You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visiting My Mother - Strange Occurences

Real Ghost Stories

Visiting My Mother - Strange Occurences

 

I've always believed in paranormal entities, but I was never sure if they believed in me. I suppose my head is always so far in the clouds that I wouldn't notice anything if something or someone otherworldly did attempt to contact me. However, I've had a couple things happen at my mother's that I suppose add up to an experience. It's either that, or my imagination is even more active than I had last assumed.

My mother and her family (my step-father, my 3 little sisters, and sometimes a brother or two), live in a rental house in Virginia. It's in a very nice subdivision in a very nice neighborhood. It's not that old, and there were never any stories attached to it that we know of.

Every one of my family members who have lived in that house have had some kind of experience. To better understand the story, I should mention the layout of the house.

Downstairs is four rooms in a square. Kitchen, iving room, den, (stairs in between) and then the dining room. Upstairs is basically a long corridor with two rooms at the very end of the hall, a room in the middle across from the bathroom, and then the master bedroom. Behind the master is a huge room, basically another master bedroom in size, for guests, etc. For the purpose of this story, I will call it the second master bedroom.

I used to live in that house for a while, when my husband was getting us settled in North Carolina, so I lived in the back room at the end of the hall. I recall when moving boxes to the far back room, when I passed by the other room, it would feel colder, and I saw a flash of white in my peripheral. It sort of looked like a skinny man. I am a fairly short person, 5'-4", and this flash was a good deal taller than me. However, I just assumed it was my imagination, and shrugged it off.

My brother occupied the room next to me, the one where I saw the white flashes from time to time. It was always colder than the rest of the house, and no one would really go in it, although nothing ever really happened. Then my brother and I moved out, him to go back to his father's and me to North Carolina.

The few times after I came back, there would be some odd banging, but only recently, about last year did I broach the subject. "Hey, Mom, Scott, is there... Something odd about this house?" They were in agreement whole-heartedly. Mom had seen someone standing in her room, Scott had seen someone running from the kitchen to the living room and vanish. My little sister Isabella had awoken from her new room (my brother's old room) and come out screaming that there was a man in the corner.

The next night, there was loud banging coming from the kitchen, and some scratching, while we were watching TV in the living room. My mother yelled "Shut the &%$# up and get the hell out!" and the noise stopped.

That night, I could not sleep. I always stay in the second master bedroom, and I was very restless. I did not get to bed until almost 5 am, and I had to be up the next morning to drive back to NC with my children! I finally fell into a restless sleep, and had the most lucid dream I've had in a while. In the dream, there was a white man standing in front of me. And when I say white, I mean, he was all white, all over. He had a pair of old looking scissors, like, shears rather, and was pressing them into my stomach, hard enough to have my stomach give, but not hard enough to puncture the skin. And it hurt! I felt panicked, and I looked him in the face in question, and he just grinned at me. Grinned, like he was daring me. And I said "Why are you doing this? This is not nice!" And he just seemed to shrug and grin. I recall saying "You need to stop! Leave me be, this is not nice! Get out!" and then I woke up, holding my stomach. I had a red mark on my stomach.

There was nothing on the bed that would account for my feeling anything such as that. I did not have buttons on my night clothes, there were no strings or knots or anything. I got up and was still feeling very twitchy. I went downstairs and my stepfather Scott remarked that he felt that I should stay an extra day, because he had a bad feeling. That day I got a huge traffic ticket and also confronted a woman who had been stalking my husband. Minor things perhaps, but still a strange follow up to a strange night.

I just went back up (to take care of that ticket!) and stayed at my mother's. We heard bangs in the kitchen again all night long, and Scott, who sleeps in the second master bedroom (on account of his horrible snoring) has started keeping a bible by his bed, as he says that the entity started bothering him on an almost regular basis. He says that when he touches the bible however, the entity leaves him be.

We've done no research on the entities in the house. I believe that there are two. The one upstairs and the one downstairs. Who knows, though. They haven't really seemed malevolent except for that one time in my sleep. Maybe someday, they'll reveal a bit more about themselves.

Other hauntings by SnudtoQueast

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnudtoQueast, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
That is a plus! If it will make you feel any better with her, the next time you go over you can just focus on her or if you feel uncomfortable I would place kosher salt along the walls, this can create a safe barrier, or whatever your religion may be has an equivalent, but if it is only you I would not worry:) just place your mind elsewhere while you are there:)

Blessed Be ❤
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Good evening Mannerizms!
As a matter of fact, the only time that it's come into contact with anyone was with me! And I think - no, I know- its because I was feeding it negative energy unintentionally. However, my mother takes the "If I don't acknowledge it beyond telling it to leave, it won't bother me." And... To a point that works I think. Both my mother and step father have always been a bit sensitive to those things. However, I feel they do need to research, as they have a daughter with disabilities who cannot say if anything happens. However, as far as I know, nothing has happened to Kennedy. I think she's too pure for anything malevolent to come into contact with her. Everyone says that looking at her is like looking at an angel. ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Well I am going to say that would make anyone panic! I do say that research on the land couldn't hurt because you never know who may have built a home there at some point. As for everything going on, I personally would recommend that they Protect the home, usually telling the entity to leave will work however, if they are demonic or negative they thrive on that fear and negativity in the home. I am not saying they are negative but fearful yes, I would say either have someone of your parents religion bless the home, if this does not work there is a GREAT method used by Rookydin (he's a great guy just ask for help!) I think this would help.

I hope all is well and you are happy in your new home as well!

Blessed be and stay safe ❤!
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Nope, the handprints were actually on the ceiling where the stairs were. Like, the entire way down the stairs, on the ceiling. Like if someone had raised their arms above their head and touched the ceiling while on the stairs. And what was baffling was that most of the handprints were not adult sized, so the only thing I can think of is a bunch of crazy kids jumping on the stairs to touch the ceiling. Scarier to think about than paranormal means. 😆
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Did an object used to be where the staircase is? Because I leave dirty handprints on my ceiling while mucking around on my top bunk, so I'm wondering if they used to play on something that was there. Other than that all I can think of is they float up there and try and get you to notice them.

Thanks! Cocoa 😊
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Lol, Cocoa. 😆
While it would've been interesting, I'm sure that handprints in flour are much more portentous than on the ceiling. 😆
Honestly though, that is probably from some crazy-butt kids from the previous tenants. They pretty much trashed the house before my mother moved in, haha. It just seemed odd for the prints to be on the ceiling. I used to look up while I was walking down the stairs and scratch my head and think, "How in the hello did that get there." 😆
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Okay after seeing your reply on the 6ft tall ceiling and hand prints it kind of reminds me of paranormal activity 1 where the spirit makes prints in the flour on the roof. Maybe your story inspired them 😆

Thanks! Cocoa 😊
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Good evening Skeptic ^^
No, I actually bite my nails down to pretty much the quick (horrible habit I know.) And I had wondered if I had subconsciously been pressing that spot, or what, but it wasn't a very big spot, so I'm not really sure. [at] _ [at]
SkepticUntilNow (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Hello Snud! 😊 Wow, that is quite a story! I just have one question about the mark. DO you have long fingernails? Is it possible you might have subconsciously scratched yourself in your sleep? Just curious is all! 😳 I hope things get better for you!
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I had wondered about the downstairs one possibly being a poltergeist. Apparently the renters before us had like, 10 kids, so I wouldn't be surprised if that energy had transmuted itself into another type of energy.
Another thing that I found disturbing was in the stairwell, the ceiling is about 6 feet up from the stairs, and there are handprints all up and down the ceiling on the stairs. We were TOLD that the children who lived here previously might have done it, but again, the ceiling is like, 6ft about the stairs, so... Who knows.
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
This is truly an interesting story indeed. I have to say these spirits seem to be 2 different types: the one that you encountered in that dream I would say demonic. As for the downstairs one maybe a poltergeist (german for noisy ghost).

Thanks Cocoa 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: