You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I'm A Better Kicker Than You

Real Ghost Stories

I'm A Better Kicker Than You

 

Last night Rob (my husband) and I were cleaning out the office, in preparation for painting the walls. We moved out everything from the closet, the desk and the shelves, then started the process of disassembling the shelves and his dad's desk so we could get them out the door. There were TONS of paper clips, so I started putting them in a pint sized canning jar. I couldn't believe how many there were, and asked Rob about it. He told me that he and his dad used to make paper clip "footballs" and shoot them through their outstretched fingers. He said that he was always the best shooter, and his dad always said he cheated. I told Rob that I used to do that too, and if his dad was still alive, I would have been the winner in the house.

While I was waiting for my husband to come back with a screwdriver, I noticed that we had spilled some paper clips, and proceeded to pick them up and put them in the jar. While I had my back turned to the doorway, I heard what I thought was my husband's footstep, followed by something bouncing off my head twice. I turned around to give him an earful for messing around and such, but he wasn't there. I walked out into the hallway to see if he was joking with me, and I didn't see him there either.

So I said my usual, "Look, Brad, we REALLY need to get this done, so PLEASE don't mess around right now." (For those that haven't read my previous story, Brad was my father-in-law, who passed on.)

I went back into the office, and found 2 little brass-looking paper clips, sitting not far from where I had bent over to pick up the others. I smiled a bit and picked them up to place them in the holder. Rob was taking forever downstairs, so I called him from one floor away on his cell to tell him to get a move on. He laughed and said he was on his way back up right now, and asked me why didn't I answer when he called my name. I told him that I hadn't heard him call me, and asked him what he needed.

He came back in and told me that he was out looking for a screwdriver, and he thought I had thrown something at him. When he turned around, he didn't see me, but that I had left behind my weapon. He opened his hand and showed me 2 brass-looking paper clips. I told him what had just happened to me, and we laughed a bit.

While Rob got to work taking apart the desk, I occupied myself with sealing up boxes so as not to get any paint on the books, important papers or office supplies we had just removed from the desk. All the sudden I hear Rob say, "Really? You just bawled me out for wasting time, and now you're throwing stuff at me?" I turned around and told him I had no idea what he was talking about, I hadn't thrown anything this time either. I told him that I had a tape gun in my hand, and wasn't even facing his way. He looked down and sure enough, there were 2 more brass-looking paper clips. He laughed and said, "Alright, dad, you were the BEST paper clip kicker EVER, and we bow to you!"

As the day went on and we started moving stuff out into the garage, all was quiet. Not a single paper clip was thrown. It seems that my father-in-law disagreed with my husband and I on who exactly was the best paperclip kicker.:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AppleSauce27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I'm so sorry I have been away and didn't see that question. Yes, Brad is my father in law and he tends to like to joke with us. He seems to think 2 am is a GREAT time to do so, and that story will be coming soon. Thanks
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
again, wonderful post MizMiMi, enjoyed reading this one too I am waiting with high hopes for your next post, I'm sure it will be a great read, just like the rest
Carl
P.s adding them all and you to faves 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
roseinbloom - I wasn't sure when MizMiMi would see your question so I thought I'd answer it. FIL means father-in-law; Brad in this case.

MizMimi - sorry for answering for you, but I'm never sure when/if someone will see their comments in time to answer the question.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
MizMiMi, in your resonse, you stated that "your fil" also passed away here. Who is "fil"? You said that most of the stories in the house involve him.
Thank you for the clairification. ❤ 😕
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
I also would love to comment that I really like reading the story of your playful ghost father in law
I love playful ghost there fun
I don't like the ones who want to do evil to you or scare you cause there angry so on
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Sounds like something the ghost in my house would do. One is my grandfather and other is an old friend of the family. I would had fun with your father in law. Sounds like you guys have lot of fun with his ghost still
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Hi all, and thanks for reading. Now that I think about it, it might have been April fools day, but I'm not positive on that. Yes we do live in the house my husband grew up in, my fil also passed here so we see this activity in a regular basis. Most of my stories involve him, but I also have some that I will be posting that involve our other "issues" here. Again, thanks for reading.:)
danica (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
MizMiMi,

I really like your stories, Hope you'll share more. 😁
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
That's a really lovely story, thanks for sharing! That's the kind of story that makes the hairs stand up on the back of the neck of even the most hardened skeptic. I can't concoct ANY logical explanation for that. I can't even claim that it must be a fake because the level of detail and the nature of the detail makes it totally believable; undeniable, almost. Thank you:)
DeafFlower (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Wow, that is a lovely story just try and challenge him once in a while for a game see who wins lol ❤ ❤
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Awwwwwww, One of the sweetest stories here in a long time. I truly enjoyed reading it. One question, was the house you were in, his home, as well? 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
MizMiMi,
I noticed the date this was published, and knowing from experience that sometimes it can take a day or so before the accounts get put up for our reading, I just have to ask one question. The day this occurred couldn't also have been April Fools Day, could it? 😉 It just seems that it would follow along with his nature, that's all.
Either way, it was a very sweet thing for your husband to do by giving in. Thank you for sharing.

Jav ❤
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
MizMimi - Absolutely delightful read for me. Thanks for sharing.
😊
detective3 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Oh yay! I'm the first one to comment! That is cute about how maybe Brad disagreed! But I'm so sorry about your father-in-law! 😭
I wish you the best!

Cheers, Lilly (detective3). 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: