You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Church

Real Ghost Stories

The Church

 

This story still creeps me out until this day. This was a while ago. I am 24 now, but I remember it like it was yesterday. It's disturbed me ever since.

I used to go to this church around my hometown until I was about 18. I cannot remember how old I was exactly, but I will shoot for around 10. My church wasn't that old. I believe it was built around 1967, with my great-grandfather being one of the founders.

Growing up, I'd hear little ghost stories about the church, but I never really played into it, until something happened to me. It's a small Baptist church that had bathrooms right when you walk in one the left side. The first was women's and the second door was the men's room.

Well, one day after church had let out, I had to go use the bathroom. I was the only one in there and I know that for a fact. It had two stalls and I was in one of them, the one closest to the door. Next thing I know, I heard a raspy voice say, "Hello." Between me going into the bathroom and going into the stall, nobody came into the bathroom because I would have heard the door open. It's a small bathroom and the door is old and it squeaks.

So I say hello back. I was creeped out because I'm thinking who in the hell could of been in the bathroom with me. I remember having an uncomfortable feeling, so I finish, go to the sink and wash my hands so I can leave the bathroom. Now it gets creepy and I'm getting scared thinking about it.

I had a feeling to look back, and when I did all I saw was half of a large head peaking over the stall and two huge eyes staring back at me (these were not the eye size of a human). Then it hurried and ducked back down. I even noticed there were no feet on the floor. I ran out of that bathroom. I don't know what it was.

Since then the church has had an addition added on with new bathrooms, so many people don't use the old ones. I would just look in from time to time, but I will never go in that bathroom again.

Sometimes I feel like it could be watching me, from time to time (maybe that's just my inner scaredy cat).

What do you guys think? This is something that has really bothered me since it happened. I guess its intriguing to say the least. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Other hauntings by alizzle87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alizzle87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alizzle87 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
[at] murraymints, I am not willing to go into that bathroom again... Whenever I do go visit the church which is not often, I have a habit of opening the door and looking in, but I do not walk past the threshold
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Its hard to know like, But would you not be intrigued to go back and see if it happens again? I know its really scary but that spirit or person could be looking for help and also you could find out the history like who worked there that passed away. It would be a really good story if you found out:)
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
I understand why some people would have ran screaming like a banshee. I also understand why you did not curiosity is a powerful thing.

It can cause one to ignore the run like a bat out of heck response when something like this happens. Seeing how all it did was speak and look at you I'd say you were in no danger.

As for what I think either a high electromagnetic field was present and caused you to hear and see something that did not exist. Or what I believe to be more likely is you saw something unexplainable
PenAndInkPrincess (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Well...I will never use restrooms in a church again. I already had goosebumps at the "Hello" part. And then the head? I would have screamed loud enough to be heard around the world. Or I just would have fainted right then and there.
SenHawj (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Gosh, your story has got to be the creepiest of all. I love it so much, but at the same time, it scares me.
alizzle87 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
[at] darkness and Taz, I remember hearing things like there were ghosts and whatnot, but I've never heard any stories about someone actually seeing something, or hearing anything to the degree that I did.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
alizzle87: Hmmm strange, I'm interested as to what other people experienced whilst going to the church, you mentioned you had heard some accounts of it being haunted, can you recall any of those incidents?

From what you described it doesn't seem to be a human spirit, although if it was maybe it couldn't manifest itself properly, I have heard that the face is one of the hardest to manifest if your a spirit. I come to this conclusion only from many many years of of reading about accounts showing this similar trait. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
that is just too freaky!
Did you ever ask around to see if anyone else had any experiences in the church (not just the restroom)
Thanks for the great post 😊
Carl
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I couldn't help but giggle (sorry) a bit when I read this story. It's always weird how you look back, and in hindsight would have done it differently. I'm wondering if it just wanted to see if anyone could hear it, and when it realized you could hear, wanted to see if you could see it. I sometimes think they "they" just want to see if they can be seen and heard, and don't really have any intent to scare the organs out of you. Lol Great story.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Okay really creepy. My church is just like that. But it's much older. 1912, and I hate going into the bathroom by myself. My goodness I just as creeped out as you right. 😨
GIRLIE ❤
alizzle87 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] wicked, no, after I saw it duck back down after staring at each other for a few seconds that was it, I wasn't going to stay around and find out what its next move was... I really wonder wtf that was in that dam bathroom...

Anyhoo,

[at] manner, yea, I never went into that bathroom again. I ended up going to that church a few months ago for a service, and I kicked the door open just to have a look, but it looks like its for storage, but I'm safe nonetheless, thank you.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
This is why I say ghosts need freaking boundaries! *sorry in my opinion, few people know what I am talking about* but yeah, I will admit that would make me never have to go to the bathroom at church again! Hopefully it wasn't anything bad but glad you are safe!

Stay Safe ❤
Wicked_Child (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Oh gosh this is scary! I'd probably be paralyzed out of fear. Did it move other than to hide when you looked at it?
alizzle87 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
[at] moonwolf, I didn't have a feeling of dread or anything, but more like a feeling of terror when I saw it. After this happened I never mentioned it to anyone in my family until I was about 16. And that's when I finally told my granny who just kind of gave me a look, I cannot describe lol. So I don't know if anyone else had similar experiences.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
alizzle87 what a creepy experience, but doesn't seem like whatever was there wanted to hurt you, it seemed to be more curious than evil. 😁
MoonWolf (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
OH GOSH! I would have left the bathroom the second it said "Hello" to me! I also can't believe that you actually said "Hello" back. Did it give off any type of feelings? And has there been anybody else that may have seen this creature? Thanks for sharing your story, can't wait to read some more. 😆
alizzle87 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
[at] jav, yes, it was the top-half of the head. It wasn't over the stall door, I guess I should of been more clear, but instead over the side cause the stalls faced a wall, scariest thing I have experienced 😳

[at] nmg5789 indeed I guess being curious to look back is brave lol, I don't know what it was, but I have had another experience, when I was older when I have seen an apparition, but it was easy for me to blow it off since it certainly wasn't on the same caliber of what happened to me when I was little.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
First off I haven't been on this site in awhile so it is really cool to get back on and read a story that you posted just a few days ago. I agree with one of the fellow commentors... Once I heard someone say hello and knew there was no way anyone could of been in there with me I would of never stayed in there! So you're definitely MUCH braver then I would ever be! Secondly, I have never seen anything paranormal, I have just experienced weird things but I your experience hasn't disturbed you to much. Have you ever had any more experiences since this?
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Jav,
It's funny that you said that about public restrooms being creepy.
Here at the UNT Health Science Center, on the fifth floor of the Center for BioHealth,
There is definitely a presence that stays in the handicap stall.
When no one else is there on the floor late some evenings the feeling
Of its presence grows stronger. It seems to like flushing the toilet
Randomly. Why do you think they like public restrooms? Is it the water?
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Public bathrooms always are creepy and for some reason I they are creepier in a church.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
alizzle87,
Just for the sake of not getting any more creeped out, I am going to assume it was the 'top' half of it's/his/her head you are referring to, that came up over the stall door. You're right, just rendering a comment on your experience is giving me the creeps. I don't how you even stopped to wash your hands after hearing it speak to you! I would have been gone like a shot!
I have no idea what it was that you saw that day. I will say this though, I hope it never comes around here! I hate public restrooms, even if they are in a church. Too creepy!
Thank you for sharing, you have truly creeped me out with this experience. 😨

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: