You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Possible Ufo Sighting?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ufo Sighting?

 

It was a dark winter's night in September of 2010. The nights sky was quite clear compared to normal, revealing hundreds of stars and even a full moon. I had arranged to meet up with my friend a few minutes away from where I live. We were going to hang out in my house like we usually did; however, this time would be different. So, as planned, I grabbed my keys, put on my parka and off I went. When I arrived at the bus stop (where we had planned to meet), I sat down on the bench and gazed up at the nights sky, which is something I often do no matter where I am.

As I was busy gazing, I noticed a shining moving light. Now my first thought was that it was a plane, until I realised it was traveling far too slow for any kind of plane. So I moved on to the conclusion that it was a helicopter, yet it wasn't making any type of sound. In fact, the only sound that I could hear was that of the odd car that drove by occasionally. It was then brought to my attention that whatever this thing was, it was glowing a bright orange with a sort of yellow look to it. I'm not sure why I thought this, but for a second I thought it might be a helicopter that had some how caught fire?

By now I had been waiting for at least 15 minutes. Still my eyes were locked on what couldn't be anything else apart from a UFO? I watched as it indecisively moved from one place to another. It then occurred to me to capture it on my cell phone; however, as I switched to video camera it wouldn't pick this thing up. So, getting very frustrated, I decided to take a picture. Once I had done this and viewed the image, it just looked like a giant orange ball. Not to mention the image was blurry as it was.

Eventually it disappeared; I mean it actually just vanished. It was at that point the thought crossed my mind that maybe it was a Chinese lantern; however, this object was far too big to be a lantern. And then how could it have been moving so freely in the night's sky?

Not long after it vanished, my friend arrived on the bus, and as we were walking back towards my house, I decided to tell him all about it. After explaining, he just looked at me as if I was crazy.

If anyone else has had a similar sighting to this, please tell me in the comments below. I must make clear that I see what I see; not what I want to see. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FlashBeliever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Sounds like it was maybe a flare. There's a possibility it might have been something else. But according to your story it did not behave like anything but a flare
FlashBeliever (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
butthead- Sadly no, I have not seen anything else. Yes it is quite possible it was a flair, though I probably would have been able to make it out, but who knows? And yes I agree we are definitely not alone!
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
sounds strange.
I guess the manouverability which only you saw (while bearing in mind any wind conditions) could discredit my only thought for a possibility, but is it possible it could of been a flair of some kind? As if I read correctly you say it ''moved slow, thought it could be a helicopter Burning, it looked like a giant orange ball on the phone image, it just dissapeared''.

Dont doubt you, having investigated the paranormal for a long time I can't help but try to question everything.

I star gaze all the time, I have seen something of a white colour - twice in the sky, with witnesses, moving in scientifically impossible ways.
What was strange about that though was it was at the same hour 2 nights in a row, and I was like impelled to just look up at it. As if I felt its presence.
Even more so the 2nd night, as I just randomly stopped the car while driving to get out and look in the sky. And there it was, again. Moving slow, then fast, against science, then out at the speed of light to... Who knows.

Seen anything else in the sky?
We are not alone
😨
😉
FlashBeliever (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Thank you Caz, I'll be sure check it out:-). And thanks to everyone for taking the time to read!
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Flashbeliever...Satellites do not look like 'giant orange balls', and neither do they move 'indecisively'! What you saw was not a satellite! Read 'The Dulce Report' [just google it] and also, have a look at 'Phil Schneider-Dulce Alien Confrontation' on YouTube! In fact, perhaps you should watch that first!
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Perhaps it was a satellite, moving around refracting sunlight. Explains the no sound, and sudden vanishing, the angle changed so that there was no more visual from your vantage point. I don't know, I didn't see it. But they're there inocuously posing as stars and planes in the night sky, spying away all through the day and night.
I'd like to say however manmade space junk isn't all that's out there (if that's what this was), and so-called aliens aren't either. Spirits, in my experience, love to play with the sky.
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Sightings of UFOs are becoming more numerous all the time! Not only in the UK, but worldwide! If you visit the UK-UFO site, you will see that they have several sightings posted every single day! When you think that lots of people who see something don't bother to report it, or haven't got internet, then it's likely that there are quite a few more on a daily basis!
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
[at] Rook,
It's ok, I took it positively. I really meant 10:00pm. Was a bit lazy for semi colon and all. Thanks for clarifying btw. Your post was informative as always.
(this proves half knowledge is always dangerous!). Shubham❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
I really don't mean to nit pick... I really hate to do so but you saw something like the O/P at night... At 1000hrs? This may be possible BUT...

It sounds as if you are trying to use military time... Which is fine and works well with many of the members and guests on site... But please use it correctly... 1000pm or 10 at night is 2200hrs... Any time after 12 (noon) you simply add 12 to... So 1pm is 1300hrs... 2pm is 1400hrs all the way to midnight which can be written as 2400hrs or 0000hrs at which time the '24 hour count' begins again with 1am being 0100hrs... 2am being 0200hrs and so on and so forth.

Sorry Retired Navy...

Respectfully,

Rook
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
I know man what you are talking about! Even I saw this thing matching the exact description at night at about 1000 hrs! Even the same thoughts ran through my mind about it being a plane or helicopter. But never thought of taking a pic! I eventually forgot about it but now I wonder what that was!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: