You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Never Ending Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Never Ending Night

 

My name is Niki from New Delhi. Since my childhood I've had several paranormal experiences. I always felt I could see and feel the supernatural. Being a kid, nobody believed me so I rather keep my experiences to myself and related it to those who faced similar experiences.

This incident occurred when I was in Kolkata during my college days. I used to rent a flat with five other girls. The flat was a two-story building with just two houses. One was ours and the other on the second floor belonged to two old ladies who never really interacted with us. They were weird anyways. It was a huge flat with three very big rooms. I used to stay in a single room, four girls in adjacent room and the last room was given to another girl. The four girls opted to stay together in the same room. There was a dining area in the centre with kitchen opposite to it. I always found the dining area very weird as the walls were black, as if they were burnt.

Three girls from the adjacent room used to work in call centres, so they arrived at 2:00am each day. That night Shweta (the girl from their group), the last room girl and I were chatting until late night in my room and we didn't realize when the clock struck 2:00 am. The other girls (Fatima, Mandeep and Neha) rung the bell. Now, we had a grill at the building entrance and the flat was in the floor, so we had to go down to the ground floor to open the gate if somebody comes at night. So Shweta and the last room girl went downstairs to open the gate for them. I was alone in the flat. Suddenly both of them came running. I was surprised and asked them what happened? They looked at me and said, "Niki, why did you shout so loudly and we could hear a loud sound". I was surprised. How is it possible for me not to hear that loud sound and shout in that 2:00 am silent night? We found it very strange but ignored the incident.

Days passed by quite normally, but each one of us in the flat always felt a spooky presence when alone.

That day was my last day in that house. All other girls had already shifted to different places. I found a place for myself too, and it was the last night I had to spend in that house. I remember all my furniture was already shifted to the new house. All I had in the house was my double bed mattress and a pair of clothes for me to wear for the next day.

It was around 12:30 am. I was speaking over the phone and lying on my mattress, which was placed on the floor as the bed was already shifted. The room door was closed (not locked). Suddenly the door opened of its own. Please bear in mind the door was a heavy wood door which cannot be moved by wind because first, it was tight. And second, it was an old age thick heavy door found in old houses. When the door opened, it moved me back. I could clearly sense somebody in the room. I kept my phone down. I was horrified by then. I could not move. I was still lying on the mattress. It was complete silence. I could hear somebody breathing. I could hear somebody walking on the floor barefoot. The sound was very clear and distinct. I wanted to move but could not. Somehow I gathered the courage to pick up the cell phone lying beside me and dialed my mom's number. I was crying and told my mom whatever was happening to me each second. My mother got to know immediately what it was and gave me the courage to fight the evil. She made me realise that power of God is always there to protect me. I always carry my God's picture in my purse. I somehow managed to grab my purse and take out God's picture. It gave me strength. I stated chanting the name of Lord repeatedly and could feel the energy fading. I then felt alone. Very alone. The whole night I could not sleep for a second. I continuously chanted prayers and waited for the sun to arise.

Many days later, after moving from that flat, I was once passing from the same area with some of my other friends and told them about my incident. One of my friends who stays near that same flat said that it was a haunted house and the whole area knows it. It once caught fire killing a man.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, niki14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tilott (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-12)
Dear niki14, kudos to you. You were truly brave and clever enough. I truly appreciate your presence of mind. You know, even I feel that sometimes we encounter such weird energies even during our residence in crowded areas. God knows, why they try to target innocent people. But still, we should always believe in God. May almighty grant you all the courage and blessings. Love from tilott.
Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
hello niki... It was great reading this story of yours... Great work tackling the entire situation... I hereby am reminded of an incident of myself, while I was living as a pg in Varanasi... And reading on I could infact match my own situation then, with that of yours 😁
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
jyoti-mj (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
There are very few of us who can sense energy in its ethereal form. I too can do that and not only that I can actually draw strength from nature, mostly from earth and air. That helped me shield myself from negative energies. I believe even you could harnes it because you will need it. We can not only sense those vibes but we also draw them. Most people like us loose their abilities with age but for some it gets stronger. If your is getting strong then you need to be prepared what might come...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
yash - since this topic came up already once this week, I'm just doing a copy/paste of my comment to someone else. It applies to you and anyone else who doesn't think things through before asking for an exact location.

"we request our members do not provide exact addresses, especially if it is a residence. I don't think many people would appreciate strangers coming to their home, even driving by, because someone has had an experience there. And just because one person, or even two, had a shared experience doesn't mean others who may live in that home will have a paranormal experience. I'm sure you can understand."

Thank you. And if an exact address is given, it will be deleted.
yash (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
May I know the exact location, plz?
I would love to explore it. 😉
viddhesh (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
I want to feel that power but my bad luck It never happen to me...
😢
swathi (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
hi niki, that was really creepy, did you meet the ghost again after that experience?
nankoo (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
niki I m from kolkata. Can't think of new alipore having a haunted house it is such a busy hunky dory place. Can you give the exact address of the flat? How far was it from the triangular park?
Frederick (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Sometimes, it's either the spirit doesn't feel like showing itself or we can only hear them. In your case, i'd have had been sooo lucky to only hear!
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
wow did it really happen in New Delhi?! 😲
Could you please mention the locality?
nick1 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
first of all I don't want to comment ths story, it is fake or not... But it rambled my mind... How old heavy wooden door is present in the flat system...
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Yogesh not every house in new alipore is haunted. It was just one specific house.
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
thank you jigyesh. I tried my best to describe my experience with the best words I could collate.
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
thanks a lot Briana. But the incident was absolutely the way I narrated it. I had nothing to do at that moment I could feel the chills and I knew I had nobody to help me apart from my belief in almighty.
Jigyesh (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
scary!
I was reading this at night and it almost turned into a sleepless night. I was so frightened! Credit goes to you because your narrative is brilliant
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Very spooky incident indeed, and was nicely narrated.
Possible explanation - Spirits are true, but only some are evil. We just tend to be afraid of unknown, truth might be different.
Maybe that spirit was trying to tell you something, or maybe it was having fun by scaring you. Afterall spirits are not always good. You faced that situation with courage and presence of mind.
Have faith but no blind trust in God.
Regards.
😊
sibo (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
Hey niki,
Can feel how creepy it would have been in that moment. Sends goose bumps all through the body. Just don't know if I should believe in ghosts or spirits as I hav nevr had such xperiences. But yes I always think there's a negative energy all arough as the same like positive energy. May be these things are just those negative energy or any other sort of, but yes its quite interesting.
Om Namah Shivaya,
Sibo
Yogeshmishra08 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I live in kolkata and had my relative living in new alipore but haven't felt any paranomial activities symptoms.
But had to agree cauze the pain is understand but them whu had suffred from it and nevertheless best thing is that you stayed out unharmed godbless yew
BrianaTaylor (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
So I've read a lot of stories on the site and for some reason the part where you started talking about God and everything you did. I had chills the entire time! Gah freaky stuff 😕
rajraj (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
hi niki, coming to a conclusion without any research is absolutely a stupid idea.
When I was a child I use to afraid a lot but when I grew up I realised that in life there is a reason behind every action and every reaction. There are many wonders, illusions and science in this world which can't be even imagine. I'm living alone since I was 15, and I faced many such situations where I was amazed with the ghostly activities, but when I started finding out reasons, I started laughing on myself. The real fact is that we are actually afraid of ourself and our existence. The world which exist outside our body is start with us and end in us. You cannot have a world without your own existence. Find the reason, the probleb will solve itself.
bhupi26rana (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
niki... You told " I always felt I could see and feel the supernatural." such activity have in rare people 1 out of 1 lakh such supernatural power have in manushya gan or rakshas gan they can see and feel ghost soul evil soul etc etc. I m impressed by your courage you faced them you must be having rakshas gan that's why that evil spirit hav not harmed you rakshas gan people can see and feel only most powerful evil only can harmed you to take revenge or to become more powerful but evil soul or ghost easily harmed manushya gan if you have such power to see and feel make use of it
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Hey niki14, I know New Alipore. My office is in there (near New Alipore). It is one of the most busiest and always buzzing place in Kolkata! Really I cannot even think that in a place like this there is a haunted house also. Really it is way too creepy to think. 😨 Anyways you are out of that house & place now, I am hoping that you are fine. I definitely agree with you that this incident has left a mark in your mind. God bless you. Take care. 😊
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Hi Isandhu,No,I was planning to move anyway. I sumhow manged to reach my phone nad purse because when that was happening I was definitely freaked out but I know that I have no other option other than fighting from my fear.Moreover,i've had paranormal incidents in the past as well so I resumed myself and focused on the positive.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
I was unsure if you moved because of the happenings in the house or if you were just planning to move anyway. Sounds like you were completely alone in the house the night of the last happening, though. I don't think I would have been brave enough to find my phone and purse. I probably would have fainted from fear. Sounds like you handled it well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
IMPathan - you were warned. I'm not in a good mood today, and I'm not putting up with the crap that I might on a different day.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
impathan is there nothing better you have to do with yourself than this?
Here is a idea you might like to try out...
Drop it!
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Hi Clarence. Well I did'nt really poke much into the history then but I know that the house was vacant before and after we left. Maybe because everybody knew so nobody rented that house.
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
[at] ind_83.yes I am in New delhi now. The flat in Kolkata was in New Alipore. Well this incident does'nt bother me much but has left a mark and give me creeps when I think about it.
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Yeah I agree with ind_83 about having faith in God.
But I don't think he was harmful in any way (if he was, he would have done so much before).
Maybe he just wanted to say goodbye? Maybe he was attached to you?
May his soul be where it must be. (idk how to put the put the last sentence, so sorry if it's construction is wrong) 😕
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Quite a creepy story. Did your friend elaborate on how everyone in the area knew the house was haunted?

The tragic past alone would probably lead them to speculate, but did they mention hearing about other paranormal events?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: