You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy & Abandoned

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy & Abandoned

 

This summer I became a believer. There is this creepy abandoned house right next to my friend's house. He said that a lady named Betty used to live there until she had a heart attack. After she died, all of her belongings were still inside the house and some people broke into it one day and stole some jewelry. There is also a big shed in front of the house with some stuff in there like photos, plates, a fridge, and even a couch. The first time I saw the house it was creepy, but I didn't expect much of it.

In June I went to my friend's house to hang out with him, but he wasn't there so I ended up hanging around with his cousin, whom I'm also friends with. We played airsoft with their neighbors and we decided to hide out in the "Dead Lady's" house as we called it. We went into the house. It was all warm and there was this weird musty smell in the house. He sat on the couch, while I stand. We talked for a bit and I sarcastically say "What if this place was haunted?" Then we heard stuff moving around in another room. That was when we got the hell out of there.

This wasn't the only weird thing to happen. When I told my friend, he said one time he saw a fan running from inside the house. There is NO electricity in the house. A week later we went back to the house and we shot the window with an airsoft gun. Then I pressed up in the window and the entire pane came crashing down. I came back there a couple days later to find that there were still portions of the glass standing. That house now scares the hell out of me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HxC80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Gee mate if you came to my house and started smashing windows, I, too, would scare the bejesus out of you 😨
SnailBug (61 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Why would you break into and vandalize a dead woman's house? That's really disrespectful. I hope the place IS haunted, and she scares the &% [at] $ out of you one day when you're not suspecting anything.
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
WOw! Interesting story! You became a believer! I am very happy for you! I have been born again since I little. I hope that you have a happy and safe life :D

Ceary :D
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
breaking windows that do not belong to you isn't really very nice. Maybe you could find out if that lady has any family and they can come and do something with all of her things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: