You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fishing Spook

Real Ghost Stories

Fishing Spook

 

Thought I'd tell you a story about what happened to me and my boyfriend a number of years ago. We were walking from our house to his parents house about 3 miles away, our car had broken down the day before so we were walking and chatting about my boyfriend Darren, wanting to buy fishing tackle, and how much he was missing going fishing.

We walked down a big sloping field, there's a cemetery at the bottom, and a lake to the side. We were still chatting about fishing, and I looked up and saw a man, sat at the lake fishing. Knowing how fishermen like to talk I said to Darren, do you want to go and see how that mans doing, Darren looked up and seeing him said yeah.

We walked along the bank, through the trees, and came out the other side. As we walked up I was talking to Darren and not paying much attention when he came to a compleate stop. I looked at him and said what! Darren said were's he gone, I looked up and there was no one there, the lake was totally empty. I was just stood there rooted to the spot for a second then took off running out of there shouting to Darren to hurry up.

When we were on the main road, we stood a second then I said what did you see, and he described just what I'd seen, a middle aged man in green wellies sat on a green tackle seat box with a fishing brolly up fishing on a pole. To pack up that tackle would take about 30 to 40 minutes not the 3 minutes it took us to get there.

I don't know whether being at the side of a cemetery affected this or something was listening to our conversation and thought this would be funny, but it wasn't, this really shook me up big time.

Other hauntings by pringles

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pringles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Psychic (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I think he scares people away because he drowned and doesn't want that to happen to others do your homework on your town history
Noah67 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I ❤ Ghost stories... This is just freaky. Yes, it may have something to do with that. I would go back to the lake with your boyfriend. Bring two camera's and take a picture of the spot where you saw the man. I know how you feel, since it happened to me, though I haven't seen a fisherman and it was at my aunts house. Me and my cousin saw a lady-like figure in the kitchen, where my aunt took a picture of an orb, and died ages after, prompting me to search the house. 😆 I bet you were scared when that happened, just like me. Anyway, take the picture and if you see an orb, figure, or anything like that, you have a reason to freak out. It may be a fishermen that drowned, while trying to catch the biggest fish he ever got. He MIGHT have 'Unfinished business' To scare away other people from the lake, and make sure no one 'Steals' his catch. Just my little theory, though I don't think you should trust it. Did you have a relative, That loved fishing? It may be watching over you. 😨 You should be happy then, It may not have been some sick joke from the spirit world. Its rare for ghosts to even appear in front of relatives... Well I think, I THINK... They could just be trying to not scare you. Sorry if My tiny somewhat similar story made the comment off topic.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: