You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncertain

Real Ghost Stories

Uncertain

 

I am new to the site and do not have much experience with the paranormal as I might possibly like. I have been a silent reader for a few years, however.

There are a few similar events that have happened since 2005 that I can't quite figure out.

To share a little about me with you; I don't see well at all. Yup... Almost totally blind. Anyway, the few events I will explain have lead me to believe that there is something in my parents' house. I don't think it is evil, but perhaps disturbed. I did not notice these events until 2005 and my parents have lived in the house since the 80's. I also didn't notice them until after leaving a very bad relationship.

The first event that took place was in my sister's room. My stepmom and I were in there reading something off of the computer. My stepmom would read in silence and then summarize what she had read. All at once, I felt as if someone had sat or stood beside me. It was quiet with the exception of some background noise. It startled me and I asked her if she had gotten up because I thought I felt her standing near me. She said no, but that she had felt it, too; behind her as she was reading. I thought..."creepy!"

The second event was in that same year. My daughter had learned how to say "hi" and wave her hand. One afternoon, I was carrying her into the living room and she waved at something (or someone) and said "HI!" She was smiling. I asked a friend if her daughter had done anything similar. She told me not to worry that children are able to see things we adults cannot at times. Of course, I worried. I do believe in the paranormal and I wanted to know who or what my daughter was seeing.

Other events usually took place around the kitchen sink; usually behind my right shoulder. I would begin washing dishes or putting them into the dishwasher and I'd feel this strong presence. It was startling. It hasn't happened in a very long time, however as I have since moved, but even before then, the events seemed to lessen.

I often wonder if it was my grandfather. Once I was talking to my grandmother on the phone and I felt this angry presence and whatever it was followed me into the laundry room. It was quite frightening. Even before the phone incident took place, I felt it may be my grandfather. He did not exactly put things to closure before passing away with family and I feel he may be angry about that. I feel that his children are disturbed by their own memories. I was told he really loved me and took to me right away. I often wonder if he was trying to communicate.

I did ask my grandmother if she ever had any dreams about him after he passed away. She said she had two and they were not the most pleasant. He was accusing her of something. She told me, but for privacy purposes, I'd rather not provide details.

I noticed the events lessen after I prayed over the sink while pouring salt down the drain for cleansing. I would have liked to have known what it was, but everytime it happened by the sink, I became frightened.

I did reveal the information to my stepmom and she said she felt something by the sink twice.

Does anyone have any idea what this could have been. I am "uncertain." I do not have much experience with the paranormal, but I do believe in its existence. Any comments and/or questions are welcome.

Thank you.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MoonFall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Well I think your story was very creepy and shows that you don't have to see a ghost to feel the real chill go up your spine just feeling its presence can give you a very big chill, I felt the same thing I know how you felt its creepy very creepy! Thanks for sharing
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Wow. I had similar events happen to me back in 2010 at my great grandparents' house There something special about the kitchen in that you feel the presence when your near the sink. I wonder what the history of property is. Just pray silently in your mind when you feel something. Ask God to protect you and to provide peace.
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Sorry...meant to address the second person as Fergie... So sorry. Oops... 😳
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Rook,

Thank you for the recipe. I have seen that recipe on this site before in a comment on another story... Perhaps it was you. I remember opening cabinets from time to time to let light in after reading that one particular story. Thank you. It's time for a good spring cleaning, anyway.:)

+1,

Thank you so much for your kind encouraging words. Most of the abnormal activity is gone, however. I haven't felt it in forever and I have since moved out of my parents house. I went to visit a few days ago and turned on the ghost radar ap I downloaded on to my phone. I can't make sense of that thing. I don't think it works.: (I can only think of one use of it that made a LITTLE sense. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention to it. Don't know...anyway, thank you so much and hope you're doing well... Take care. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
MoonFall,

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Hi MoonFall, I am sorry to hear of yoyr failing sight.
I have always heard people say that, if one of your senses fail, others will highten to compensate. It seems as if your 6th sense has come to the fore. 🤔
If you are scared by the presences you feel, first, ask them to leave, in a polite tone. If this doesn't work, there is an esteemed poster on this site, by the name of Rookdygin, that I am sure will give you ways to protect yourself, & hopefully to get rid of the 'Nasties'.
Till then, take care, I am rooting for you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: