You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Brother And The Demons

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother And The Demons

 

My father is a pastor. Satan hates Christians, and he especially hates pastors. Since the age of six, my brother has been getting attacked by demons. I do not remember any of these times, for it was a long time ago. However, there are some recent ones.

The one that scared me the most happened about a year ago. My brother barged into my room and he had animal-like scratches all over his face and neck. I asked him what had happened, for I thought he had done it to himself, or the dog did it. He said that it had happened all of a sudden, after he had told a girl from our church about the demons. He told me that the demons do not want other people to know.

Another one took place before we moved to Tennessee. My brother was about 13 years old, and he and his girlfriend had had sex. My brother told his best friend about it, who told his mom. His mom told my mom. One day when my brother visited his best friend, his mom asked to speak to him. They went outside and she apologized for telling my mom.

My brother said that they needed to stop speaking about this, for the demons were telling him to say awful things and were burning him every time he did not say those things. Right after he said this, she ripped off his shirt and started writing symbols all over his back. After she had written many on his back, he said that they had stopped. She claimed that while she was doing this, they were burning her feet.

Yet another time, my brother came into my room and asked me to walk with him into the kitchen because each time he walked past the living room (which you have to walk past to get into the kitchen), where the fire place is (and it was on), he would hear high pitched raspy voices saying "Burn in fire! Go to hell!"

This activity has pretty much stopped because my brother recently became a better Christian and the demons have lost hope in trying to turn him away. I think they haunted him instead of me because he is the first born, therefore being slightly more important to my parents.

Now activity has started with me, but nothing severe, because I am a pretty strong Christian.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChloeIsHaunted, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
And Shaitan hates Muslims, Lucifer hates Mormons, Beelzebub hates Catholic Christians, Old Scratch hated Martin Luther so much he gave him bowel troubles.
And so it goes, you know you don't have a proper cult (religion) until you're being persecuted by someone/anyone, even if they don't exist.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Cocoa,

There are many, many Cleansing/Shielding Methods out there. Mine is simply the one I have developed over many years of research and use by myself and for/with my Family.

I do know of the 'properties' of Dragons Blood incense, and I do use it in my home, but as far a a full 'cleansing/protective method' based on the incense alone, I am unfamiliar with something like that.

Your enthusiasm is refreshing, but we always must remember to look before we leap.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Rook I had found the story but it seems you had put it as a dream and it has come to me that maybe it was how you put it. And I believe it had only happened 1 hour ago! I find it lovely you want to help so many people.

Thanks! Cocoa 😊 ❤
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Thanks for understanding rook. I shall try and search through old stories of the past to to if I spot it. By the way, have you heard of another cleansing technique? Because I think you could offer one that I have researched and actually done. It's the 'Dragon Blood' method. You basically light the incense known as 'Dragon Blood' and it cleanses and protects anyone in distance of it. I use it so I'm safe from nasties like demons.

Thanks! Cocoa 😊 ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Cocoa,

As entertaining as these experiences can be we should remember to keep an open mind, read everything that is being 'said' and consider all the possible things that may explain what is happening to the O/P.

If you remember the experience please let me know which one it is, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Oh my! I'm sorry rook! I have a habit of reading fast and didn't really see the 'animal' part of description. I was going to refer to you in a story about a person who needed help with demonic figures, but stupid me, I forgot. If I could only remember what story it was! Well anyway I'll definitely read thouroughly next time!

Thanks Cocoa 😊 ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Cocoa,

I'm glad you are speaking your mind... You have every right to do so but please go back and re-read this experience. Look at each 'encounter' described in detail and then make two lists... One needs to be Titled 'Natural Causes' and the other 'Paranormal Causes'. When you are done compare them and see how many more 'Natural Causes' there are compared to 'Paranormal Causes'.

Remember all Natural Causes have to be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
I'm not going to go into too much info, considering I'm Catholic but still not 'into' studying the religion. I'm just going to speak MY mind and say ' I think it's a demon.' I don't care if it involves criticism, I'm speaking MY mind and no one else's.

Thanks. Cocoa 😊
Sunju (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Hooch, it's cute that you think I'm purposely misleading people. Paranoid and kind of creepy, but cute. As I said I'm not a believer, so my interpretations of the multitude of examples of God's protection against evil are fairly limited. Thank you for pointing out my error. Thank you for also making it look like you think I'm part of some End of Days conspiracy, because I just haven't had my fill of crazy today. If that's not the case, then I suggest reading what you write before publishing. The idea that God wants you to have faith in him, but will test that faith by allowing evil to do whatever it wants with you is just a measure employed to keep the faithful believing even when they run into the inevitable personal disasters, which everyone runs into, and then receive no help whatsoever. Or so it seems to my faulty logic. But enough theology, I think that's looked down upon on this site. Sorry for running the comments off the correct rails.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Bjj: Welcome back!...You've been missed...Really!...Like, lots and lots! ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Chloe, this is a serious issue you want advice on. As others have asked, has your family taken your brother to a health professional to be evaluated? No mention is made here of what your family has done to establish the nature of your brother's problems. One treatment does not fix all problems, so you have to know what is really wrong if you have any chance of making it right.
My mother has had psychological issues for as long as I can remember. When I was very young, our pastor informed my mother that her problems were spiritual, not psychological. He advised her to stop seeing her therapist, throw away her medication, and spend more time reading her bible and praying. She did as he advised. She made her first suicide attempt a few months later. Fortunately, my father got off work early that day and caught her before she could pull the trigger. Needless to say, he got rid of all of his guns the next day. She made several more suicide attempts, and countless suicide threats... All because some preacher with no knowledge of psychology told her that her problems were spiritual.
The point of me sharing that is to show you that ignoring psychological issues to treat spiritual issues is incredibly dangerous. There is nothing sinful or wrong in seeking medical/psychological care.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Nice try Sunju, but that verse "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3) is not meant to be plucked out of context and used as a stand alone doctrine.

The quote you gave is taken from a warning to the church at Thessalonica by Paul to stand firm in the face of "persecutions and tribulations" even into the end times when Satan's influence will be rampant for a time upon the Earth. The very fact that he is warning them about future problems belies that Paul, the author, understands that there WILL be problems caused by Satan for the believers. This verse was to let them know that God is faithful and will not forget about them, even if it may seem that way for a time (obviously paraphrasing here).

If you are going to try and mislead people about the Bible, here is the best example of that being tried by the father of deceit himself.

Matthew 4
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:
'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'"
7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the LORD your God.'"
Jesus calls out Satan for the same faulty logic you used.

There are plenty of places in the Bible that say persecution WILL come to believers simply BECAUSE they are believers. I can quote more examples if you want, but I will to try to keep this as brief as possible though so here is just one blatant example of Satan being allowed to trouble a believer (at least for a time). Paul wrote this too.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NKJV
The Thorn in the Flesh
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God does not promise believers they will never be persecuted, rather that He will not ever leave them to face it alone. God operates upon His own timetable, he is not a wish (or defense) vending maching where we say words, turn a crank and always get exactly whatever it is we asked for right then and there.

The Bible also warns believers to be wary of people who will try and twist the Bible's teachings into to say things it is really not saying.
Sunju (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
"This activity has pretty much stopped because my brother recently became a better Christian and the demons have lost hope in trying to turn him away."

They were trying to turn a Christian away from his faith by tormenting him and telling him to burn in hell? That's not how you go about corrupting someone's faith. Doing that would only push someone towards the Lord. It sounds like psychosomatic symptoms as a result of Manic Depression or just plain old fear, stress and a strong belief in this kind of thing. The mind is capable of amazing things, including self destructive processes. It can also be experienced by other people if they're wound up in a similar way. Mass hysteria, group hallucinations, group mentality, etc... Most of the instances I've read about occur to a religious populace. St.Elmo's fire is the most popular such instance. We're built to respond to one another in every possible way. People who don't think, feel or act the way the group does are seen as strange, scary, repulsive, the list goes on. Humans evolved as family oriented animal, coupled with our ability to grasp complex abstract concepts (the defining aspect of our superior intelligence) led to innumerable complications mentally and emotionally.

God's protection against evil spirits (demons) was promised, so if a cross and a prayer don't make them bugger off then it's likely not spiritual in nature or it's something other than demons.

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

God's word is law. If you have faith in him and ask him for protection, then it is given. Anything else is impossible. Personally I'm not a believer, but the book speaks for Him.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
I didn't mean to come off like I was rubber stamping this experience as it was explained. I don't even know what to make of the writing symbols on someone's body as was described, but I don't have to. The veracity of the original post has no bearing upon the veracity of the information that I provided in my first post.

When I make a comment I try to not judge if I think someone is telling the 100% truth or not and simply just try to answer whatever questions they ask to the best of my ability. That is why a lot of desperate people come to YGS, to ask questions and seek advice. If by chance what is explained in an original post is not true, perhaps something I post may help a subsequent reader who IS having the problem originally described.

People in general, but especially people who are in trouble spiritually, are not keen to be judged. This can (and has) led to people not even posting their accounts for fear of ridicule or being called a liar. I have been contacted by (and helped) people who never post what is happening to them on YGS. It is not our place to judge one another, just to hold each other accountable to the rules of our society in general.

This next comment is not directed at any particular post or person, but there seems to be an awful lot of judging going on here at YGS lately. If we read something that we think is patently false, why not just ignore it and deny the troll that spawned the falsehoods the attention they so desperately crave? I think the number of trolls on YGS would wane, not continue to grow from the constant diet of attention they so desperately crave and are currently receiving here.

In this case, I was trying to explain how I have experienced supernatural oppression to work, that it is a real thing and tried to explain to the poster who tagged their post that they wanted help and would join the discussion how demonic oppression can work and why it can come about in the first place. If this case truly is describing a case of demonic oppression, what I explained may be of some help to her and her family.

Also, after the first two comments on this story, I wanted to make sure that at least someone stated that it DOES matter what one's relationship is with God regarding vulnerability to demonic attack and can also effect the timing of any help that could be expected once God is asked for help.

Of course mundane explanations should be looked into and crossed off the list as possibilities in any strange situation, but supernatural explanations should not always be automatically shunted to the back of the bus in every situation up front either. It is usually neither difficult nor counterproductive to pursue solutions to both mundane and supernatural possibilities to any given situation at the same time if that situation carries the signatures of both. In fact, mundane explanations that can be explained by a doctor or other professional are usually more expensive and difficult to obtain than spiritual help, so why not pursue the spiritually angle along with the mundane if it is a possibility?

Granted, my original post could have made these points more clearly. I was trying to be brief, which I have not tried at all to do in this post in the interest of clarity. Sorry for the long read.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Hoochler,

Your points are many and well taken however 'natural causes' either were not considered or just not mentioned in this 'experience' so before we go 'jumping' on the demon band wagon all issues mental and medical need to be addressed before we can even consider 'Spiritual Warfare /Demonic Oppression'.

I think there are to many 'natural causes' that have not been addressed in this experience... From the marks on her brothers face to the Friends Mothers 'burning feet'...and while having 'sex' at 13 may be the result of giving into temptation it does not take the Influence of a demon to cause those urges...

ChloeIsHaunted,

Could you please tell us if all medical / mental avenues were considered in the case of your brother's experiences or with your 'increased activity'? Did your Parents just 'default' to all of these events being 'Demonic'...and of course with your personal 'experiences' are you sure these are not due to 'normal' changes a growing person experiences due to Hormonal Changes rather than the 'influence' of a 'Demonic Presence'? Keep in mind I ask as a Christian and Priesthood Holder for my chosen Faith.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Respectfully,

Rook
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Moongrim:

Sometimes you really crack me up. I like your cynicism today:).

ChloeisHaunted:
I've been trying to think how to respond to your story without offending. I was raised in a charismatic church myself, and I know how it is taught that demons are behind everything from lust to a simple cold. It is important to have a discerning eye when looking at these things.

I agree with the others that your brother should be evaluated by a mental health professional, just to see if there is another explanation for the occurrences. No one here is saying that you aren't telling the truth, but you haven't discussed whether your brother was evaluated by a MHP, and that does need to be done. If he has, then that lends credibility to the claim that he is being attacked by evil spirit (s).

I definitely believe in spiritual warfare, but I also believe that you have to be willing to consider another (medical) explanation.

Elle0309
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Yowza.

I'm not the least bit religious, and I don't have ANY problems with ghosties.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
I misread part of the story. I thought your brother was drawing symbols on HIMSELF. But my theory of a wild animal or mental illness still stands.
RainLilly (36 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Um, wow. Just...wow.
I don't really know how to put my thoughts into words without sounding harsh, but I'll try. I apologize in advance if I fail.
Do your parents know about these "demons?" What have they done in order to protect your brother? Did they check out his room to make sure there was nothing in there that could have scratched him? Look into the possibility he may have scratched himself? He could have gotten an insect bite and scratched himself harder than intended, or had an allergic reaction to something, even his bath soap or laundry detergent, that caused him to scratch himself, there are plenty of non-demonic possibilities. Have they taken him to a doctor for any sort of evaluation, just to make sure he has no psychological issues?
Has anyone considered that power of suggestion is playing a large role in this? That maybe there isn't really a demon, that this kid is just reacting to the attitudes of people around him? It seems like a lot of religious hysteria is going on here and that could be influencing your brother's perception of these experiences. In all honesty, if a kid told me a demon was burning him, my reaction would not be to snatch his shirt off and draw symbols on him. I would be concerned that would feed his fears even more. In my opinion, it really sounds like most of this boy's problems could be solved with a little more logic and a lot less superstition.
If I'm way off, and all the logical possibilities have been thoroughly explored and proven false, then what has your pastor father done on the spiritual front to protect the family? If the problem is demonic in nature, then I just don't get why it's still going on, and now affecting you.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Satan and his demons are real, as is spiritual warfare. One is likely to experience demonic attack when they either decide to change their life and start to earnestly seek God's face or if they already know God's face but are trying to influence others to seek God's face.

Someone who already has a strong relationship with the Lord likely already has a hedge of protection around them that limits demons ability to directly oppress them. If such a person seeks to warn others about Satan / his demons or to just influence other people to seek a strong relationship with God, especially if that influence is both very public and effective (influence like an anointed pastor would have), Satan takes notice and wants to stop this process.

If Satan cannot touch someone directly (because of their hedge of protection), he will go after that which they love most that he can touch, and that is usually that person's children.

This pressure on the children is meant to coerce the parent to quit whatever it is they are doing.

For the oppression to stop, each individual child in the family involved needs to cultivate their own strong relationship with God to have their own hedge of protection. This requires time and persistence. It would be an imposition upon the child's free will if the parent's hedge were allowed to protect the child once the child was old enough to make their own decisions.

Crecentblue03 said:
"And if you believe in God regardless of your religion if you turn to him he will help you all that is needed to be done is turn to him. I would do my best to pray for help if I were you"

This is a good start, but believing in God is not the same as knowing God and having a strong day to day relationship with Him. After all, even Satan and his demons believe in God and that is not doing anything good for them (because their relationships with God are ruined). Prayer is where it all starts though, regardless of how long the journey ends up being.

What is described as happening by ChloeIH is entirely possible. My family and I lived through intense spiritual warfare that was centered around my daughter. We overcame this oppression with the Lord's help.

I promise all the people out there who see themselves as too mentally sophisticated to believe that spiritual warfare is even possible that it is and that one day they will see the truth for themselves, one way or another.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
I agree with the other commenter, if a demon is going to attack it will regardless of your religion. And if you believe in God regardless of your religion if you turn to him he will help you all that is needed to be done is turn to him. I would do my best to pray for help if I were you, and this is advice from a devout Muslim. I wish you the best, Thank you for sharing your story, I hope they stop bothering you sooner than later Thank You.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Why would you're older brother be more important than you? Shouldn't parents love all their children the same?

How can you be absolutely sure this was a demon? Your father is a pastor, correct? Who's to say your brother wasn't exposed to symbols in a lesson or something to that degree?

How can you be sure your brother didn't suffer mental illness? Did anyone even bother getting him evaluated? Did anyone check to make sure a wild animal wasn't in your brother's room? The answer is not always going to be supernatural. And I doubt demons care what religion people practice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: