You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Back from the Dead?

Real Ghost Stories

Back from the Dead?

 

Here's a strange thing that happened the day before yesterday. A shop owner, across the street from where I live, had a heart attack. He was sitting on a bench in front of his store with some friends when he suddenly grabbed his chest and collapsed. Awaiting the ambulance, bystanders tried to revive him, but he had stopped breathing and everyone feared he was dead.

When the ambulance/doctor arrived, they proclaimed him dead. They were about to cover him up with a blanket, when he suddenly woke up. We all concluded that the doctor had probably made a mistake by proclaiming him dead. He was taken to the hospital for observation. There he told his wife that he was headed towards 'another place'. When he was about to enter this place his (dead) brother appeared out of nowhere and told him that he could not enter looking the way he did. His clothes were all dirty. So he was to return and get some clean clothes.

That's when he woke up. Nobody knows what to make of it. His wife is a bit scared of him now and his family members are convinced he had actually died, and that something else took over his body. I think he had a near death experience, but I'm not sure. This is the first time I've witnessed something like this.

Other hauntings by asje

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

textbud13 (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Well if he's only make to get some clothes that might mean his time is apporching is he dead now because your story is dated 2007 and now it's almost 2012 (worlds going to end in a year😊nah I don't beileve that
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I suppose maby it just wasent his time to die and was sent back. If the man hasent changed personalities that munch then I believe its him
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Alot of incident like that all over the world. Someone past away and then come back within an hour... It doesn't happen everyday but it does happen. Not everything is related to super natural
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi yes I do believe what he had said why would he make something up cause he wouldn't. People
can be dead and later come back to life. Its strange in away I know but it happened to this boy I know. Would people say he is a miracle in a way Cause he fighted death off. I enjoyed reading this story. Thanks for sharing it with us. 😊 You shouldn't be scared. When after my granddad died I had dreams of him coming back to life. I'm not sure if he did and he had the same as this man. Bit strange don't you think. I had that nightmare once every year for 5 years that my granddad came back to life and I was teh only one who could see him he was running after us guess that was saying he misses us in a way and he doesn't want to be left on his own.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
How sad to be granted to return to life and have those who fear you as a result! If he was a good man and I was his wife, I think I would rejoice.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
The gentleman is out of the hospital and seems to be OK. I hope his family will soon agree that it is really him and not 'something else'. Funny I always heard/read about a 'bright light at the end of a tunnel'. This man however was about to enter some village, with people all around who were going around their usual business.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
Dear asje,

I agree with you that it does sound like this gentleman had a near death experience. He had a heart attack and was about to cross over, but it was obviously not his time. His brother showed up in a way that would be most comfortable and acceptable for the man to understand that he needed to return to his body. Thus, he returned to his body and has now resumed his present life. Obviously due to other people's fears and superstitions his present state of being back in body and alive has not gone over well with the scared and skeptical, except of course you the author. Thank you for sharing your story.--Abby
CivicGuy (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Well, as far as someone on their way and being stopped. My dad was the driver in a fatal car crash that killed his brother and a younger friend, however he ended up flying out of the sunroof and landed inthe street. He says he remembers seeing his brother as the sat in what he rememebers being like a window sill or a ledge, and his brother said to him 'its okay johnny, you go back' my dad then said he went to respond but instantly fell backwards off of the ledge and woke up with flashing lights all around him in the middle of the road.

So it's halfway believeable to me...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: