You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Encounters With A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

My Encounters With A Demon

 

Let me start by saying I'm new to this site but I've been interested in the paranormal all my life. Well, from when I could understand it anyway. I'm twenty now by the way. I love to read about people's experiences, the occult, witchcraft, mythology etc. I am not religious in any way, but I'm not one of those people who hates it or judges others because they are. On the contrary, I get on with the religious people I know. My next door neighbour is a vicar and we get on quite well. I have been to some of his services but religion is just not for me.

I have also had paranormal experiences since I was around seven, I think that's when it started at least. I'm not sure what he is but he has been around since I was about seven, which is what my story below is about - my first encounter, I think he's male. I have always thought of "him" as a him, never an it.

Personally my experiences have almost never been bad and have almost always been with this one Demon. Not that I'm 100% certain that he is a Demon but I can not find anything else he could be because he doesn't feel Human, if that makes sense. But like I said I'm not sure. If anyone does think they know what he could be please let me know.

I have never felt threatened nor have I ever been attacked, but others have felt very threatened by him. On a few occasions he has even lashed out. I'll explain those incidents in other submissions when I tell of my encounters but I just wanted to give a little information before I go into my experiences, which I'm probably not going to tell in the order they happened because there are quite a few. I will try to make it clear at the start of every event when in my life it happened.

My first experience/encounter that I can remember was in school. I never had many friends, not good ones anyway, but I have always stood up for myself against bullies. There was this one boy (I think his name was Justin so that's what I'll refer to him as) who seemed to always want to single me out and try to pick on me.

It was break time and I went to the library to get a book, when Justin came up behind me and pushed me to the ground. When I stood back up and turned to him I saw he was with two friends, all of them laughing at me. Not that I cared, they were just idiots in my opinion but just when I was about to say something I heard a loud almost animalistic growl next to me. I jumped away and looked around, nothing, just me and the three boys. But I knew I had heard something because the three of them looked terrified as well. The next thing I new something had shoved Justin backwards onto the floor, to me it looked like a very strong gust of wind had blown him off his feet except that I clearly saw what looked like hand indentations in his clothes like someone had physically pushed him back.

I was so shocked I froze in place while his two friends screamed, grabbed him by the arm and ran. By the time I recovered from shock break was almost over and a teacher told me I should get to class. I didn't have any clue as to what had happened but the three boys told our teacher that I had attacked Justin and shoved him to the ground but my teacher knew that Justin was a bully and I never got in trouble.

When I told my mother and father what happened they just told me not to make up stories but I knew something strange had happened.

After that Justin seemed to go out of his way to avoid me altogether, so did his two friends.

Although I did try to talk with them a week or two later about what had happened and why they told the teacher I attacked Justin when they knew I was not close enough to touch him let alone push him to the ground, they just replied that "It was easier than telling the truth, who would believe them?"

I'll be writing my stories/encounters one by one. So not to confuse people again, they probably won't be in the order they happened but I will make sure to put dates up and such to let everyone know when they happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Precaya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Rook - I kept it because it made me feel better wrighting it down since after telling my family the first three times and having them keep saying not to make things up I stopped trying to talk to them about it, as for the gash it started on her top rib and went down around to the third and things were being knocked over but I don't remember anything hitting anyone so not sure.
Anyway ill try to get it written asap with all the details and thank you for your help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Precaya,

Did the 'gash' just 'appear' or was it the result of being knocked into something? Like I said before I'll rad your other experiences and do my best to help you figure out what is happening... From run away imagination to Guardian Spirits or whatever the details point towards.

A journal... That is great... That means you are not relying solely on memory to submit these.

Respectfully,

Rook
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Rook - thanks again I will put up my next experience as soon as I find my journal -quick explination I have kept a diary/journal thing since I was about 10 in which I wrought all my expierences in when they happened- the experience that would explain my question happened when I was 12 I think and he got quite violent no one got seriously hurt but one did get a gash along her side in your opinion could a guardian or my possible telekinetic energy do that to someone?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Interesting question... Would a Guardian Angel 'Hurt' someone? I guess that would depend on the circumstances... If the Guardian is not a 'True Angel' and the best/quickest way to 'Guard' is to 'hurt' someone... Then my answer is yes, it's possible. If you are referring to this experience of yours, it doesn't sound as if your attacker was hurt... Surprised, shocked and scared most certainly, but not hurt.

As I said it seems there is more to this, you say you've 'seen' this entity so I will follow along and read your other experiences.

As far as you only being able to 'manifest' minor telekinetic things... Stress and Anger can 'power up' outbursts of 'energy'...Happy events can as well and the 'sudden release' of this energy can have surprising results... Please submit your other experiences soon, maybe through them what is happening around you can be determined.

Respectfully,

Rook
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Rook - most of the info I have came from books, I have read a few old ones and modern ones about the occult, demons and entitys as well as others that I won't go into now. I don't realy look around the internet because half the stuff you find is made up but from what I have read and what hes done has brought me to the answer of demon but ill say again I could be wrong.
One question can/would a guardian angel hurt someone? I have always belived the answer to be no which is one of the reasons I did not think he was one but id like to hear what you think on that.
As for your answer of it could be telekinetic energy from me I never realy thought about that could be but I don't think so I have read books about that in the past and tested it out with a few minor results but nothing to the scale that has happened with him and I will say I have seen him on a few occasions but only for a few seconds.
Again thank you for your reply rook your answers are quite helpful 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Precaya,

No, thank you for the chance to help. I can't help but be curious as to how your research lead to the conclusion that this 'entity' was a demon.

From what you have shared I have two theories... The entity you have 'connected' with is a protective spirit of some type. Some people call them Guardian Angels... Which can be (again) misleading because while they are helpful and mean well they are not (always) Angels.

This might not even be an 'entity or spirit'. It may be a manifestation of telekinetic energy from you... The 'growl' was simply part of the 'manifestation' as the 'energy' exited you (i.e. You knocked him down with the 'power' of your mind).

I'm am interested in your other experiences to see if they support my telekinetic theory or if perhaps you happen to have a very 'powerful' Guardian.

Respectfully,

Rook
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
TheLurkingUnknown - thanks and for the record I don't realy believe in angels but I think anything is possible and I could be wrong to not believe in them.

Rook - thanks for your reply I have seen you on this sight a lot of times trying to help a lot of people and I get what your saying don't get me wrong I know that demons are usually very bad news which is why I posted my experience because the only answer I found as to what he is was a demon which confused me because I never have felt threatened by him but a demon was the only thing that seemed to make sence to me but I do get what your saying and I'm not saying for one second that demons are misunderstood creatures.
As for the name thing thanks again for your answer I was a bit confused as to why knowing the name makes a difference.
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
tye35 - makes sence but dosent that only happen with ghosts?
KadibongMK - thanks for replying I love hearing about different cultures beliefs and yours is really interesting and its nice to think that everyone has a spirit looking out for them and I never thought about an ansestor could be one but I have no clue as to my family history/relatives past my nan and grandfather.

Cocoa - thank you for your reply but I'm 99% sure hes not a shadow man he looks nothing like one because from what I have read they just look like a standing shadow but thanks for help.
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Javelina - thanks for the advice but I don't really need help, I just wanted to get peoples opinions on what he is and as for why I am putting my experiences up one by one is that this sight has strict rules on grammar and spelling which is fair but I'm not good at either, so I'm putting them up like this so its easier for me to make less mistakes, as for crying demon over a simple entity I will say this again I am not 100% sure he is a demon but after reading and finding out what I can about theses sorts of experiences its the answer I came up with if I'm wrong and he is not a demon but some other type of entity I will own up to my mistake but I do think he is some sort of demon.
If any of this makes my story seem 'fake' to anyone than that's their opinion because let's face it no one has any real proof as to what a demon/entity/shadow man or any other things mentioned on this sight are.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Precaya,

There is a theory that knowing someones / somethings 'true name' gives one 'power' over them.

Ask yourself this, what's more effective...

"You, you... Yes you, get out of here."

Or...

"Fred, time to go. Fred get out of here."

You at least catch the attention of someone or something better if you can call it by name... It also gives an individual something to 'focus' on... Something to 'direct' actions towards rather than an 'unfocused action (Hope that makes sense).

Respectfully,

Rook
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
just a side thought but I have read a few stories on this sight and people have often asked if the persons demon/entity or whatever it is has a name and I'm wondering dose it make a difference if you do know the name or not because I do have a name for him its Serafin.

BlueBakemono - most people would agree with you that demons are bad but I did mention I'm not 100% sure that he is a demon but yeah hes never hurt me I just wanted peoples opinions in this.

MySilentScream - I did think of a guardian at first but again not 100% on what he is but yes could be.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
From the Glossary of this site...

Demon: In religion, folklore, and mythology a demon (or daemon) is a supernatural being that has generally been described as a malevolent spirit, and in Christian terms it generally understood as an angel not following God.

Malevolent: 1) having or showing a desire to harm others. 2) having a harmful or evil effect or influence.

So 'by definition' a demon is a 'spirit' that wants to harm, hurt and cause pain. They are not 'nice, misunderstood, spirits'. There are other spirits... That this 'protective spirit' may be... But a demon it is not.

Demons are not 'nice spirits looking out for anyone... Except for themselves and the pain they can inflict upon us.'

Believe it or not I'm saying this from a non-religious perspective. I'm just tired of 'hearing' about the 'poor misunderstood Demon's'. There are other 'non-human entities (spirits) that are 'good / nice' that wish to aid / guide us and we do not have to call them Demons because they are not.

Respectfully,

Rook
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
OK bout time I reply to some comments also thank you to everyone who put their ideas/info down.

Pjod - your right there is no honor amongst bullys but I guess at the time they were good friends.

Snowhite - I have read a few books on the subject of demons and he just seems to fit it but I could be wrong as for what I think a demon is that's a hard question to answer to be honest I'm not sure anyone really knows but I believe they are dark creatures but not always evil as others seem to think.
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
you have me in a curious state I really wonder about this. I do not believe in guardian angels, although I had two odd experiences with what seemed to be protective entities. I will look into this... It is very interesting
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
A fascinating story indeed.
I haven't done a LOT of searching though once I found a website referring to a 'SHADOW MAN'.
Legend has it that they steal children and take them out of bed and then outside. They can come singular or in groups and when they do come in groups they travel in a single file. No reason why they do.

I hope I have helped or given info due to your experiences.

Thanks, Cocoa. 😊
kadibongMK (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
I think that someone that loves you is always look after you you and protect you. Okay, I'm girl from small island of Palau if you have'nt heard of it than go google and find out wherez palau. By the way in my island we believe our ansectors and every single person men, woman and the youngster have a spirit that go with them and protect them from any evil spirit. This spirit that protect us is our ansestors it's scary but is not that scary. This spirit protect you from everything like what I said eny evil spirit and also when someone hurt your feeling than the spirit will curse them. When they curse them than it's like a reall tooth that grows in their body... But, for palauans that hurt another palauan feelings is just the spirit will talk about it, I don't know how the spirit solve the problems but that's how the palauans are... The feeling that makes the spirit angry is just putting that person down or angry but the only thing that the spirit can curse or do anything is love... If a palauan person is mad becuase of love or she/he is in a broken heart spirit can't help them because the spirit doce'nt have the power for love... This is just the story that kind a related to your stori... So I think is one of your ansestors that he/she is tired of looking at you feeling sad and being bulied so he/she stood up for you... Thank you for your storie and have a nice day!
tye35 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
he probably was bullied himself, so he didn't want it to happen to you.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
[at] Precaya,
First of all, I realize that many new members might think that submitting your experiences one by one is only encouraged if they are seperate types. If you are in need of assistance and/or advice, it is suggested that you at least attempt to put it into one account, even if it is long. By choosing to parse your experience out in the way you are doing, it has the effect of making it look made up. Ficticious. I am only trying to warn you here, I am not accusing you of doing so...yet.
That being said, I will wait until all your submissions are in before offering any speculative comments.
One thing I will say is this... Members on this site are not your typical readers. We tend to lose patience at times with those who cry demon al lover an entity or situation that does not exhibit demonic behavior. We have been at this for a long while, and will discredit what we see as fiction.

Just sayin'

Jav 🤔
MySilentScream (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Maybe it's a type of guardian...? It would explain why you don't feel threatened by it, and for it to jump in and protect you when it feels you were in danger?
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Not a demon. Demons are huge jerks, they wouldn't try to protect a human. Unless, however, they have something big to gain. But, whos know. *Shrug*
I guess if it's not bothering you, it doesn't really matter.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
I don't understand why you called it a demon. What do you think a demon is by the way?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
"I have never felt threatened"
Pretty sure it's not demonic.

The situation you described after your bully was shoved to the ground by an unseen force, experienced by his two "henchmen"- knowing kids, I'm surprised they stuck around to help their buddy up off the ground before fleeing. There is little to no honor among kid bully's and their friends- just a part of your story that stuck out for me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: