You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Still Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Still Scared

 

So I'm back again, still terrified with what is happening around home. On the weekend I went out to visit my partner's family as he has gone overseas for the moment and has been gone for 4 weeks. I enjoyed the afternoon but when it came time to go to bed I realised how scared I was and all the feelings of being out there came back. I've now realised I forgot to put this into my last story so here it is.

Long story short, I had a massive fall out with my family (perfectly timed on my birthday) which I then moved out onto my partners parents property with him where we moved into the granny flat which was vacant. It was an average place and the walk-in wardrobe was opposite the bed and every single night I couldn't help but feel terrified for what was inside there.

Days or nights when I would be really, really, really upset I would go in there and hide. I have no idea why but I was drawn to it. If I had to cry and be miserable it was inside there where I would shut myself in and not come out until I got over my moment. Other than that, I was absolutely terrified of it. Even during the day I would spend most of my time outside because I was too scared to go inside the flat in fear of what might come out.

If I were having a shower, my music would be turned off, the volume turned up or down or the songs would be changed, which I would brush off otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep at all.

I started to notice a few more things happening, like banging around the place and then especially the bathroom where I would wake up to crashing in there and the next morning wake up to find my stuff all over the bathroom floor. Never was it my partners stuff, just my shampoos, razors, soaps, etc.

One night I went to bed, which was a few days before he left. As I got comfy in bed I realised that the dreaded wardrobe door was open. Probably about 5-10 inches wide. I hit the panic button because I was so scared of it. So I jumped up out of bed and quickly shut it. I dozed off for what would have been about 20-30 minutes and woke up to my partner coming inside from the main house. (The door is extremely loud opening and shutting) I sat up and started talking to him and being normal and I realised he walked over towards the wardrobe door and shut it. It was wide open. But I had shut it before I went to sleep...

I questioned it to him but once again I was classed as going insane, and for overthinking everything. But it was virtually impossible to ignore this or not notice it at all. After eventually getting to sleep, I was woken up about 3am by my partner trying to wriggle out of my arms and saying "Wake up, did you do that" I thought he might have been sleep talking like he does sometimes, but no, he was talking to me indeed. And I realised that the lamp had been turned on. I'm a deadly spooner in bed, so I have my arms literally wrapped around whoever is in with me. Strange I know, but since I have been electrocuted, that's the only way that can relax me enough to doze off.

My mum is the only other person in my family who has experienced something in this house since I have been home. Which is detailed in my other story. Do you think that whatever it was out there has followed me back home? Can that happen? Am I slightly insane? I will admit, I do question my own life sometimes, can this be the reason why this thing is following me? I have tried communicating but nothing comes of it.

3 days ago, I was having a shower and I swore I could see a face out of the corner of my eye, so now, I can't even shower normally. I have to get my mum to stand at the bathroom door to make sure nothing attacks me while I'm in there. Its just beyond the point now of being scared. If I knew what it was, what it wanted and if its evil or whatever, atleast I wouldn't have to ask myself these questions every 5 minutes. Does anyone recommend a Ouija board? I heard they can be bad, but I'm not sure?

Thankyou for taking the time to read, I appreciate any comments, good or bad or just someone who can relate to what I'm going through.

Jenna xxxx

Other hauntings by JennaK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JennaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CelticCross2000 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
Try and stay calm. At this stage I would recommend you get a professional ghost hunter in like John Zaffis or something. You might want to try a holiday somewhere modern if you can. Keep some silver with you at all times it wards off evil spirits. Good Luck ❤
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Listen here Hun... NO BOARD ok its such I wild card you never know what will happen so be carefull
xxibonihs (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I have no idea what is bothering you or how you can fix it, but whatever you do... Do NOT use a Ouija board. That is the worst possible thing you could do. If anything, you'll be inviting whatever it is to do you even more harm and hardship. Try blessing your house or find a medium who will be able to tell you whether it is a demon or just a curious ghost, etc.
ghostpro123 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
if your considering a ouija board I would suggest otherwise because ouija boards have different effects on diferent spirits and the last thing you want to do is anger them.
Sunju (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
AJ's poltergeist theory is the most plausible, imo. The focus on one person, physical manipulation of objects, the change of atmosphere in the closet being a place of fear to one of comfort when you need comfort (which implies that you've subconsciously latched onto the wardrobe as a focal point), all of these points are key symptoms of a poltergeist (which is widely considered to be a subconsciously self-induced psychokinetic event).

Whatever your falling out was might have triggered this psychological response or just being away from family, feeling like you had nowhere to go back to might have done it. Regardless, taking whatever relevant steps you need to get some emotional stability, self confidence and freedom from your fears should give you freedom from this unpleasant ordeal, not to mention giving you a valuable perspective in regards to your life.:)
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
you say its just you this thing is making itself known to? Is it possible its the spirit of somebody connected to your boyfriend maybe has taken a disliking to you living there and is trying to scare you? Just thought id ask that. Personally I defiantly would not try a ouija board especially if your not familiar with using it, it could be dangerous. I would try the cleansing. I you are feeling that scared there must be a reason for it something seems to want to make you feel that way whatever its reason no-one should have to live in fear.

Good luck with whatever you do,
Teenagewitch21
Ghostbeliever5 (8 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
If you are that scared, then I think you should definitely try out oujia board! But remember to learn the rules or it might get worst! Any never do it alone get a friend or family members! Its too dangerous to do it alone! That's my advice:)
ShadowGirl123 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Well. I would be scared of that wardrobe as well. I hate open doors. For some reason they have always scared me. It's like an open door is an invitation for someone or something to come inside. Like I'm inviting them in. So I keep my doors closed. I recommend you do the same. Ouija boards work sometimes. You have to have at least 1 person you trust with you. Never do it alone. Some sprits want to talk and some don't, but don't get angry at it because if it is a bad spirit it could try and harm you or your boyfriend. ❤
detective3 (14 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Rook, thank you I never looked at it like that, but still ouiji boards bring up bad spirits sometimes.

Respectfully, Lilly (detective3) 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Pardon the interruption...

Detective3,

So do you think Ouija Boards are 'evil'? (quoted from your comment... "Ouiji boards are evil...")

Or (all 'horse poo' stories aside) do you feel more like this... "Ouji boards are sometimes very dangerous and threatening, some spirits that connect through Ouji boards are good but most of them are disturbed, angered spirits who are very troubled and traumatised and still can't have their peace..."

Bottom line (for me anyway) a Ouija Board is a Tool and a Tool is only as good and safe as the person (people) using it.

Respectfully,

Rook
detective3 (14 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Ouiji boards are evil, I was told a Far-fetched story about a young boy who was playing with a Ouiji board with his older sister and it said a specific date and some threatening sentences, on that specific date the Mum came in to wake her son up for school and found him in bed dead with the Ouji board lying on his bed, I believed the story at the time but now I think it's just a load of horse poo, but Ouji boards are sometimes very dangerous and threatening, some spirits that connect through Ouji boards are good but most of them are disturbed, angered spirits who are very troubled and traumatised and still can't have their peace, if you open a portal to the other side evil demons or spirits may come through. Also try talking to the spirit, say that your not afraid of it, because your the one with the power.

Please stay safe! I don't think your mad at all! Don't use a Ouji Board and stay strong! 😁

Kind regaurds, Lilly (detective3) 😊
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Jenna,

I can sort of relate to what you're going through. With me it's more of a thought or presence vs. What I see or hear because I don't see or hear anything abnormal when I have these thoughts. But I would let these thoughts or presence have their power over me and then would become so frightened to the point I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom.

It's sort of like a-j-rider said...it's bullying. It's also sort of like when an animal can sense you fear them or when you give a problem you might be having power to worry you.

Prayer, meditation and the oils and such recommended are tools that can help you. Also, you have to believe you have power over this thing so you can get rid of it. If you are always scared, it knows it can control you. Easier said than done... I know.

I have found that keeping myself busy with activities I enjoy, ridding myself of negative energy help the thoughts or presence disappear. Stay busy with work or activities you like during the day. I used to place a Bible under my pillow also to keep from having bad dreams. Please do what you feel is best according to your faith or spiritual beliefs to take care of yourself... Your spirit...your sanity. Don't let this thing drive you mad because if it knows it can... It will. Don't give it anymore power... You have the power.

Take care and please keep us posted.

*hug*
A-J-Ryder (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Hi again, Jenna

<quote>Does anyone think that because I'm down in the dumps that this thing is feeding off that? </quote>

Negative feeds off of negative, not just in the spirit world but also in our own dimention - get a group of anarchists and what do you get? Anarchy.

That's not that I'm suggesting you're a trouble-maker - lol! However, the more scared, fearful or depressed you become, the stronger it gets because it has power over you. Take away that feeling of fear or feeling of being overwhemed or out of control, and you take away its food source.

This is where the pink bubble (energy field) really does come into its own. Pink represents not only unconditional love, but also loving and respecting oneself (not in a vein way). If you feel good about yourself, then your outlook on life becomes much more positive. Negative can not feed off of positive, so starve it!

There are also various pure essential oils that help with self-confidence thus reducing stress or fear of the world around you, such as cinnamon, lavender, geranium (already mentioned) or Ylang Ylang.

<quote>Does it make me vulnerable? </quote>

Basically, entities such as these are nothing more than bullies. The more it bullies you, the more vulnerable it makes you feel because you don't know how to stand up to it. I know what that is like - I've been there myself. But I've learned a few 'tricks' over the years, one of the most universal of which is the energy shield.

<quote>I got no more than 3 hours sleep last night. The feeling of being watched was overwhelming. I end up sleeping with the light on. </quote>

Honey! It's not wonder you're having trouble sleeping - you've gotten completely stressed out about the whole thing - made worse, probably, because your family don't quite believe what's happening!?

</quote> And everyone thinks I'm mad! </quote>

Well, I don't! I can sympathise because I was you 25 years ago!

Here are just a few other things I've done over the years, some of which you might find useful:

Rose quartz crystal:
Place under your pillow or next to your bed. Also worth carrying around in your pocket during the day. When feeling particularly stressed out, hold it firmly for a few minutes.

Chakra set:
Carry around with you to help balance your energy

Bible:
Lords Prayer and Psalm 23
I've been known to sleep with a Bible under my pillow from time to time.

Burning pure essential oils:
Cedarwood - Good for anxiety, worry, other stress-related disorders, paranoia; improves focus, strength of purpose, stability
Cinnamon - Helps reduce instability, fear, bleakness, depression; provides positively
Frankinsense - Good for exhaustion, panic attacks, anxiety, nervous tension and other stress-related disorders; calms the mind; provides inspiration and emotional stability
Geranium - Healing; good for acute fear, extreme mood swings, balance, tranquillity, humour, nervous tension and other stress-related disorders
Lavender (Do not use if you suffer from low blood pressure) - Healing; good for anxiety, nervous tension, stress-related disorders, inner peace, awareness, balance, relaxation, rejuvenation
Sandalwood - Balances emotional state. Calming.
Ylang Ylang - Uplifting, calming, balancing; good for anxiety, nervous tension, depression and stress-related disorders, impatience, fear.

AJ
X
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
[at] Rook, you're always there for everyone.

[at) Jenna, my Mum always uses 'Dragon Blood'. It's an incense that is meant to cleanse the house of unwanted spirits. I hope this has helped.

Thanks! Cocoa 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Pjod,

😁 From my profile...

"Rook Dygin = (Rook = Ancient Bird of Lore / Wisdom... Dygin (pronounced Gin) = play on words meaning the Eastern Jinn...magical, mystical beings from ancient Eastern teachings.) "

As for that method I use and recommend...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
JennaK (6 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Thankyou all so much. It's nice to know that people would rather help than automatically assume that I'm going insane! I am 19 turning 20. Does anyone think that because I'm down in the dumps that this thing is feeding off that? Does it make me vulnerable? I got no more than 3 hours sleep last night. The feeling of being watched was overwhelming. I end up sleeping with the light on. And everyone thinks I'm mad!: (
critacal_gamer91 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
don't use a Ouija board if whatever you have is good and you use a Ouija board you could get something much worse. Cause to use it you have to open a portal to the other side
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Loca_Mocha: Ouija board can be a great tool if you know how to use it you have to do a cleansing process and it is a great hassle making sure you fix everything you did

Supernaturalservices: I don't think you understand that not everyone has faith in the bible I don't mean to offence but I notice that you have suggested that before, I think you should be more open to other suggestions like ones that might not be isolated to a certain group of people
hmmm001 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
smoke is not a good idea to use.
Thses things feed on smoke... Your in a sense making them drunk so they go passive that's all... It will just come back later.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
I would like to help you. If it is demonic I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 before sleeping and when waking. Also small bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt left to evaporate in all rooms of your house will weaken the hold of this spirit on this plane of existance. I also recommend frankincense and myrr burning in a censor. Go through every room with the smoke. Another thing that works in mustard seed and chyanne pepper burning. If it materializes get something made of iron and pass it through the materialization. Make sure the part you hold is wrapped by a cloth or something. I would like to help you make this stop. I also like the bubble method already given. If you need anything pm me.
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
No matter what you do, DO NOT USE A OUJIA BOARD! I thought it would be fun once and then I ripped it up and now I have things in my closet! Oujia boards can be very dangerous and if this thig IS evil then a oujia board could just make it mad. 😢 If you feel threatned try cold iron or go to a pro ❤
hmmm001 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
try this... Play it loud

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNU93Vnu_o

Keep me updated
A-J-Ryder (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Hi Jenna

You will be pleased to hear, you're not going mad.

First question: How old are you?

This sounds more like (self-constructed) polterguist activity to me, more than demonic or earthbound energy. My advise would be to stop letting it control you, rather take control of the situation yourself.

A quick and easy way to achieve this is to start getting into the habit of placing yourself and your home in a 'bubble' (energy shield). They are really simple to make and stop negative energy from taking hold and 'feeding' on other peoples energy.

Here is what you do:

The first few times you try this, it may seem a little awkward but please do not worry. Once you have got the hang of it, bubble building is very simple and can be achieved in a matter of seconds.

1. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. This will help to relax you and clear your mind.

2. When you feel ready, imagine a small speck of pink light in the centre of your heart. Imagine it just shimmering there, like a pink star.

3. In your own time, imagine this twinkling pink light gradually expanding outwards, filling up your whole heart. Then, imagine it expanding further as it gradually starts to shine thought your whole body. In effect, this pink light is like your blood force, reaching every part of your physical being.

4. Once you are happy that your body is completely filled with the pink light, imagine the light expanding out further still, past your physical body and out approximately 3ft / 1m in every direction outside of you, with your body in the center of it. In other words, it is as if you have an invisible wall of bright, pink light that is completely surrounding your physical being. If you wish for the bubble to 'consume' the whole house, simply continue to extend the bubbles boundry until it expands past the boundries of your home.

5. In your own time, imagine a beam of pure white light coming down from the heavens, through the crown of your head and down to the centre of your heart when the pink light originated. This is known as the God source and is the pure love, which God represents.

6. Optional: Christian's quite often like to place a gold cross above their crown for spiritual wisdom. The Star Of David, Star and Crescent or any other religious symbol would work just as effectively, if desired. However, this is purely down to preference so, by not placing any symbol above the crown will not affect the bubble's effectiveness

Energy shields built in this way typically last between 24 - 36 hours. So, simply repeat the process on a daily basis for as long as you feel you need to.

Good luck and hope this has helped.

AJ
X
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Hi Jenna, an Ouija board is a very dangerous tool for someone who doesn't have the knowledge of how to operate it. Doors and portals to the spiritual world can be opened that you might wish never opened with it.
My suggestion is the three day recipe of house cleansing from Rook. I agree Pjod-poor Rook. He could have been rich by now with all the overtime he puts in here... But we can thank him for being such a good teacher.
I did Rooks house cleansing method and it worked for me 100%, but do exactly what he says and you will be fine. You will get his recipe all over this site. Just click on his name and you can reach him on his profile.
Take care. Trix.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
😁
Poor Rook. No one can seem to get his name down. I do like the Djinn though- puts a whole new spin on his username.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Well The best advice I can give you is try to get in touch with Rookdjinn he has instructions for a house cleaning to get rid of unwanted spirits. You can also try Frank incense & Myrr it smells good and the spirit beings called Jinns don't like it they will leave. I hope every thing works out thanks for sharing. P S Rookdjinn puts many posts on this sight so you should be able to reach him here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: