You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Strange Light

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Light

 

I'd like to share my experience I had a few years back. I don't think this is anything too extraordinary and could be proved to be something simple, but I'd like to hear some advice.

It started when I went to bed one night, I was about 10. Nothing strange or different had occurred that day, but something weird happened that night.

I woke up sometime during the night as I thought I had seen a bright white light. (I am a light sleeper.) I opened my eyes to see what was there and I seen a bright white flashing light hovering in the middle of my room. I looked behind me to see if there was something producing the light in front of me, but all there was behind me was my poster hanging on my wall. At first I thought it could of just been a light from outside, but I looked up and my blinds were shut tight with no light seeping through. I then thought it could have been my laptop which may have been lying on my floor. (When my laptop is charging, there is a light that flashes on it.) I thought nothing of it and fell back asleep.

However, the next morning when I woke up, to my surprise my laptop was not in my room, but had been sitting in my brother's room all night. At first I thought I could just be imagining it, but during the day I realised that I had definitely seen something that night.

The light had a sort of blurry human figure. You may think this sounds silly as it is coming from a 13-year-old, but I'm positive I seen something that night and I would appreciate it if someone would reply to this with some information on what it could be; paranormal or not.

Thanks x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pippa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pippa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Thanks for the comments, yes this was a one off and it has never happened since. However, there has been a few different strange things going on, nothing big, but still pretty strange. I will try and put in another story about them.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
hi pippa, it could have been anything, even your own mind. Have to say though the fact that you say you automaticly looked around for something that could be causing the light and found nothing could mean that yes you did have someone popping by to look in on you.
Was this a one off?
Or has it happened since?
Good post thanks for adding
Carl
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Hi Pippa!

Isn't it interesting to see how our concious mind tries to give all possible explanations that it is aware of when something unusual happens?

Experiences like these make me wonder, have we really been able to understand the human brain completely?

The answer is definately a NO! 😲
bilbil17 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hi Pippa! I posted a story that's kind of similar to yours. I'm not sure what it was either, but I did make a guess as to what I THOUGHT it was. My story is called "Forever at Camp". Check it out and see what you think.

BB

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: