You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Childhood Home

 

As a child I experienced a lot of unexplainable stuff. The house I grew up in was a five bedroom detached house in a lovely neighbourhood with a big garden stretching back with a park on the opposite side. We were the first occupants of this house, but I must admit I am very happy to have moved on from that house!

The house I grew up in was built on the site of a previous hospital, this is proven by the hospital name and sign still engraved into the road's entrance walls. In fact, once my mother and father were putting a pond in the garden so my dad was digging a hole and he dug up pieces of brick and tiles that were from the hospital building before it was demolished to make room for the house and park.

I grew up with siblings in this house and now we still talk about our experiences and the negative energy we could feel in the house.

Many times we would be sitting in the living room and we would hear the floorboards creaking as if someone was walking across the upstairs hallway, doors would unexpectedly slam on their own accord and, of course, each time no one was upstairs to do this. At night we would also hear tapping and knocking on the wardrobe door, which would make me run out of the room. One of my siblings confessed that as a child he would sprint down the stairs before something would grab him, and it was then that we all admitted that each and every one of us did that but didn't tell each other when we were kids. No one remembers what it was we were running from but I assume it was just running from the feeling of dread and worry that loomed over the hallway.

When I was 13-years-old, I would see what I can only describe as a "shadow man". He was a black silhouette of a man with a hat. I never noticed any body features or clothes; just a silhouette. I would see him at least 3 times a day for a week at the most random times and random places. I once opened the bathroom door and I saw him 10 feet away before he vanished. Each time I saw him I was absolutely terrified, but thankfully I stopped seeing him once I returned from a week's holiday. I never told anyone at the time because I felt that my family would play with it to scare me. Now that we have moved to another house my father and mother have finally admitted to thinking our previous house had spirits. Sometimes I want to go back to that house and ask the current occupants whether they've experienced anything.

Does anyone understand my story about haunted houses and ghostly feelings as a child? If anyone has had similar experiences please comment.

Other hauntings by Forest23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Forest23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Interesting story here, Forest23. I have seen a Shadow Man around my house lately, things disappearing, and all that. The Shadow Man does induce fear and the need to cleanse my House. I feel like I've had some bad energy or at least a person with bad energy in my home and that's why we've had the Shadow Man in our house.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
I am now 17 and I have had things happen to me that was unexplainable... But as time went on I developed more senses on what, where, when they were doing something. I hope you post more of your paranormal experiances. Keep us updated. (: spirited wishes from Alaska.

DannyBaby. (:

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: