crawl... But I'm just curious, did she say if it was crawling like Golum from Lord of the Rings or a more spider-like fast crawl?
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
i do a lot of investigations and am usualy the less scared person in our group, but I openly admit I would poop my pants having lived out that incident.

I best not get a nightmare!;x

Just a thought, but the figure, did it look wet, you say the hair was like infront of the face, did the clothes and/or hair look wet? Just you mentioned something about a lake...

This story is very interesting.
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thank you for all the responses! Yes I thought it quite odd how the figure seemed to look like something RIGHT outta the ring. [White long gown, black long hair that was covering her face]. It was ridiculous, but amazing at the same time. I didn't see her crawling because I didn't look in front of Hannah where she was looking down. I just ran back, that thing really wasn't just a ghost. Maybe a demon perhaps?

[at] Butthead I was in maybe 8th or 9th grade. So this was before I really started getting into the paranormal.
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
i know that feeling you describe, of dread, staring down not wanting to look up because you can feel in your gutt something is there, and that you shouldnt hang around. Sent shivers down my spine, reading what you saw/went through.
I have been back to the place I saw a ghost and had that horrid feeling inside before seeing it, been back many times and never seen it again (took a few weeks to even consider it mind lol). Ok it was the same night, but to go back and see it again, I would have thought is quite unlikely. But who am I to know all the answers,
And I'm not trying to discredit the incident as paranormal, was just a thought.

How old were you when this happened?:)
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thats a crazy experience. They usually don't show themselves when some body else wants to prove a point. That spirit must be bored or something. I've came across a spirit that looked like "the ring" without the white dress or gown. I guess the movie gave these spirits an image to help scare people more. Long hair infront of a face and the woman is all leaned foward with pale skin. That can make anybody take a step backwards. I don't think it was a human spirit. Not a lot of humans crawl unless it's a toddler or some physical issue. Thanks for sharing, Cool story.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
You know what's funny, is the ring ghost is actually the common ghost figure in many countries of Asia. Like, if we have Casper, they have the ring character. Its just a common image to them. When I volunteered at a haunted house in Korea, the costume that to them was the scariest was of that "ring" like ghost. Scarier to them than Freddie Kruger or witches or bloody people. I think it got really cool here in America because of them turning it into an english movie. Funny how before that movie came out, there were no reported American hauntings with such an image. It was always shadowy apparitions, or foggy, see-through figures, or orbs or something.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Stephy, you know what I haven't figured out yet? The fascination with "The Ring? I mean, okay... A woman dies and strangely happens to look just like the woman out of that movie?

There has to be some class on the other side that women have to go through when they die, some sort of initiation or something before they go on to the next step, because there are way too many of these female ghosts who look just like the woman out of The Ring.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
If you can, keep that pasty woman on the East side ok? We rather like our waterfronts on Lake Michigan. 😊
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Scary! 😨...The only thing that confused me is that what you saw first, Hannah didn't see,, and what she saw later,, You didn't see...!...Though in both the cases it was right in front of you!...Quite strange!...Thank God both of you were unharmed!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: