You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl On The Fog

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl On The Fog

 

My name is Leanne and I am an O.R. Nurse and reside in California with my family.

Since I was young, I experienced paranormal phenomenon. People said I have what they call "Third eye" that I used to joke, is not a 20/20 vision.

I discovered this site a few days ago and decided to share my stories. This one happened two years ago after I moved from Philippines.

During my first months in the U.S. I stayed mostly to myself, chatting with my friends whom I left behind in the Philippines. A lot of times I go out with my stepsister because her husband is serving in the U.S. Marine Corps in the Middle East. On my 20th birthday, winter, my brother-in-law went home to spend Christmas with us, towing his other Marine friend with him named Anthony.

We decided to watched a movie one night with another friend and his girlfriend. Anthony drives a two-seater convertible and since they were teasing us together, I ended up driving with him.

After the movie and a very late dinner, we drove our friend's girlfriend home, which is almost at the boundary of Lake Tahoe. The girl's father tried giving us another route but my brother-in-law, who wanted to avoid the freeway with all the alcohol he consumed, insisted we take the long route.

Anthony decided to tail gait his car so we fall off behind. Everything was going well until we reached a foggy part of the road where there were only vacant cornfield on every side, my brother-in-law suddenly pulled over at the side of the road. We decided to pull over too and watched the three of them went out of the

Car. I saw my brother-in-law stooping down at the side of his car so I thought he was throwing up. I remembered me and Anthony had a good laugh about it until we heard them arguing.

We dismounted the car and asked what's wrong and got a panicky reply that they might have hit a woman wearing a long black dress. Anthony and I exchanged a puzzled look, because we did not see other cars passing by let alone a woman crossing a chilly street in a desolate field at the middle of the night.

After minutes of convincing, from drunk driving to possibility of Court Martial, my brother-in-law decided to drive off.

The joking and harmless teasing between me and Anthony vanished in thin air while we were walking down to the car.

What happen next is one of the those moment in your life that you swear you won't forget. We were driving a few minutes after the incidence when I notice someone or something is following is. At the weak light of Anthony's back light, I saw an outline of a woman with a jet black hair wearing a long black dress. She was gliding or floating near the trunk, so I can see her in the rear view mirror and side mirror. My goosebumps started to rise up when I realize she doesn't have a face, just like the woman I saw when I was in the fourth grade.

The woman vanished when we hit a sudden right curve that lead us to a busy downtown street.

I decided not to tell Anthony because he might think I'm crazy, but I noticed he was sweating the whole time even though it was below seventy.

The next morning I found him hosing his car on the front yard. During winter, even in California, frosts build up in cars. "Thank you for keeping your calm last night." He told me while smiling. I asked what he meant and he led me to the back of his car where you can see handprints on the trunk when being washed down with running water. He told me he had seen the woman following us last night and he knew I had seen her too because I keep on looking at the mirrors. We decided not to tell anyone because my parents are furious for letting my brother-in-law drive with alcohol buzz.

Anthony and I dated and not until we started to get serious with each other that he admitted he can see ghosts.

Thank you for letting me share my story. Don't be hesitant to tell me what you think.

Other hauntings by RLA15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RLA15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
[at] RLA15: I would be glad to read your story about the white lady as well!
Those encounters are quite common in the phils...

Ingat pirme og god bless mam!
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
[at] HaunteR007 I wonder why some of the ghosts are faceless and otgers are not?
HaunteR007 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Really exciting experience.
I've also had a similar experience where the woman was wearing a black dress, gliding away. Except the fact that she had a face with sunken eyes with no pupils.
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Im so sorry for the late replies you guys. I'm busy at the moment.

[at] snow white heard a similar story but IT was suppose to. Be a joke lol

[at] girlie yeah I seen it. It was my dream man's movie after all. Lol one time I saw myself in the mirror when I was wearing all black and thought I was the woman in black. One of the reason my hair is blood red now. Lol

[at] cecil04
I was born and raised in PI ma'am. Proud to be! It was a white lady. I'm tryina write that story now hope you would read it too:)

[at] terminaterdon I told Anthony that it could have been his or his women or he's sufferring from PTSD. Lol I saved two ghost photos though. I saved them for next.

[at] javelina thank you! I live in san josw now and work at san fran. Funny thing is we always have picnic in lake tahoe, no creepy staff so far.

[at] jajambo this is my first and last hopefully. Lol
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Have you ever heard about stories like while a taxi driver was driving, he saw the man sat at the back of his taxi had no head which happened at night. 😉
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
very creepy! Remindes me of the woman in black (very good movie by the way, if you like scary ones) If you see this woman again, like you metion you had before, then ask (if you can) what she wants. But it might not work, but hell, do you have a better idea? Lol 😜
GIRLIE ❤
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
RLA15,

Thanks for sharing your story!

You said "just like the woman I saw when I was in the fourth grade" - might there be a connection between those two experiences; I mean was that the very same figure that followed you?!
And was your fourth grade back in the pilipinas or in usa already?

I'm eager to read more about your other story!
terminaterdon (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Nice story:-) it would have been much better if you could have taken the picture of the handprint of your car, you are a nurse right? You could have even checked the fingerprint on the database, that also even if ghosts have fingerprints.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Leanne,
Hello and welcome to YGS. I'm glad you found the site. I loved reading your experience from that night. I lived in that area years ago, it's where my husband and I met. This back road you were on, and the fog, brings it all back to me. It is a very spooky place anyway. But when you add in the all the history of the gold rush, the
Donner party', and the towering peaks of the Sierra Nevada's? You are bound to run across some crazy stuff. The picture in my mind of the woman floating near the rear of the vehicle as you are seeing her through the mirror put a chill up my spine. Wow! It would be interesting to see if there are any other reported sightings of her. Or perhaps she is already a legend in that area? Either way, great narration!

Jav 😊
Jojambo (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
RLA15,
I had a similar freaky experience like yours, except that the ghost that I saw, was in my brother's house! Same feature, with no face, long jet black hair, except she's wearing a long white dress. Still gives me goosebumps when I think about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: