You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creature In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Creature In The Dark

 

This is not my experience but my ex's that she narrated to me. I am sharing this with you as so that we can discuss about this incident if you find it noteworthy.

She was living in a duplex that was newly constructed (the venue in this incident is in Maharashhtra) and was surrounded by few other houses and mostly by forest (that area was not much developed being away from heart of town). She had been there long enough to know the sounds it made and other noises outside. The night when this incident happened it was 11:30PM when she fell asleep. As per her she rarely woke up at night because she was a heavy sleeper. She didn't easily get scared or weirded out by paranormal things for she believed a little in supernatural. However, for some reason this experience really bothered her and she couldn't let it go.

Her bed was in the middle of the room and she was sleeping near the window (like 3 ft away). Her room was on the first floor. Suddenly she felt like something or someone shoved her slightly, which woke her up from sleep. As she looked to see what it was, she was stunned and couldn't believe what she was seeing. There was faint sound of somebody walking and dry leaves being crushed under that person's feet. Walking slowly towards her house was a tall man in a black cloth wrapped around him and a pale grey face with no concrete features to tell if it was a man, woman or something else. As per her, that creature had a constantly changing face. She couldn't scream because no noise came out of her mouth nor could she move. It was as if she was hypnotized by that creature. Then that creature stretched its arms, which strangely had 3 fingers, and pointed them to her as if inviting her. He was trying to call her. As per her, she suddenly had a strong urge to go out towards that creature and she had already made it up to her room door. Out of habit (she always did that frequently), she grabbed onto her 'Ganeshji' locket that she used to wear when suddenly she heard loud noise of steel glass falling down on the floor. It was as if she was out of that hypnotic urge to go to that creature. She ran towards window to see if that horrible creature was still there but he had disappeared. She was fully awake when that incident happened but her parents, and even I, assured her that it was a dream.

A few months later (approximately 7-8 months) she excitedly called me and told me that I was wrong. As per her verdict, she was not the only one who had seen that tall man's shadow in house but her brother and her bhabhi, who didn't believe in this stuff and had come for a visit to her place, had also seen him and experienced shiver and fear in their room.

So, friends, can you explain to me what that was exactly? A piece of imagination (as I strongly suspect), real paranormal experience, a bad dream or anything else? And if you like my narration, do convey me. I have more experiences to share (at least I will get an explanation).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aamod_v, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
itsdan4u and aamod_v - we strongly discourage our members providing the exact location where an experience took place. If the address is given, it will be deleted. This helps discourage people from going to the location and, basically, snooping around. It's an invasion of privacy for someone who may currently be living there.
itsdan4u (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Dear Aamod, could you kindly share the specific location where this incident took place?
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hi Aamod, it was a good story and I agree with Mr discerninguseher as he has mentioned about this creature. If you see God has made many creatures which even Science have no answer for this if you search in internet there are even millions of unidentified creatures around the world. As in the story LORD GANAPATI had Warded off the creatureand protected her. Please tell the location God Bless.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You Tube~~

Comments? We don't need ne stinking comments!

The lower west end.

Jav
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Moongrim ~ Jav~ You realise you are getting Karma points for this? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You Tube-

You care enough to comment.

Which Acre?

Moongrim.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You Tube

I don't care...

I have freckles on my butt!

Javelina
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You tube-

Why people laugh at Creationists.

Crisco Shortening will make your penis longer!
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
aamod...my friend Hemant had a similar experience with such an entity in a forest in rural Maharashtra. I can really relate to this experience and have even posted the story after reading your account. The creature described by my friend was tall, thin and shouded in a rough woolen blanket, called a ghongdi in Marathi. It entered his room and cast a spell over him and tried to drag him with it. I do not know how many fingers it had, but my friend's arm bore the mark of this thing's fingers for many days afterwards. He was only saved as he blinked and that broke the spell. It was most probably a guardian of the forest as he had gone hunting and inadvertently disturbed it.
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
[at] shubham1120 - Atleast "Jaadu" from"Koi Mil Gaya" was kind of cute.

But this? This was horrible, twisted, dark and definitely hazardous!
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
The three fingers remind me of "koi mil gaya" (an Indian film).
But yes, her faith saved her.
I wonder what would have happened if she never had faith.
"GANAPATI BAPPA MORAYA!"
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
[at] crecentblue03 it must have been like you are watching a Dementor (from Harry Potter World) live. ๐Ÿ˜
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Wow very scary I know if I had seen this creature I wouldn't be able to sleep for a while, oh I would be fine during the day but once night comes well then all the scary memories of it would come back. Thanks for sharing!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
aamod: Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! ๐Ÿ˜†...I'm sorry, I never connected the "glass" with a utensil for drinking LOL!...Evidently, I'm the only one who didn't ๐Ÿ˜†...

Anyway, this is an interesting account, and I'll be on the look-out for other stories about similar entities/creatures...

Thank you for answering my questions!...And thanks for posting ๐Ÿ˜Š
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
[at] zzsgranny and Rook I called her up again to ask the question if her brother and sister-in-law had the same experience. She said although they did see the creature in night but unlike her experience, he didn't call them towards him. One moment he was there, standing outside, both of them saw him and then poof! He vanished in thin air. So this means all three of them saw the same creature, but the other two (her brother and sister-in-law) didn't experience what my ex did. Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
[at] zzsgrany 'steel glass' can be best described in technical language as a utensil made of Steel to drink water! Just like a paper cup.

She used to keep it in her room as she was always keen to avoid to go in the kitchen at late night hours...

No! I didn't knew any details about that creature. Although one of our friends on this forum (ind_83) had a piece of info. That creature is close to something known as "kuheli".

[at] MoonFall happy to know that you liked my narration. It is really fantastic on this forum cause you can ask even your smallest doubts regarding paranormal and they won't go unanswered.

[at] Javelina since this incident it has been my regular practice to meet people and hear their narrations about the paranormal they witnessed. And then I try to find the logical reason behind it. And I much needed a platform like this forum so that I can share there experiences and discuss the logical reasoning I derived with all of you. So I will definitely post more.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
aamod: I'm interested in the sound she heard as she came out of her trance... You describe it as "steel glass"...Could you elaborate on what exactly that is?...Also, was anything disturbed in her home that would make such a noise, like a sliding glass door, etc?...Also, I'll re-ask one of Rook's questions: did the other two have their experiences at the same time or separately?...

I feel like there's some significance with the three fingers... And she said the face kept changing...I'm wondering about a shape shifter?...Is there anything in your culture about those types of creatures?...

I have to say, there's a reason why the woods are so spooky at night, and I don't think it all has to do with the natural nocturnal sounds one hears normally... ๐Ÿ˜Š
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Aamod,

I enjoyed reading the story. Like other posters, it's wonderful to hear than even in that state, she still relied on faith to save her... God is good. Thank you and the other poster for sharing so much in regards to the locket.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
ind_83,
Thank you for that explanation. I must have missed it yesterday, so I'm glad I checked back. That is very helpful. I am always interested in learning about other cultures. And faith, I believe, is like the backbone of so many. Especially older cultures, such as yours. You took a topic that could have been confusing to an outsider, and broke it down to the basic structure. That makes it much easier for a beginner like me. ๐Ÿ˜Š

[at] aamod,
Thank you again for bringing this experience to light. And if you do happen to find others who have also witnessed this creature, please keep us updated about them.

As YGS continues to add more of these experiences to the archives, I believe this site, and others like it, have become very valuable and important resources in the field of paranormal research.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
aamod,
I believe you are right about her faith saving her. Particularly for the way she reached for the locket, without even thinking that she should. It was a natural act of faith. Not forced. She reached for it KNOWING it would offer protection and comfort. Yes, that is faith right there. The creature couldn't break that power and he knew it.
It is important to remember how easily they can be repelled in the way she had done.
Can't wait to read about your other experiences.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜Š
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
[at] ind_83 nice explained with 'Vighnaharta' reference. Thumbs up for u
ind_83 (55 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Javelina - The "Ganeshji" locket is significant to all Indians all over the world. Because Ganeshji is our God. We worship him. He is the son of Mata Parvati and Pita Mahadeva, they are the Gods of all Gods and Goddesses. We call Ganeshji "Vighnaharta", which means 'The Protector' from all dangers and disturbances. In India, in each and every Hindu home you will find Ganeshji's Idol.
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
[at] Javelina I totally agree with u. She had an experience of a lifetime. And I tried my best to console her regardless of fact that I could not believe her story. The locket she was wearing had an small idol of Lord Ganesha - God of Wisdom and Knowledge. This Locket was gifted to her by her Grandparents. I think the positive Aura of faith in God helped her. Much appreciate your feedback. And I will share more experiences.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
aamod,
I can certainly understand the fear she experienced that night. Think about it. She nearly went outside to meet with that creature! Coming out of a state of hypnotic like trance to be walking as if fully intending to go to it. This locket? Can you please explain the significance? I am unfamiliar with the culture, but it obviously carries something of great significance to her, as it seems that may have been what brought her around to her normal self again.
Very creepy goings on there. Thank you for sharing.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

~Your narration was wonderful. I had the picture of the room and the forest, not to mention the creature, in my minds eye right away.~
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
[at] rookdygin I really appreciate your outlook at all the paranormal experiences. As per what she told me she was so sure that no one would believe her that she told this incident to her brother and sister-in-law after they had similar experience. Sorry for the error in last post.
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Thnks Guys for the feedback

My Ex-girl friend narrated this whole experience to me, much later (approximately 3 months later) as he thought (Rightly) that I will not believe this to be true.

[at] adsouza this incident happened in Chandrapur district in Maharashtra. [at] ind_83 your revelation is very helpful and I will try to collect more info related to it.

[at] Blis006 I made the same joke to her. ๐Ÿ˜but she was very scared.

[at] rookdygin I really appreciate your outlook at all the paranormal experiences. As per what she told me she was so sure that no one would believe her that she didn't tell this incident to her brother and sister-in-law after they had similar experience
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-29)
Really Aamod, cannot say what this thing was actually. Mybe it is some kind of spirit who come into night and call sleeping people to them and after the person go in front of them, they kill those people and take their souls with them. Actually what I am trying to say is, this is very much similar to a Bengali folklore. In West Bengal, we call these spirits "kuheli", who comes at night and lure people outside of their home. Anyways that was a very creepy experience your ex had, I must say.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-29)
Rook I havn't ever heard of a creature wrapped in a black shroud and with three fingers only, it immediately reminded me of the dementors from Harry Potter or the Ring Wraiths from Lord of the Rings ๐Ÿ˜œ
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-29)
Aamod - Which part of Maharashtra did this happen in?
I faintly remember some character like the one you have described from the tales I heard as a child. Of course, I have never experienced such a phenomenon.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-29)
Bliss,

Many Thanks... That helps some... My question now is did the two of them 'see / experience' this at the same time or on separate occasions? If they experienced (saw) this at the same time...it's less likely they were asleep and more likely they 'saw' something.

Hey Bliss... Do you know of any folklore that 'describes' such a 'spirit or entity'? From your statement you may not, but I'm asking anyway.

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: