You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices In My Head Or?

Real Ghost Stories

Voices In My Head Or?

 

I've been having these weird dreams lately - some worse than the others. It's starting to really take its toll on me. And when I do get to sleep peacefully - I am usually awakened a few minutes later.

I usually come to my grandmothers in Texas every month or so. Usually for my college spring break and what not. But it wasn't until recently that I've started experiencing weird stuff in her brand new home. They believe I am imagining things - because it is a new house and it has its creaks and moans. But I will leave that up to you too decide.

It all started in December - my grandfather had to go to the hospital for a back injury - so I was house sitting. I would sleep in their bedroom - because let's face it - it was downstairs and by the alarm - it made me feel safe. I had just finished cooking dinner and got settled into the bed - watching my favorite movie, Hook. My grandmother called and said she would be coming to pick me up tomorrow so I could see my grandfather. So I decided to take a shower nothing fancy or long, just to wash my hair and the works. Well about halfway through the shower - I heard the door alarm go off saying, "Garage door." So I got out of the shower, turned off the water, and wrapped a towel around my body and went to the kitchen area to look out the window.

The door wasn't opened, so I thought I had one of those moments where you think you hear something but you don't. So I decided to go into the laundry room, I grabbed some clothes and changed. Again I heard the alarm go off. I got annoyed thinking it was my aunt or something coming to pick up canning material (my grandmother cans food for fun). So I unset the alarm, turned on the light and went to the garage door. I pulled on it and pushed on it - but it was locked. It sort of began to creep me out.

When I got back into the house (the door is less than 20 feet from the garage), I locked the deadbolt and the bottom lock. I even reset the alarm - and settled with the whole, "I'm getting worked up over nothing." So I quickly made me a shake before walking towards the door. I had one of those moments where I thought I dropped like a drop of the shake and stopped to bend down.

I stopped because I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise up and I could hear plain (but muffled) as day like they were right beside me, "Who do you think is in here with us?"

And I heard someone respond, "I don't know."

The second voice was more muffled than the first - quieter as well. But it was enough for me to run into my grandparents room and call my parents at 8 pm their time. My dad stayed on the phone with me while my mother called my aunt to go and check the house out. She said she didn't see anyone - but if I heard it again - call the cops.

-----

Now, I haven't heard voices in a while. But it was around 10 pm and I went downstairs to make me some coffee (I was working on my term paper). I stopped right by the front door like I did last time - like I couldn't move and I once again heard, "Who do you think is in here with us?"

But the second voice was different this time, instead of the same reply it was more like I couldn't understand it. But I think it or someone said, "------Do you think she can -----us?"

The lines were part I couldn't hear - so I woke up my grandpa and he grabbed his gun and walked outside. He walked around his property and said he didn't see or hear anyone.

-----

Today was worse for me. After I had gotten settled into bed last night, completely worn out - I began to doze off. But I was awakened by voices - like they were downstairs below me - and they weren't quiet either. They talked for maybe a good 2 hours before I could hear the stairs squeaking. I closed my eyes and pulled the covers over my head.

I tried to ignore the feeling all day and I stayed up until 3 in the afternoon before I was able to take a nap. It was my dream that creeped me out beyond compare.

I was sitting in my room and I heard the same voices talking - and for some reason it annoyed me. So I walked down the stairs and started towards my grandmothers office when the lights went out. I let out an angry sigh until the back up lights kicked in and I was able to see. As I moved towards her door, my head starting hurting - like I could hear a buzzing noise (kind of like the ring tones younger kids use in middle school to see if their teacher is deaf). I put my finger in my ear and opened it. I saw maybe like two men and a kid just sitting there. They were talking.

The younger man of the group looked up at the ceiling as if he heard something and said what I kept hearing in the house, "Who do you thinks in here with us?"

The older man who looked like he was in his late 60's looked towards him, shrugging. "-----Do you think she can hear us?"

But it wasn't the fact that their voices were the same that was freaking me out. It was the kid who was just staring at me - making goose bumps cover my arm. He then stood up and started screaming - it cracked the windows and as they cracked his face cracked - and let me tell you watching a kids face turn black then start to crack can jolt anyone up.

I sat up in bed and brought my hand up to my head because it began to hurt and I got up because I needed Advil. I walked down stairs and my grandmother looked at me and said, "Shawna your forehead is bleeding."

Sure enough I had a cut on my forehead and I had a piece of glass in it. How I got it? I will never be sure. But I can tell you this, I hate this house. I want to move. I want to go home. I'm scared. I'm genuiley beyond scared. I'm scared for myself and my grandparents.

I don't know if I was just having one of those moments where you start placing two and two together. But it was one of those moments that make me want to leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stereo_Hearts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostbeliever5 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
well it could that you are one of the people who can hear ghost or maybe its just imaginations? If you get a really strong feeling in the house then maybe there really are spirts... Also about your dreams, it chould be that your thinking about all of this in the back of your head so you have dreams becuase that's a common to have dreams OR it could a message? It up to you what you want to believe but if you are still insecure then you should bless that house ❤
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Better we would have ignore these entities as much as we can!
I know it's quite difficult thing but we should otherwise it will try to gather much attention of our towards them and then start possesion on us. 😲
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
I feel for you, Nearly everything that has happened to you has happened to me. But I'll tell you a seceret that may help, as it has helped me in the past! Don't let the spirits get in your head, ignore them as much as you can, they want attention, why do you think they fling things around rooms and turn on and off lights? Had I not tried this I very well may have gone insane! 😆 I do hope that everything works out for you try your best to ignore them! 😊

Good Luck and God Bless!

Ghostly98 ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
First...Research...it may not be the new home but the 'property' that is 'haunted'.

Second...The voices may be residual in nature... But your 'dream' seems to indicate that this may not be the case. That being said your 'dream' may have been just a dream... That incorporated things that have been happening around the home... The 'fractured' ending 'would have been' your 'nerves' waking you up from a 'nightmare'. There is one exception to that idea holding any credibility... It ended with glass cracking and breaking all over the place... Which brings me to my Third point...

Third...Did you ever figure out where the piece of glass came from? You mentioned your forehead was bleeding from a cut and you removed a piece of glass from it. Had you just been 'bleeding' there is a chance you just scratched yourself... But the odds of being cut by a piece of glass, while sleeping as a 'nightmare' ends with shattering glass... Those are pretty slim.

So I repeat... Research the Property... NOT the current house... But the property it sits on. Begin a Journal as well. The 'details' that emerge may help with the historical research.

Just a few Thoughts and Ideas. I do have a cleansing / shielding method I use for my Home and Family...it's yours for the asking.

Respectfully,

Rook
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I am starting to wonder if we are to ghosts as ghosts are to us. We can't always see them or hear them. So maybe we are the same way. You are probly freaking them out if they can't always see you and were discussing it when you walked in on them and just scared them a bit. Try comminutating with them and see what happens 😁
Best of luck ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
This sound really stressful, honey. & for that I'm sorry. I will tell you right now if these are spirits you are hearing & you go to a head doctor & tell them you hear voices they will diagnose you schizo-effective. I know this from personal experience. Even though I know very well I'm not. I do hear, see, smell & feel spirits. & if anyone ever tells you that spirits don't or can't hurt you, please don't believe it. They can & will if that is their intent & if they possess enough energy to get physical. If you believe in God I suggest you start praying & reading the word out loud every day. Talk to someone at your church to see if they can't help. If you don't participate in any religion there are a few friend here at YGS that can give you other suggestions that have been effective. You seem like you are ready to try anything & pretty desperate. Just fed up. I understand. I can help as much as I am able if you want to contact me, my email address is
Lotustopnotch8 [at] gmail.com
I have helped to many people with these problems. I am an ordained minister & licensed grief councilor. Just make the choice of which you are most comfortable & stay open. On the same token, there are some weirdos on here to that look for "projects" & offer help to do more damage than good. I wish you luck, honey. Stay strong, there is hope. I will keep you in prayer & please keep us posted! 😁

~LSD~
Stereo_Hearts (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I wanted to thank you guys for the positive and helpful advice. I will try and post more of my weird experiences.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
On the one hand, you should always listen to fear responses. On the other, some people get frightened whenever the "supernatural" reveals itself.

The part that causes me any concern is the glass in the head. Is it possible that you had a glass that got broken in there shortly prior to the experience? Sometimes, when we believe we have something in our house, we stop looking for the easy answer.

Also, take this for what it's worth as I read it on another site entirely, but one person said ghosts can't hurt you. (A West Virginia ghost site with a reported ghost hunter so may be valid advice may be "Hey look at me!")
luckydenvermint (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I really don't think the little boy means any harm... He seems curious and could be on the same level as you... Hearing voices and movement, but not fully understanding where or how to reach you.

If he had figured out that he could communicate with you in your dream, maybe he needed to put forth all of his energy to do so. That being said, I would be careful if you do fear these people. Have you ever tried to answer them?

Thanks and good luck!
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
you should go to a doctor first to make sure your mind is alright. If it is then you have some ghosts. For protection I recommend psalm 91 and 71 said out loud everyday. Also bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt left to evaporate in rooms tend to help. You may need to find a way to help these spirits move on. If you want help with that pm me.
Kieako (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
It is obvious that you have a few ghosts in your house, but so far they seem to be for the most part just curious and don't mean harm. The little boy thought does seem to mean harm. You are probably to some degree sensitive to soirit activity. I would recommend to either rely on your religon or to smudge the house. I have also found from personal experiance that burning white candles and haveing a dream catcher can help prevent these dreams.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: