You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Old Cat?

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Cat?

 

Quite a while ago me and my family used to own a pretty little ginger cat, she was called Kitty and I had known her since I was born. She died a few years ago. After this I uncovered some old cat soft toys, there were 2 and one looked like my old black cat, Tinker (which I then named the toy) and the other one looked like Kitty (which I then named the toy). I gave them to my Mum because she was most upset about Kitty passing away but that's when weird things began to happen.

One night I was curled up in bed and my Mum came to check if I was alright and I felt a fur moving behind my back, I put my hand behind my back and pulled out Kitty (the toy). I put it down to my Mum moving it but it had been originally safely put away in my Mum's room. I was a bit surprised and put the moving down to me but when I tried to sleep I ended up getting into sleep paralysis and I couldn't move, I heard purring coming from my Kitty toy and that toy is not mechanical, my radiators were turned off and there were no cars or machinery outside my window.

Also, I was going to my friends party and I was upstairs in my room getting changed and trying things on when I noticed my closet door (which is quite stiff) begin to swing open. My door doesn't do that and I was freaked out and I went into fear paralysis (which is basically an old reflex which, when some people are completely afraid of something they just stop moving and can't move) and I heard a soft thud behind me. After that the door then began to slowly shut itself and didn't move again. I had calmed down by then and I turned around to find my Kitty toy on the floor facing the door. I couldn't understand how this had happened because the toy had been on my bed on the back wall so it was a good three-four feet away from my floor.

Can anybody help me with this because is it my cat? And does this mean there are 'others' in my household?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghosthorse123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
:D I can't help but to smile at the possibility that Kitty is still mucking you about after she's 'gone' - being a ninny and yet still perhaps a bit comforting. I secretly hope my own cat comes to visit me when she's passed. Thank you for sharing!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
fat_and_ginger,

Fine, NO PROBLEM I can say this with no hate towards you whatsoever...

I toss the BS Blankie on your idea that this individual should drop EVERYTHING and move.

To the O/P...

In my opinion the best way to figure out what may be happening in your home and if it's your beloved cat returning to check on you or 'something else' is to start keeping a Journal. This will allow to to record the details of each event and then you can compare them to see what is common about each. Please keep us posted and please do not beg your Parents to move because of these experiences... You may even want to ask if they are having any.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from fat_and_ginger is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Markiza (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
There is nothing surprising about your case. Such things happen to people pretty often. You're quite right to say that all this has something to do with your old cat. Pets, as well as people, have something of a "soul".There's always a bond between you and your pet. It continues to exist even after the pet dies. Apparently, the cat was much attached to you and your family, and is used to expressing its love in certain ways. It still remains by your side no matter what. And that "toy" is just a way through which your cat can occasionally remind you: "I'm here!" and you can again feel its presence. A funny thing to live with, isn't it?
MissKilahBaby (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Aw that's sweet that your kitty still loves you but then again that will still scare the jizz out of me 😭
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Wow what a sweet story. I think its great that Kitty stuck around it shows how much she loves you and still wants to be with you I think this is so very sweet. Thank you for sharing!.
detective3 (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
This story made me cry! My cat died and I actually told the future because seconds before he died I imagined him being attacked by this vicious dog and then straight after that I heard my mum screaming and I ran downstairs screaming because I just knew what had happened, even though I hadn't seen it yet. A few months after I started seeing white fluffy blurs on the stairs in the spot where my cat used to sleep, I found it very emotional and I sat above the step where the white blur was crying and stroking the mid air animal, I did not find it scary, I just knew that my cat was saying his final good byes and telling me he loves me, I have never told anyone this before. Your cat loves you and wants you to know that, do not be afraid and remember how beautiful animals are, how loving and loyal they can be and remember that your cats death is not the end of your life, it's a new chapter, a new beginning and how you used to cry will turn into moments where you laugh at the gorgeous things you cat has done, vive la cats! ❤ ❤ ❤
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Kitty still loves you and she is just letting you know that. She wants you to know that she will be there with you in life and in death. There is no reason to be afraid, but just be happy ❤
A-J-Ryder (3 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Hi Ghosthorse

Our dearly departed pets watch over us, just as our dearly departed family and friends do.

This deffo sounds like Kitty knows how much you all missed her and so is letting you know she is happy and still loves you.

If you feel scared about any of Kitty's antic's simply give her a gentle telling off, just like you would've done whilst she was alive. I have to still do this with my old cat, Skimble, whenever he starts licking the dinner plates in the washing up bowl - and he died in 2008! They may be in spirit, but it doesn't change their characters! LOL!

Be happy that Kitty is still around and treat her now, just as you did when she was alive, for she loves you very, very much.

AJ
X

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: