You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Doppelganger Roams At Midnight

Real Ghost Stories

My Doppelganger Roams At Midnight

 

When this happened to my family (particularlly my brother and Mom), I was about seven and lived in Michigan. My brother was about five. One night, around midnight, I was asleep in my room at the end of the hall. My brother was asleep in my Mom's bed and woke up for no apparent reason. He sat up and looked over to the loveseat in the room.

There he saw what he thought to be me, trying to hide from his view, being all playful and giggling. The girl had golden blonde hair, blue eyes, long eye lashes, full lips and facial features similar to mine.

He then woke up Mom as he was very confused as to why I was up so late and told her to look over at the love seat and asked "Why is sissy by the couch?". They then both watched in horror as the ghostly figure move over to the window and jump out of it.

My mom was panicked of course and went to look out the window. Nothing was at the bottom on the ground outside the window. My mother was freaking out so she then ran to my room where she saw me sleeping peacefully.

The next morning she told me about it at breakfast. I was shocked and intrigued because I love the paranormal. But I have no recollection of leaving my body, however the ghost was very much like me. I wonder if I actually astro travelled or if I had a doppelganger. I have no idea to this day what really happened that night and it still remains a mystery to our entire family and I would really like to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Any opinions or comments are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darkrose13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VanessaNixon_x3 (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-20)
That's an awsome story, probably the best one I have read in a while. But I don't think you astral planned because you wouldn't have scared your family like that if it was you. It sounds like a spirit trying to play around and scare your family. Have you had any other experiences at your house that make you think your house is haunted? Or maybe it was a traveling spirit that was only there for the moment?
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I don't know much about astral projection, but I think it can be possible for you to be seen. Not entirely sure but I'm leaning towards the doppelganger theory
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
It was a second story window. We all slept on the second floor. The ground below would have been bushes with thorns and rocks
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I tend to agree with little_love_lolo. I always believed that when someone astral projects they can't be seen. I am leaning towards a doppelganger because both your mother and brother saw it and I don't think when you astral project yourself, you can jump though a window.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Do we have a definitive answer on whether your astral self can be seen by those on the physical plane? I was under the impression that when you're in that state your astral self was 'invisible' to others.

Example: I had an OBE when I was a kid and ended up following my mom to the bank and watching her from the ceiling. Pretty sure neither she nor the bank employees saw me there. Buuuuut maybe because I'm a noob I just don't have the ability to be seen.

Darkrose, I'm torn between the astral projection theory and a spirit manifesting itself with your physical appearance. I think spirits are more likely, BUT it's less likely for a spirit to go cannonballing out the window. 😉

Cool story!
lovelybookie (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
that's pretty cool. Although sometimes spirits like to use other peoples bodies to make themselves known, it could be that too. I also heard that if you walk into your own doppleganger, it's a sign of death for you or someone really close to you.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Weird that two people were able to see it. Was this a ground floor or second story window that was open at night or did it jump through the glass, or what?
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Some believe that dopple gangers are also cause by us because we desire to be in another place. One of my professor in college told me this because some very strange happen when I was in the hospital recovering fron anemia. One of my teacher saw me running down from the second floor, a classmate heard me ask her for some change and another teacher actually mark me as present because he saw me in 3 of his classes! I was absent for a week but I want nothing more but to go back in school.
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
I understand completely. Thank you. I'll look that up on google
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
There is a word "live spirit" in Japan. (I translate it into English directly)
It just like the spook that caused by somebody's strong thought.
Maybe what your brother and Mon saw was the "live spirit" caused by your thought thirsting for playing.
I guess...

Excuse me, English is my second language, and I am not good at it, I hope you can understand what I mean.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Astro projection sounds more natural here, I did it a lot growing up, sometimes we remember sometimes we don't:)

Thanks for sharing!

Blessed Be ❤
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Ya. He said he turned a lamp on because he something move. Sorry for leaving that out. I was trying to keep it as short as possible.
airstream (13 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
You state: "The girl had golden blonde hair, blue eyes, long eye lashes, full lips and facial features similar to mine." If it's night time and dark, how in the world did your 5 year old brother see that well to give such a detailed description? Was a light on?
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
I don't mean to scare op but why on earth will the astral body (if it was) jump out of the building without op remembering doing so?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Cool story, I think you are right and you astro projected, That is so cool my close friend had done that before I would love too I think maybe I did when I was younger. I think it is likely you left your body and just didn't remember it the next day. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: