You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Our Apartment

 

Hi all, I have written in the past regarding my Father's death and his presence in my life. Well, this time, I do not think he has anything to do with it.

My wife and I have been living in our first apartment for 5 months now. It's a nice place. It is on the first floor, has it's own entrance, and we have a nice little patio. The apartment is just not big enough for us and our dog, soon to be DOGS, so we will be moving when out lease is up in February.

Since we have moved in, my wife has had terrible night terrors and has been awakened by something more times than I can count. She will wake up and scream claiming she saw something standing by the bed or she will jump up and run for the door. (She ran for the door back in April and ran back to bed, all while asleep mind you, and slammed her leg into out bed's foot board. She STILL has a huge welt!)

I certainly believe in ghosts/spirits but I just never saw or heard anything out of the ordinary, so I just assumed it was the stress of the marriage and having our first place. Then, I started seeing things. I would like to say I had willed myself into seeing things but that is not the case. What tends to happen is I will see things moving out of the corner of my eye. Or, I will be in the bathroom in front of the mirror and I swear, I see thing reflected behind me.

There have been a number of occasions that I have been home alone during the day, I have been suffering from some health issues and have been out on leave, and things just don't seem right. Movements and sounds all over... Just odd. I would love to believe it is my illness playing tricks on me or just sounds from the other tenants but I am alert and the walls, floors and ceilings in our complex are solid concrete.

Another thing, our dog Murphy, a Jack/Boston, has been acting very odd. He will bark at invisible things, he gets VERY snippy with us when we try to pick him up... Which he never did before, and he has developed this tremendous fear of heat and smoke. Every time I am cooking or have the oven on, he hides in the computer room and sometimes will relieve himself on the floor. This is all new. And for some reason he will just not relax unless I am in the living room with him. If I am on the computer he will not stay in there with me. But when I go in the living room, he will just sit there.

Yesterday, as an example, I was in the computer room for a good amount of time. He would just walk back and forth until I was done in there. When I finally sat down on the couch, he was so exhausted from walking back and forth he fell asleep... Just odd.

I am looking forward to hearing your comments :)

Other hauntings by bleck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bleck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kezzia (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Looks like the house is haunted or creepy in the name haha you dint even see any ghost? If you see 1 tell I wan to see to lol 😁 but don give me the highest ranking ghost... Lol
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Hi bleck. Some dogs have odd behaviors. I've had dogs in the past that would bark at the walls or a corner that nothing was in. The dogs that I have now are always right on my heels all of the time. I can't even go to the bathroom without them being with me. It's not because they are scared of anything ghostly just have their own little quirks.
When I get sick or have been on some medications, I have seen and heard extremely odd, freaky things which could be related to that. Maybe not! As for your wife waking up to a figure by the bed... I've been there many times. When I was 11 years old, we lived in this house that was nice and in a nice subdivision but something was odd about it. Something unsettling. Almost everytime I took a shower or bath, when I was done, I would open the shower curtain, stand up and look in the mirror and always saw this translucent figure come from behind me to my left side and then float up to the ceiling and be gone. Talk about freaked out. From then on I would have my dog stay in the bathroom with me so I would feel more protected. This was one of the dogs and at one of the houses that he would bark at a dark corner of a wall where nothing was at.
Well atleast you are moving out but you should have the house/apartment smudged of the negative activity for the poor people that we'll be moving in after you. Have your new place smudged also as well as yourselves just in case. You wouldn't want to have anything move along with you to your new house.

Thanks for sharing your story.
SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Too late for this one too, bleck, sorry. Again, is the new place clean?
Thank you.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
BLECK,
I have a dog. He acts the same way. What a coincidence. Our dog keeps barking and growling at anyone in the house, including me! He eats his food in the kitchen, but he never goes in there so he eats in the hall. At knight, my dog and my cat hiss and growl at something that isn't their inside by our front door. Freeky, tell me about it.
PEACE ❤ ALLIE
bleck (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
Thank you all for commenting.

Our Dog is fine outside and he is OK inside as long as I am there with him... Just strange. Or maybe he just misses me when I am at work and I am just looking too much into it. But the sudden fear of the oven and smoke is just really odd. He won't come outside with me when I grill.

The catholic priest who married us was going to stop by to see how we were doing, he is friendly with my in-laws, but he has yet to do so. We just never got around to arranging a time. Since we will be out of there in a few months it may be a moot point. But I never thought of the blessing... Good advice.
slghosts (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
wow! That is weird. Maybe the ghost is tanting the dog. Have you tried to take the dog outside to see how he acts outside and see if he acts any different when he is not in the house?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Have you tried having your home blessed by your own belief system. Sometimes negative energy can remain in a home long after the previous inhabitants are gone. Blessings or smudgings help to break up these energies. I would recommend doing one or the other to your new home before moving in. Just in case.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Hey Bleck, that is so creepy. I would have been scared to death seeing things behind me reflected in the mirror and seeing things out of the corner of my eye. My mom always tells me that these apparations are just things that we make with our mind, or so that's what she read. I don't know how she can say that because we used to live in a huanted blue house, and she experienced things out of the paranormal. I guess she just doesn't want to bring herself to believe it was all real. Well, I was told that dogs sense ghosts, they can smell them, I think, and sometimes even see them. WEll, I enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing it. Later

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: