You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghastly Car

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghastly Car

 

When I was younger, some years ago now, me and my dad were driving in our old Volvo down Darlaston Lane, near Bilston, and it was relatively late at night. The night was quite foggy, and we could just see abut 500 or so yards in the distance. We were approaching a bridge which crossed the canal near the park, just under the Black Country Route bridge.

We were traveling at a steady pace, as the fog was no help to our vision. As the car was about to cross the bridge, my dad and I noticed some car headlights in the distance. Obviously, at first we were not fussed, as it was late and all vehicles, lorries, vans or cars would have their headlights blazing.

But, as we were on the bridge, the car seemed to be speeding towards us, at around 100 miles per hour. Weirdly, the car looked quite old, not a car you would normally see on roads nowadays. It resembled an old Ford Sierra Cos-worth. The car didn't seem to break at all. At the last second, my dad swerved the car just in time, as did the speeding car.

But, as the speeding car was about to plummet into the canal below, the car mysteriously disappeared.

Me and my dad stared in shock. My dad had the feeling that something of the kind may have happened years ago, which means the car is some sort of an action replay. He said that some time ago a car may have sped down this lane, and suddenly careened to the side of the road to avoid the vehicle coming the opposite way, and sadly met it's doom in the canal.

Whatever it was, what happened that night was truly freaky.

Other hauntings by scarynfreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarynfreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
That was quite an experience you have there! I would have loved to see the car and think about what might had happened, Maybe you are right and that the car is just a replay of what might have happened
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
reneespring: I'm not sure if you were suggesting that the OP ought to know speed in metric units because they are from the UK. We don't use metric measures of speed in the UK. Car speedometers in the UK show both kph and mph, but all the road signs are in mph. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what 100 mph is in kph, but I can tell you the maximum speed limit on the fastest roads in the UK is 70 mph, so it's extremely fast, but not impossibly so.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
You wrote: "But, as we were on the bridge, the car seemed to be speeding towards us, at around 100 miles per hour."...What was that in metric? You say you live in the UK.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
[at] granny: Thought you might get a kick out of this definition of a classic car.

"A classic car is an older car; the exact meaning is variable. The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 20 and 40 years old to be a classic, while cars over 45 years fall into the Antique Class."

That means in car years I'm still a classic! Woohoo! But traveling steadily on my way to Antique. 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
scarynfreaky: I love ghost car stories!...The Sierra Cosworth was produced from '86 through '92, so I'm curious about how long ago this happened, since even now-a-days, the car wouldn't be considered that "old"...With that in mind, it shouldn't be hard to find some news article about an accident on the bridge, if you're at all curious...

Great story, thank you for posting! 😊
night_day (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
While reading this story, I just recalled that there was something similar in one episode of the series 'Supernatural' where this was called a 'death echo' or something like that. Anyways great and freaky story, enjoyed reading it.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Yes residual indeed I would say, bet it was a frightning experience to see it speeding towards you though.
As Rook has mentioned some history research on the area would be interesting, and may shed some light on to what you seen that night!

A Ford Sierra Cosworth is a rather Ghastly looking car though I might add! (More of a Holden man myself) Lol😁

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Supernatural re-enactments are SO cool and rare. If the event that took place was particularly violent, sudden, or unexpected and/or if there's some sort of physical remnant or evidence of a tragedy/incident that happened long ago then that residual energy can loop over and replay again and again. I'm not exactly sure why, but it could have something to do with a dimension it may be caught in.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
The word is RESIDUAL... Or RESIDUAL HAUNTING if you prefer.

Did you or your Father ever do any research concerning that part of the road. Had a accident really happened at that bridge?

Respectfully,

Rook
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Sound like Replay or timesless Hard explain like repeat the past when and where that happen back in day that people and automoblie hit in death along ago. Sorry for explain is not so good I just know what you means in your sentence that what going on and why that car coming toward you and your dad but glad ya'll okay so they made be their doom where it hit back in the day. Also I know what car you talk about like in the late 1900's car that was made in the 20's to 40's style cars.
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
That was really scary and freaky, scarynfreaky!
You know, these type of experiences always fascinate me, where one gets to experience what has already happened.
I read that there was very much fog around, but did you see if anyone was sitting in the car?
Thanks for sharing your rare experience. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: