You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Robed Figure From The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Black Robed Figure From The Closet

 

When I was a young boy around 7-8 years old I shared a bunk bed with my older brother, he slept on the top and I on the bottom. My room was about the size of a walk in closet with a small closet of its own in the very left hand corner of the room. Vaguely do I remember which month of the year this started occurring, but vividly I do remember the events that took place.

One night I climbed into my bed after playing video games out in our living room. As my brother was fast asleep as always, I was stuck wide away staring off into space. After a while of my thoughts running dry in my mind, I started to notice something in my closet.

As the figure came out of the closet I was speechless in fear I felt as if paralyzed. This figure was about 5'11" and had the blackest robe of any I have ever seen. Its face you could barely see but the bottom was a vague light yellow color.

I did not want to move nor draw attention to myself but I was sure it knew I was there. It slowly walked itself out of my closet and towards the side edge of my bed. It did not face towards but away and there it stood. I slowly tried to pull the covers over my frozen face to try to believe it was not real, but still I could not find myself to sleep.

The next day I was in the elementary school cafeteria where I began to tell one of my friends about this figure I saw. The so called friend of mine grabbed a teacher and she told me to stop telling scary things and that if I was scared to shine a light on this figure because it was not real. Being trembled in fear of this Shadowy Figure I thought this teacher must be mad to think I would take a light to this thing.

For the next few weeks this all continued on with myself being filled with fear until I could find myself asleep. This Black Robed Figure always approaching the side of my bed to stand there patiently as if to mock me saying I will do nothing. In those few weeks one of the nights my older cousin slept over. We set up his bed at the far edge of my bunk. That night as he slept, the shadow came out of my closet and stood next to him for about 20 minutes. After those minutes once again it stood next to my bed.

I never did figure out what this shadow was to this day. But now I have a fiancee and we share this room. I have told her of my story. Even now to this day I feel as if I am being watched from my closet sometimes. Or if I go out in the night time into my kitchen to get a drink or something I feel as if something is watching me, so I hurry back to my room as if I am being chased. My Fiancee has layed on the ground near my closet while doing some homework and has felt something was watching her from there, or as if something was wrong, so she moved away from it.

Now recently last night I woke up in the early morning of around 3-4am with seeing some figure near my TV so I went quickly back to sleep. I need help or guidance on what this is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mstjohn91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Markiza,

Just because Hollywood made it into a Movie does not mean it's true. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say you believe every 'Ghost Vid and Pic' you see on the internet.

MsJohn,

Please try this as it may just help, I use this for my Home and Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Mstjohn91 - I read this account a few days ago and was looking up reference material that could prove useful. I have not found anything yet, is why I chose not to comment on your experience, although I hope someone will genuinely be able to help you. YGS has a lot of very capable members.

What I was not expecting is someone with an opinion like that of Markiza. Looks like Miracles beat me to it, but I still feel that you need to tone down your imagination Markiza. The 'Bogeyman' was something my grandmother used to try to intimidate me with as a child and even then, I was not too disturbed. If you have so strongly stated your opinion, then it leads me to question - Have you ever been in a thinking zone and thought beyond what your immediate surrounding tells you? I assume not from your post. My advice would be to spend some quality time reflecting on your theory (ies) and understand where and why they come from.

Mstjohn91 - Seriously, don't worry about a 'Bogeyman'. You might have a different challenge here, and once you figure out how to tackle it, I am sure you are going to have a ball of a time doing it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Markiza - would you care to share with us what, exactly, you base your statements on? Especially these: "The Boogeyman starts to haunt and then prey on people from their childhoods on. Please beware of it as it can kill you."

To just toss as statements such as these, without backing them up with valid proof of your claims, does nothing except incite fear in some people. Please do not do that.

I checked your profile, and all you have is an email address. Nothing that shows to me that you might have had a justifiable reason for saying what you did.
Markiza (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
This Shadowy Figure is nothing but the Boogeyman - a dangerous monster who lives in closets. You never really see its face - it won't let you. And if all you've told here in your story is TRUE, then you're in big trouble. The Boogeyman starts to haunt and then prey on people from their childhoods on. Please beware of it as it can kill you. This thing, I believe, is interested in you, thus it won't let go of your fiancee either.There's no way you can get rid of him but confront him, which is a very risky business, but sometimes you have no choice. I would advise digging up your past for any similar occurrences, then it would be easier to deal with it. And try to keep your fiancee away from yourself until you sort everything out, if you don't want the ravenous crature hurt her.
Good luck!
DeafFlower (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
if you feel threatened, tell it in your head to go away otherwise you will make them. I know you may be scared of the ghost and may want to hide but just try it and once you do that try and say it out loud with the powers of your ancestors
haunted_childhood (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Quote: "Being trembled in fear of this Shadowy Figure I thought this teacher must be mad to think I would take a light to this thing."

Lol...this part made me giggle out loud! I'm not laughing AT you Mstjohn91, it just sounded funny the way you worded it. 😁
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Wow I like this story. Do you know the history of the property? You should check your closet and see if there is anything in there hidden away that might belong to a deceased that once resided there. It seems it wants to communicate.

Does this entity feel threatening?
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Hmm, I have Simple the same things I call it hooded figure It was right near my bed along time ago it sure scare me even when I try cover my head over the cover cause it's freak me out I was only 18 when I live on my own.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
I can't stand the shadow people. I hate these spirits. If you do believe in God & participate in church you should talk to one of the pastors on staff. I've seen these things my whole life. Dont try to talk to it. Just get rid of it. If you are open to it I can show you how.
Lotustopnotch8 [at] gmail.com

I deal with these things a lot & have had many successes. I am a minister & take these things seriously. What ever you choose, please get some kind of help. These things are really annoying & just want to keep you in fear. You know that, right? Best of luck. God bless you & yours. Please keep us posted.

~LSD~
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
like I mentioned before you should look for ways to get rid of this
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I would recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 from the king james bible everyday. Also put bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt in rooms where it manifests. If you want more help than that let me know
Mstjohn91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Also one night maybe 3-4years ago I was laying in bed by myself alone in my room as I was trying to sleep I felt some air on my feet which were sticking out from my covers at the end of the bed. So I thought my dog was in my room or the window was open, only I was to find out I was wrong.

I panicked and turned my lights on for the rest of that night, and since that day I always sleep with my feet in the covers.
Mstjohn91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Well when I was younger maybe 4-5 my grandfather died and once the light switch in the bathroom turned on by itself and flushed and the microwave turned on but that was that. This happened years later oddly enough.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
This really scares me, for some reason. Usually the black figure stories don't. But this one seems more plausible than others.

I hope I never encounter one.
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Seems like a spirit of someone who may have died a long time ago. I suggest you reach out; you should go into that room alone or with your fiance and ask the spirit what it wants or demand that it leaves and stop bothering you.
gmeaghan6666 (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Some ghosts are very shy and think that you won't like them so they just observe you but after a while they usually go away

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: