You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Girl At My Family Beach House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl At My Family Beach House

 

At one point I was at my cottage in Florida last summer. It was built in 1907 and bought by my great grandfather a few months after it was built. Before there were other beach houses but soon plowed down because they were falling apart. (I think they were built in the 1800's.)

I stayed in a room with my cousins and all was well the first night. It gave me a weird vibe though. When I stepped into the room I felt light headed and got the feeling that someone was watching me but shook it off.

Alright, this was the first time that I stayed in that particular room. My old room was taken because my cousin got married and needed a room for him and his new wife so me and my three cousins slept in his old room.

The second night was my first experience. I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason. It was around 2:30 and I heard a little girl giggle. I thought it was one of my little cousins who woke up and was playing with her toys or something but I went to check in their room but they were dead asleep. I went back into my bed and noticed that my blankets were pulled off. By then, I was so tired that I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later I was almost asleep but I heard a girl whisper in my ear and said, "wake up! It's time to go swimming!" I was scared out of my mind. My cousins were all asleep and I was the only one awake. That was the last time I seen her activity that night.

The next day I asked my cousins if they heard anything and they said they didn't. I told them what happened and they said that I was so tired I was probably dreaming while I was awake.

That night. I made sure to stay up until 2:00 in the morning to see her. Sure enough I did. I saw a little girl about the age of 8 skip down the stairs. I went to follow her and I found her at the edge of the stairs sitting there and laughing. She saw me and said, "Hello! I'm ready to go swimming!" I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and forced my self to sleep.

The next morning I told my cousins and at this point we were all freaked out. They said that last night one of them went to the bathroom and something threw a hairbrush across the bathroom and giggle.

Again, that night we all stayed up. We recorded some EVP's like they do on the ghost show. We asked her a few questions and then went back to sleep.

The next day we listened to them. We heard it very closely and heard a girl say, "Anna." We decided that the girl's name was Anna.

We didn't see much of Anna the next few nights. On the last day we asked our grandpa if he knew anything. He said that his dad say (our great grandpa) that about a hundred years ago a girl drowned in the ocean and her name was Anna and she was 8.

We told our grandpa that we saw Anna and he told us that when he was a kid he saw the little girl himself but wasn't too sure and finally told us that he saw her since we were the only ones that saw her as well. My cousin said that when he slept in there that Anna used to talk about going swimming and giggling.

Let me tell you what Anna looked like, She was see through, of course, she was wearing a navy dress and her hair looked wet and her face was pale and her lips were blue and her blue eyes were sunken in.

This summer me and my cousins will be on the lookout for Anna. We'll try to take pictures and see if we find Anna.

Sorry if this was long! Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peacelovechocolate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

peacelovechocolate (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Bluerose19- That was pretty funny, it must've been an april fools prank on the site! That would've been funny if there was a ghost clown though 😆
detective3 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
That story made me feel very emotional when I read it, if I were you I would've talked to Anna, I would say, 'How old are you? What is your name? Are you alright?" and I would be supportive and friendly, but I suppose if that really were me I would be freaking out as well! 😆 Anna seems like a lovely girl and it makes me sad to think about what she has gone through and how lonely she must have been! 😭 😢
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
It is sad to see a little soul wondering there by herself. Do you want to help her to cross over to be with her loved ones? Tell her to go see the light where her mom and dad are, they are waiting for her on the other side.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
[at] All- For a second, I really thought, that finally, now my laptop is 'haunted'...! 😭 😠
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Now, not so paranormal, paranormal things are happening on YGS.
Just look at today's day and you'll know what's happenning!
That was hilarious!
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
It would be nice if you could post some pictures:) I agree with Bluerose19, words change in my other comments too.
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Don't worry so much bluerose19!
APRIL FOOL'S DAY! Remember 😆
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
peacelovechocolate:I am extremely sorry, but I swear I did not write those words...! 😭
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
What's happening mods,,?...will you please explain?...I did not use those words!... 😭 😠
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Well,the very first word of my sentence...'A clown'--I did not write it-I wrote 'girl',,I don't know why the mod have edited it as 'clown' -there's no mention of 'clown' in the story! 😠
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
A girl who died about 100 years ago is showing herself up!...Oh My!...U have to be lucky to see her,Seriously! Well let me tell You what I feel she's very young (only 8) so please don't do anything that might upset the little girl. If you happen to see her again, tell her politely that it's now time she should leave this place (and must cross-over to the other world). Yes, this you should tell her even if she's not harming you.Well,just an opinion.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Very Interesting I think you should research the house and see if there is more information on it and its ocupents around the time Anna lived there, just an idea. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: